Toymods » Cruises and Events » 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Mon, 19 May 2003 13:58 Go to next message
Hi Toymodders,
This June we are going to the Blacktown Drive-In again for the screening of 2 Fast 2 Furious- The sequel to Point Break+Turbos.

In th spirit of true original Fast + Furious there will be the first Toymods Rice-athon held at the Drive-In.

The Rice-athon will be a beauty contest for your vehicle to see who can have the car that displays the most amount of dodgy Autojoy-style accssories (RICE) that you will be able to fit to a car and still have some dignity to drive.

These "Accessories" may be fitted prior to arriving at Blacktown Drive-In, or upon arrival once you have secured your position for the movie.

The gates open at 6:30pm for a 7:30pm movie start.

*First Movie is 8 MILE (Eminem)
*Second Movie is 2 Fast 2 Furious

-Price is $10pp (Toymods Car Club special rate)
-Blacktown Greater Union Drive-Ins, Cricketers Arms Rd, Blacktown 2148. (follow Reservoir Rd -southbound)

*Please note there are no EFTPOS facilities there. Cash only. They do sell burgers, chips, coffee, donuts etc.

The judges will go over the vehicles to decide the winner and runner-ups before the first screening.

Some suggestions are:
-The use of Alfoil to imitate chrome-plating
-Turbo exhaust tips with anodising
-An array of 15kw stickers - Mugen, HSV, MOTec, esp on std Toyota
-Seat belt pads
-rear wings that are higher than the roof of your car
-cardboard style bodykits
-Use of someone elses car!

Rice-athon Rules:
-No "Modification" is to adhere the driving to point where it is dangerous. i.e. dont make the bonnet scoop too big
-No large stickers in centre of windscreen
-Only large bribes will be accepted
-Driver of vehicle will be an own liability if any "Mods" are defected etc.
**More to come**

Hope to see you all there- maybe we could all get Nos stickers too!
.oO Dave Oo.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 June 2003 10:58] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Mon, 19 May 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacktown Crying or Very Sad

Bass Hill Cool

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIIIK!!!!

Time for chromie everything and 100% Mirror Tints!! Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I WILL WIN! My rice 0wnz j00!!

I call bonus points for "little asian/latin groupie rice girls"

well.... time to clean out autojoy and jaycar methinks Smile

and blacktown rules!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 20 May 2003 10:16

I call bonus points for "little asian/latin groupie rice girls"

Great idea dude!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can thank Paulina for that one Smile
she voulenteered!

Are we going to see the rice master (MAX) there?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am SO there. Bring on the foil and the industrial strength cardboard! Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am THERE.

BTW, whoever wins the Rice-a-thon, I'll probably come in a pretty close second without on-the-spot-mods. Laughing

Are we meeting up earlier like last time, for some dinner?? Or are we hooking up AFTER the movie, because all the action will be happening right about the time we met up last time for dinner. Confused

Any suggestions?

See you there, with bells, whistles and neons. Wink
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 20 May 2003 10:59

she voulenteered!

I think we're gonna have a rice girl competition, 'coz Kristy & I will be there!
Nod hehehe Rolling Smiley =
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 20 May 2003 13:00

THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 20 May 2003 10:59

she voulenteered!

I think we're gonna have a rice girl competition, 'coz Kristy & I will be there!
Nod hehehe Rolling Smiley =

HEY-YOOOOOO!!!!
Nod
excellent! Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm gonna make my way there

my poor sleeper has no chance at all in the rice-a-thon... but hopefully all you guys distract the cops so they dont look at my car Smile
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
icon6.gif  Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 20 May 2003 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is going to be one hell of a nite. dont think i'll rice up the echo though. Its rice enough being new lol. As well as the interior mods ive done.
Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 21 May 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somehow I get the feeling that there is a certain satisfaction in NOT winning....

"Dayum, I came last in the Rice Stakes 2003...."
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 21 May 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr... can I put mugen, nismo and TRD stickers on my 00 rodeo and be eligible? or do I have to just stick with cable-tying my wifes hairdryer under the bonnet??? Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 21 May 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long do we have to set up the car??? I have a whole lotta crap that will be unsuitable for driving and I want to go all the way baby!!!

I'll prolly be spending a bit of money doing all this just for the fun of it...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 21 May 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im setting myself a budget of $50 ABSOLUTE max for parts inlcuding gaffer tape, cardboard and EVERYTHING...

although i do already have a collection of neons that rivals even the biggest rice boys....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 21 May 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gimme some neons bitch...
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 21 May 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there with bells, and anything else I can think of... I'm feelin the need for some 'home-made' stickers??

Never been to a Drive-in either.... a Rice-a-thon and the Drive-in's... it's just all too much Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 21 May 2003 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... looks like we get a feed of "rice" for dinner Rolling Eyes, or we starve.
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Thu, 22 May 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn. Wife wont let me steal the hairdryer. Laughing
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Thu, 22 May 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not meeting up before the drive-in. people will probly be doing mods to their vehicles whilst ating food at home. so we'll meet up at the drive-in just b4 6:30pm.

My suggestions would be to rice it up before the drive-ins with final touches when we get there. you'll probly have bout 1/2hr befor we start inspecting for the rice-off champ.
.oO Dave Oo.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Mon, 26 May 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres an idea ...

http://www.orsm.net/images/random_shite967.jpg

Laughing
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Mon, 26 May 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man that is the BEST!!! LOL

You will win for SURE! (methinks it needs some paint now...) Totally awesome. Nossssssssssss
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Mon, 26 May 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My God...

