Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Tue, 06 May 2003 12:48 Go to next message
Talking to Jason at tonight's social meet, it became apparent that he's actually serious about this idea and so am I. He suggested that we build the machine and donate it to the group as a sort of a novelty (or something). If anyone would like to donate time or money, this is the place to put up your hand, post ideas and pledge items that we may need. I'm sure jason will leave a post here explaining things better than i have, including all about the engine that will be used.
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Tue, 06 May 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a rolling [rusty shit box] shell i can donate for the project.. we can lighten it up by taking out things that we dont need...

like... a roof.... Very Happy
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Wed, 07 May 2003 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that i have to see (can i play with the angle grinder?) Evil or Very Mad
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Wed, 07 May 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The frame needs to be about the same size as a go cart because the engine is pretty small it produces about 5 1/2 horse power but im sure we can tweak it a little bit and revs to about 12-13 grand.
I will see if i can get some photos so you can get an idea of size.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Wed, 07 May 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a lawn mower with attitude...
Laughing
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Sat, 10 May 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an unfinished gokart - its just a frame you may be able to use it if you like.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Sat, 10 May 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now we're talking thats the spirit Very Happy
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Sat, 10 May 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats exactly what we'll need. we'll take it.

Jason: If this motor has the HP to match the go-karts at hume, how are we going to get the wheels spinning? Cos those Go-karts are rather gutless
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Sat, 10 May 2003 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You forget that it revs somewhere between 10 and 13 thousand rpm add a medium weight fly wheel and you have a lot of kinetic energy there. Im just not sure how to get the power to the wheels yet i will try and get a pic of the engine tonight so i will need someone to host it for me.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Sun, 11 May 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it possible to fabricate some sort of clutch? i'm sure that would help once its at 13,000 rpm
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Mon, 12 May 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAD

and so it starts!
the DEVIL KART! Evil or Very Mad
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Sun, 18 May 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys here is a picture of the engine the big red thing is an armiture as it use to be attached to a generator. For an idea of size that is a 30 cm ruler on the left.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p50937ad7cd0877596c5f4055b4a937bb/fc21bc59.jpg.orig.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2003 01:00]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Tue, 20 May 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you guys want i can donate some webspace for the project, so you can upload pictures and the like.

And if possible could i have a gander in person occasionally during the project, im trying to learn as much about mechanics as i can.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:09]

benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: The Proposed Rotary Powered Donut Doer Tue, 20 May 2003 11:30 Go to previous message
All are welcome!

Which brings me to another point. Jap parts in hume are getting in a RWD manual paddy basher before friday so we have something to fuck up for Take Two. we have been guaranteed a price of $250 so bring along some money on friday at 1pm. biggest donater gets first swing with the sledge hammer!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Website Update Meeting - 7pm, 20 May 2003
Next Topic:Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Social - 7.30, Tuesday, 6 May 2003
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:12:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070500373840332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.