Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Whats with the stickers down the side?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon13.gif  Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 03:10 Go to next message
What is it with the stickers down the front wheel arch panel
is it a list of stuff u get if you steel the car? Laughing
I've seen commodores with them.
Unless u have an advertising or sponsership deal what the point?
especially the clarion or pioneer why not get a bright yellow sticker on the front windsscreen i have a decent stereo please steel it. Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its the law, you have to have them on so theives know what they are getting for their time and efforts. Laughing Laughing

Theres this word that comes to mind... starts with R and ice in it somewhere?¿
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good! But shit on a ricey car, or bogan falcadore!

rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its so when the car with the stickers down the side cruises around and goes to ricesalons, people who wanna lets say..'modify' there 'machines' the car with the stickers displays the brand of 'mods', so people checking out the 'machine' know what brand to buy when they 'modify' their 'machine'

and they go....'aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww dook at dat bro, day fulli sicki hey bro. awwwwwww apexi bro! i want to get dat shit bro, dat shit dooks the shit hey bro, hey bruvva, look hey, thats hot hey, i wanna get that shit hey, cos it looks hit hey'

Just call me GoObY! Surprised
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought they meant 'Boy Racer with small penis' Very Happy
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it means RICE BOY! Laughing
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing IT IS FREE ADVERTISING FOR THE COMPANY Laughing

And these poor fools !!!!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My TRD sticker on the fender is to cover up a imperfection in the paint ( where clearcoats been buffed thru )- so i dont have to have the whole fender resprayed just yet

Cheap way to cover it up till i can get a respray Wink and it gives me 10Kw of powahs !!!

* lol *

I still think Narks " deceptacon " one is the fuinniest
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And a few years down the track when they remove the stickers you can see the outline from them being on so long cause the rest of the paint has faded slightly. Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought they were a shopping list of things to get.

eg:
-rice
-bread
-milk
-life
-garrett
-sony

etc

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:23]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeing mine will get a respray after the modifications stages finish to some extent ( suspension stereo - few go faster bits ) it can stay faded Wink

the rest of the car needs a cut and polish anyway - Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the list of " i wish i had's :"
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i really dont understand why people bag other peoples cars..
you dont like it? so f*cking what, it's not your car and you dont have to drive it.

torque
Regular

May 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good point feralmr2!!
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral I do tend to agree with you... it is one thing having a chuckle to yourself or to your girlfriend when she points out a riced up car.... but to actually yell out abuse to people from your car and shit like that is a bit childish!!

And just for your guys information... I do actually like bodykits.... ones that are tastefull and ones that you can actually still drive the car without having to worry about not going somewhere because of ie. 2 inch high speedbumps!!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, its the christmas wish list, so that santa knows what to bring them!!! cause mummy and daddy are not familiar with after market goodness (sorry kiddies, aint no santa no more)
justin
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Wed, 21 May 2003 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 wrote on Thu, 22 May 2003 00:39

(sorry kiddies, aint no santa no more)

This must be very upsetting for you...
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So do you think ts not right to yell at some nob in a stock excel with a body kit with his bass cranked up trying to look like daddy cool - i know id call him a nob
Where did body kits come in to ricey stickers down the side of that car?
I mean there are a lot of dreamers who have stock cars with these cheap ass bodykits with wings that can touch power lines it's pretty funny they spend a $1000 or what ever on a shh house kit when thet could buy some thing that whould actually do something good like extractors + exaust or if you've got a turbo engine buy an intercooler or something that will actually actuall raise HP.
oh well waht ever floats your boat.
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but you can go to an extreme there too.. i see them go past here every day.
wannabe ricers, ricers.. everything.
guys who drive bombs like they are driving an R34.
however.. i want a Shopping List.. i want the "MILK, Bread, Eggs" one.. Smile
its on my forums.. or was.. in case its not on here.
(forums broke.. just had a signup too.. and i think i lost it, stupid SQL)

Anyhow
Peace
Katsuchiyo
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Riiiiight so you feel the need to yell obscenities at someone just cause their taste in "vehicle modification" differers from yours???

You have a lot of growing up to do!!

Of course I don't like ExSmells with 50kg of fibreglass hanging off them, and stickers like HKS Power (comes with basic pod filter I think) then TRUST.... no turbo/intercooler in sight ETC ETC!!

But what right do YOU have calling someone and I quote you your very words "a nob"??

I don't know..... I guess my method of dealing with people like this, ie.(excel with "performance stickers" Boeing 747 warehouse auction wing on the back, and pumping stereo at the lights, looking around to see if peeps are looking at him) is to look at my G/F give a wry little smile back to them and be on my way, thinking all the way...... IF ONLY YOU KNEW!!

You would be amazed at how at the next set of lights the stereo goes down!!

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW !!