But being an Excel that's only to be expected. Rolling Eyes Interesting concept with the twin-blade rear spoiler... that's really gonna hold it to the ground doing 50km/h. Very Happy

I've seen done-up Excel's before, but what an insult. Quite a lot of thought has gone into that. Razz

Andrew, you wanna hook up before the meet and roll up together? Since you're in the area....
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Mon, 26 May 2003 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very keen on this one ... might spray paint the valour in the cressi white Shocked
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 27 May 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey BigFella, im not actually attending this event unfortunately Sad
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 27 May 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm a bit disapointed in that excel, where is the cardboard 5spoke mags? lol!!!!

Spray it silver n u can have CHROMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Fri, 30 May 2003 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, where are the shopping lists down the doors.
justin Laughing
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

so who else is going??

i'll be there but closer to 730pm... gotta go straight from work

might have to rice up the VL cause the celicas a bit sick Sad

post if your coming

sharmz
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys.
Havent met any of you ppl yet but Im hopin i can make it to this one! sounds like fun.

What do you think the turn out will be like?

Sharmz-out.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there, also going straight from work.
corolla madness
Regular

January 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excels aint that bad i know a guy who owns a turbo one and it goes alright im sure it would beat my 20v but he wants to sell it cause it is an excel. Laughing i would not have bought it in the first place although it would make the best sleeper.

I remember being at the runs one night and an excel raced a FTO there and won. Everyone laughed at the FTO now that is a typical rice mobil.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll hopefully be there. I'll try to make it, but it's a long drive from Canberra so not sure if I'll get there in time or not.

Won't have time to rice up my car though. Sad
But the Decepticons should help me win! Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry
just got a better offer from 2 gorgeous english girls... how could I refuse? Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be there of course.... and i will still have the POS to rice. So who is actually going to offer some competition to me??

So far that excel looks about the only thing even CLOSE.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bring them along, I need a passenger in my car Evil or Very Mad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have two spare seats in the back........ Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi!
I got dibs on both of them!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to use the immortal words of roger waters

keep your filthy hands of my dessert!
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just came across this page..

http://www.phathonda.com/rice/

lol at this one...
Shocked
http://www.phathonda.com/rice/integra1.jpg

Caption that goes with it:

Spoiler adds at least 80hp! Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on man! Sharing is caring!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make you a deal

the minute you share wife to be, I'll share my lovely english girls Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet! Two for the price of one! Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope your gf either is cumputer illiterate, doesn't read this website, or has a good sense of humour.

and no offence, but somen who are spoken for dont do it for me. give me a nice (pair of) single girl(s) anyday Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cumputer? Is that a subliminal sorta psych thing? Laughing

And she's used to my humour. Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably Razz

more likely, it's duie to the fact that my job requires me to type for 7.5 hours of my day. So once I get home I take pride in not ebing able to tyupre properly Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me frail engrish.... thaaats unposibl!

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Tue, 03 June 2003 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes I am so very there... and hopefully with a truck load of RICE. Rice baby RICE!!!! You will NOT recognise my car. Well, if my exam schedule lets up anyway... time to write my essay....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 04 June 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there Danny...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Wed, 04 June 2003 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, shit I can't make it - It's on a Friday and I work bloody afternoon shifts! Mad Sad
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Thu, 05 June 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in, I will be riding solo if anyone wants the girlfriend seat Rolling Eyes

Unfortunatly I won't get back to sydney early enough for the rice up, can I just open the hatch and crank up the bass Cool
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Thu, 05 June 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there but I might have to park down the back with the dodgy speakers as the car has no stereo yet and I don't think i'll get one in by Tomorrow night Sad

Unless I can park between two really loud car stereo's ????

Or someone has an inverter for the home stereo ? Karl ???
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Thu, 05 June 2003 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nooo.... Rolling Eyes

dude - i dont even have a stereo.. not that i really care about hearing the movie at all.... Razz
If you get desperate rod, then bring along my ra28.
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Thu, 05 June 2003 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep... still comin'. Not going to be as ricey as planed (very busy week), but putting in a late one to make up for it??

gettin tired........... zzzzzzzz
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Fri, 06 June 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know if you can switch fields at the drivein between movies?
I'd much rather see Fat Pizza than 8 Mile.
Should be there regardless.
Had big plans for the rice up too, but having worked 50 hours already this week hasnt left much time for sleeping, let alone doing anything else.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Fri, 06 June 2003 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are we meeting at blacktown maccas before hand? our just outside the gates before hand?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Fri, 06 June 2003 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pete,

Due to it being a 6.30pm Start we are meeting at the Drive inn dude !

(Movie Starts at 7,30pm)

Steve,

You should be able to swap fields no worries only problem is there is no Guarantee the movies will finish at the same time so you may end up missing the end or the start of one !

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Fri, 06 June 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Rod.
Anyone want a 1.25kg Milo tin cut to make a 7" tailpipe? Laughing
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Re: 2FAST 2FURIOUS RICE-ATHON!! FRI 6th June '03 Fri, 06 June 2003 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright! Ive gotten hold of a neon sign from an out of business signwriter... now all I need to do is wire it up for full rice affect!
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Movie times Fri, 06 June 2003 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Movie Times

We are trying to get there at 630pm so that we get good parking and can judge the 'rice-a-thon'. We will be in FIELD 2 to see 2Fast2Furious.

Here are the movie times/details for those running late:

Blacktown Drive-In

FIELD 2

8-Mile 730pm
2Fast 2Furious 940pm

FIELD 1
Fat Pizza 730pm
Matrix Reloaded 930pm

I believe you can swap fields at intermission (or at least i dont think they stop you).

Once again we will be in FIELD 2 at 630pm.

CYA THERE!

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Now with pics 01/05/2005 Old Pacific Highway Cruise Aftermath
Next Topic:DRAG COMBAT 22/5/2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:18:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080840587615967 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.