Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Tue, 20 May 2003 02:04 Go to next message
I had my car on the dyno last weekend and got 124.5hp at the rear wheels. I was just wonder what sort of figures other 4AGZE owners have been getting. Not shootout crap, true figures please.

Cal.
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Tue, 20 May 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search the forums for previous dyno day results or there are some graphs from previous dyno days here.

http://www.toymods.org.au/eventpics.html

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 02:11]

FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Tue, 20 May 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sydney autosalon i cracked 145 hp at wheels 108 kw's at wheels
http://sydcorollaclub.cjb.net/flynsx
my results of dyno r there
by the way iam running a pully kit and front mount with that:)
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Thu, 22 May 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like to cry whilst I say 82kw at the front wheels.
BAH HUMBUG
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Thu, 22 May 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a copy of the dyno of mine a two years backs. this was its finally run. was producing a little more power on the last few runs but a 40+ degree is not the best weather to be tuning a car Shocked

engine standard but the intercooler front mounted

http://groups.msn.com/4agteke10corolla/shoebox.msn w?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=17

[Updated on: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:20]

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Thu, 22 May 2003 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember, I've never seen two dynos give the same reading. The numbers are meaningless unless you're comparing two cars on the same dyno.
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Fri, 23 May 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys. I am finding people who reckon they are getting 180rwhp out of cars with the same or even less mods than mine. Seems a bit more realistic in here.

Cheers,

Cal.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Fri, 23 May 2003 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most ze's on realistic dynos i have seen put out around 90 kw. i was suprised by mine but then again i forgot to mention i also have ab aftermarket computer. the mods that you have sound right for the power its putting out
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Fri, 23 May 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is what I thought. Mine has a bigger pulley (11psi), VR4 front mounted intercooler and Microtech computer. Goes pretty good if you ask me.

Cal.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Fri, 23 May 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. 4agze will be round 85-95kws depending on boost. I got 92kw's at the wheels with my ae86, that was on 12psi (nevo pully)

Autosalon dyno is a wank, no offence. Those figures people quote off that dyno are about as realistic as me having 2 dongers.

There are only about 2-3 dyno's in sydney that give a true reading, the rest keep upping the output just so people go back for more.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Fri, 23 May 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thunderbird1 wrote on Fri, 23 May 2003 20:00

...as realistic as me having 2 dongers.

hahaha thats almost believeable Luke ! Laughing
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont agree with the comment about autosalon dyno i have had my car on 4 different dyno's in the last 3yrs and my average run is still 141.66666 That was from dynos at BD4'S Motorsports, Padstow Tafe, Auto Salon 2000 final battle front wheel drive dyno and autosalon sydney 2003 4wd dyno. How can all four dyno's be wrong i think not!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Fri, 23 May 2003 20:22

thunderbird1 wrote on Fri, 23 May 2003 20:00

...as realistic as me having 2 dongers.

hahaha thats almost believeable Luke ! Laughing

LOL...

Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AT LEAST 3 of those dyno's are about accurate as ..... as ...

the panel gaps of a russian Trabant (treated cardboard panels) !!!

Complete and Utter Shit. BD4's especially - they always ask you what power figures you are expecting or would like - low and behold you always get em !!

at least out at precision auto (the toymods dyno) everyone has had a go, under different atmo conditions too. It gives you something to compare.

Very few of us can claim to have accurate and precise data on the output of our engines.

To compare figures on different dyno's is just waving your dick in the wind.

Go to the creek and we'll compare terminal speeds - a much better judge by far !!

Matt

FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol go to pauls face at bd4's and tell him his dyno is fu(kd been down the creek done that 14.7 got the time sheet to prove it its so old but u can still read it:)
i dont think iam waving my dik in the air when i got facts and time sheets to prove it.
what i got is what i got how can so many ppl be wrong.

Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate I have called Paul every name under the sun in the past - didnt change the fact that his dyno (along with a lot of others) is more in tune with your wallet than the tractive effort applied to the rollers.

Terminal Speed and all up weight is a good indication - give me those and i may have to eat my words.