Sounds like the speedmiester has a special place in his heart for tupperware excels ! Laughing
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
{quote]You have a lot of growing up to do!! [/quote]

Chill man, sit back and 'pop' another one of your special pills and relax a bit.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds to me like some one has an excel fetish Confused

Settle down buddy - im just stating the obvious men who drive excels with a bodykit are either batting for both sides or are simply NOBS!
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Funny story.. Thu, 22 May 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he he he... I saw a swift in a mates shop a while back with:
purple pearl over (nice paint job actually)
MASSIVE air dam
WRC bonnet scoop
Stickers down the side
Neon
Huge stereo.

you get the hint right - Full Rice Baby!

Engine? 3cyl 1 litre! Totally Stock with the exception of the exhaust!

I saw him in narellan one night in the passenger seat of my wifes charade (injectors and chip mods). Being pissed I hung out the window challenged to a drag. Nothing doing. My wife ended out calling him a pussy - He finally gets some nerve and tries to over take - ha ha ha - My wife creamed him of course.

Next stop camden - she gets out and tells him to get his #*$&#* Rice Mobile off the road - and then said "now I dont think you're a pussy - I know you are!!!" ha ha!

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Funny story.. Thu, 22 May 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pc874fedd193780b67287da4f542890be/fc19b04a.jpg.orig.jpg
Helmann
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the whole sticker thing if you are just being proud of the brands which modify your car.
BUT when it is done in the whole flavour of riceism(my new word) then i have a problem. Just buying an apexi sticker and putting it on your car does not mean that your car has any apexi parts inside. It is usually these morons that put a bad name to real car enthusiast.
I personally would not put stickers on my paint unless i started with the alarm brand sticker to warn off thieves first.
Brett.
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a few years ago i was at a car show and saw a mazda 323 with TRD stickers on each wing mirror!!!!!!, now im not trying to start anything but THAT GUY IS WHAT ID CALL A KNOB!, but each to their own. i dont mind the look of the stickers down the side-provided that you have some of that brand on your car.
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fake drilled and slotted brake rotors look funny
fake polished intercoolers look sad
mod stickers look pretty cool but you have got to have the goods to back up the car or you'll just look like a wank
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Thu, 22 May 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didn't it start in japan? putting stickers of the companys whos products have been used, in such cases it is quite tastefull but when ppl just put the best looking stickers on when they have none of the parts then id call them a knob!
at the risk of being called a knob myself my integra goes into the shop on monday to get the drivers door and front gaurd fixed.... and a full bodykit and full respray in loud paint...if this makes me a ricer(dead stock machanicals) then so be it, i like the way some of these cars look and since its my daily driver i dont need it to be quick. thats what my ta22 is going to be for...the track. although i do want to do a vtec transplant just cos i love the sound.
tempest
Regular

April 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Fri, 23 May 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say each to their own.although at the last auto salon i got some milk and bread stickers made up just to take the piss- lets people know i dont take my cars too seriously.
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Fri, 23 May 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do HPC, Holley, Castlemaine Rod Shop(CRS) count?

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Fri, 23 May 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've got it down the side of your car YEP your a wanna be rice boy Laughing Laughing
But i'll let you off i've got a 350 holley on my corona i have a holley sticker on the back its a bout the size of a pack of cigies its just for the WTF holley? Shocked corona - nah until they hear it suckin back the petie when i pss past em.
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Fri, 23 May 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah theres a guy at my tafe that rocked up in his exa the day after he got his licence.. 17" chromies, lowered, 5" exhaust tip (no joke), massive nismo banner on the front and, of course, a shopping list.... non turbo of course haha

anyways, he noticed me laughing my tits off at him and asked me, in a very "ethnic" manner "whats wrong with my car?" i simply said "not enough stickers"....

a week later, stickers have magically dissapeared Very Happy

dont get me wrong, its ok on cars with those parts on them, but this guy seriously said "yeah, but im GONNA put that stuff in"

all i have to say to those types is... Rolling Eyes Very Happy Twisted Evil
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Fri, 23 May 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends - Is the Integra a Type R or not - If its type R - ill forgive you at least Smile Those are nice for hondas Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Sun, 25 May 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
referring to the pic with the rice, bread, milk and eggs sticker. Does anyone know what sort of car that is. Just asking because i was just heading into work today when i hear all this tyre screeching from just up the road and i saw a white swift GTI with the exact same rice, bread etc. sticker. Is this the car?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats with the stickers down the side? Sun, 25 May 2003 13:46 Go to previous message
It's the whole brand-name thing like with clothing. Some people feel the need to cover themselves with rband names. I don't.

I happen to like clean shaved badge-deleted cars. When I was in Queensland, for the first time I saw Mk4 Supras with the rear wings removed. Must've been a bit of a fashion or something, but I thought it was very cool.

Eventually I'd like my celi to have the dragon badges but that's it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rust ....
Next Topic:Fixed Speed Cameras - wht do u think ...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:40:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067811012268066 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.