Matt

-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm.. well done guys.. once again ppl are expressing there self proud towards there cars and there dyno figures and once again we have people who have to go and burst there bubble and put shit on them.. well done dickheads!!!
i happen to know that from wat i have witnessed FLYNSX'S dyno readout are pretty damn accurate... so get of his case yojimbo..

"didnt change the fact that his dyno (along with a lot of others) is more in tune with your wallet than the tractive effort applied to the rollers."
yojimbo.. does this mean non-members are more likely to beat members at the dyno day as they pay $5 more... hmmm Rolling Eyes

hmmm. and another thing.. y would the autosalon dyno be rigged.. did autosalon tune the car?? NO.. are they tryin to impress the customer with there tuning expertise?? NO.. fuck man get your hands of your dicks!!! and stop putting people down!!!
oh and with FLYN'S other post.. y the fuck is it inaccurate.. if four DIFFERENT DYNOS produce very similar figures why is it still inaccurate??? hmm... and if they were supposedly"rigged" or "tampered" with.. how come they all new to tamper with there dyno's to the same degree Confused Rolling Eyes hmm... oh and y would a community tafe up the output from there dyno... it reeps no reward for themm.. like seriously guys wat the fuck!!!!
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blown 20v ... sorry mate , but your wrong.

Go and talk to an honest dyno guy, even ask Paul at Bd4's cause he will tell you, you have to put figures into a Dyno to make it give you out its reading. You don't just set up your dyno, stick a car on it and the rollers do all the work.

I've got nothing against paul at bd4's, but i have also seen cars pull bigger figures on that dyno and others, figures closer to flywheel.

Basically the 4agze mentioned at the start of this thread is given a reading closer to flywheel.

14.7 is an ok time, but my sprinter with 90odd kw's ran better than those times.

Dynos are a TUNING tool, figures mean nothing. IF you really don't believe me about those figures being high, stick your car on Dyno Daves dyno, and Bd4's on the same day, then come back and tell me what u think.

Luke
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have any of u guys ever driven a dyno
ofcourse u get varying results from dyno to dyno
i know by experience that the dyno operator can also control how much hp u get on the dyno graph by which gear he uses or
the ramp rate and also on some dynos when u back of at high revs the dyno can flare and give a higher reading
theres too many variables

some might be close some might be way out

usually they wont be similar but they might be close say one dyno to another might be 20hp out
but 20hp is not much especially when u are talkin bout around 100kw

the only way to compare hp is to use same dyno otherwise its pointless to brag bout how much hp u have to another guy with similar car

plus u have to determine if the dyno is old or new
4wd or 2wd
some dynos dont even have a roller retard to load the car up to get maximum hp

in theory all these dynos should show same figure but in reality they dont

a dyno is usually used to get the best out of the car u r tuning at the time, not for sayin u have this hp
people make the mistake of goin to different dynos
once u tune yr car on a dyno u should keep goin back to same dyno to see if the mods u have made were good or bad
and the best thing to do is only modify one thing at a time
otherwise u dont know what mod made the extra hp

all u need to tell people is at this dyno i got the best out of it

then u can run it down the drag strip
and u will find that a car with big hp and shit setup can sometimes loose to a car with less hp and good setup

[Updated on: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:08]

FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thunderbird1 not knocking you but how much does ya sprinter weight??
800kgs 900kgs
compaired to my seca at 1374kg's thats a big difference in weight wouldnt u say?
i havent seen any seca hit the mid 15sec mark let alone 14 sec mark so i think i would b pulling a good time of 14.7 with the 4agze that i got and the set up iam running. To make this even more interesting i got a AFM gze as well.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE AE86 on the Dyno. Sun, 25 May 2003 12:45 Go to previous message
cool cool... 14.7 is a great time man.. not knocking that and your right, the sprinter was 1120kg's and rwd was handy off the line.

all i'm saying is, the dyno's mention always ready 10-20kws above normal. Its a FACT.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ...
Next Topic:ta22's in perth
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:41:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048139095306396 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.