Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DTHCoCo
Occasional Poster

December 2002
2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Sat, 08 February 2003 12:57 Go to next message
My dad was driving me to work today and 2 lanes had to join. So the 2 Asians inside start smiling and so the drop down a gear and rev the shit out of their car (this thing had a loud exhaust) anyway i talk dad into racing em. so he drops down a gear rev's it right out and finally at 150kph we backed off, but we had em by about 4-5 car lengths, and as we slow down they fly by.I don't know much about cars but the lancer wasn't the brand new model but the previous one before it, but it had plenty of RICE eg. massive spoiler.

But i was surprised that the rolla won i though the lancer would have got us.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 February 2003 12:59]

Send a private message to this user    
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Sat, 08 February 2003 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it a 2002 vvti rolla? you'll fkn smash a lancer Evil or Very Mad ...esp one w/ 2 Asians and a loud exhaust (ie. it's probably the 1.6L base model)..don't be surprised to beat any lancer with your car..esp ones w/ evo kits Laughing
DTHCoCo
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Sat, 08 February 2003 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh the rolla does have vvti
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Sun, 09 February 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lancers just look good, bnut dont go hard AT ALL.. unless it is a gsr or evo

btw, those 1.8 rollas (prev. model) have a SHITLOAD of balllls.. to bad they look so granny..
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Mon, 10 February 2003 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offence.. but the lancers here are pretty hopeless. Soch based engines (mitsubishi only using one cam per build so they can make afford to another engine)

When i went on holiday back to my home country (philippines) The lancers there had abit more balls.. 1.6L Cyclone Engine with 130HP. Also the vtec b16a civics are tuned for 130HP. Thats why the real car enthusiasts there drive corollas afe or imported ge's Very Happy

but the MR lancers go alright don't they? if it had exhaust, extractors? i reckon it would keep up with a 88 4AGE
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Mon, 10 February 2003 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - Lancers here got the base engine too! (Canada) and they are just a commuter-type car mostly.
But a few mods liven's them up.
Not like a *real* EVO, but hey...
And the VVTi ain't no slouch! Rather have the VVTLi, but I'm driving 20-yr-old iron here....
I don't know why, but we seem to get the 'Americanized' crap cars - almost every other country gets better/faster/more stylish cars than we do!
We almost DIDN'T get the MR! Thanks to the Americans and CAFE and 83 Candaian Cents-per-liter gas!!!!!!
That's $2.06/Gal, USD
95 FSKING cents per lite AUD! For you doods down there!
And that's for the cheap stuff... 95 cents for 94 octane (R+M/2) makes $1.05AUD/L folks.
And the fine ppl in the 'States have conspired to delets the REAL performance cars from the lineup doe to stringent fuel-economy demands. So we get kitted-out base-model cars all the time.
Thank GOD (insert preferred Diety) for my Supra.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Mon, 10 February 2003 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's still cheaper than what we are paying with an 8cent rebate per litre.

As for cars, the most exciting thing that has hit the general public is the DOHC ford. Whoopie. They act like DOHC is being pioneered by ford or something only this year.

FreaK wrote on Tue, 11 February 2003 07:40

Yeah - Lancers here got the base engine too! (Canada) and they are just a commuter-type car mostly.
But a few mods liven's them up.
Not like a *real* EVO, but hey...
And the VVTi ain't no slouch! Rather have the VVTLi, but I'm driving 20-yr-old iron here....
I don't know why, but we seem to get the 'Americanized' crap cars - almost every other country gets better/faster/more stylish cars than we do!
We almost DIDN'T get the MR! Thanks to the Americans and CAFE and 83 Candaian Cents-per-liter gas!!!!!!
That's $2.06/Gal, USD
95 FSKING cents per lite AUD! For you doods down there!
And that's for the cheap stuff... 95 cents for 94 octane (R+M/2) makes $1.05AUD/L folks.
And the fine ppl in the 'States have conspired to delets the REAL performance cars from the lineup doe to stringent fuel-economy demands. So we get kitted-out base-model cars all the time.
Thank GOD (insert preferred Diety) for my Supra.

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Mon, 10 February 2003 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Freak nice MA47, got any more pics of it?

DTHCoCo
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Tue, 11 February 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a quick question has anyone added turbo to the current 2002 rolla? is it possible? and any idea's on how much KW's?
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Tue, 11 February 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 "
Quote:

hey Freak nice MA47, got any more pics of it?
"

yeah - I do!
But the pix are a mite big to post here, and my emails (mostly) are a tad screwy...lol.
You arent the on who responded to my deviant80 email with a 7M in yer MA are ya? I think I asked before....

Keep yer eyes on the "Project Bloo Dragon" in the MAg, more pix will be up soon.
Tho the car doesn't look quite so "nice" with teh new hood and such. hehe
Insane Sx
Regular

August 2002

Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Tue, 11 February 2003 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MR lancers go NO WHERE ALSO!

I had a car full of guys in my corolla sx, a esky of grog (another 20kg)in the boot, and some of the guys bags etc...

And then a guy ALONE came up in his mr coupe lancer at the lights and wanted to rice, and i still won pretty easy!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Tue, 11 February 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Insane Sx wrote on Tue, 11 February 2003 14:06

The MR lancers go NO WHERE ALSO!

I had a car full of guys in my corolla sx, a esky of grog (another 20kg)in the boot, and some of the guys bags etc...

And then a guy ALONE came up in his mr coupe lancer at the lights and wanted to rice, and i still won pretty easy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Nice word play there. Very Happy
encounta
Regular

July 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Fri, 14 February 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lolz, comparing a lancer to twinny rolla's.HAHAHA
excel's go even harder then lancers.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Fri, 14 February 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, speaking of prancers, did anyone go to the motor show and see the miserable mitsubitchsi display?

Heh, so not worth the see in that section. All they had was a body kitted magna 4wd, and a EVO body kitted prancer 2L.

They could have at least had a real evo.

At least the real manufacturers that were there, (Toyota and Subaru), had decent displays. I loved that toyota concept car. Oh yea baby. Two seater rear mounted V8. Huge damn fat tyres too.

Saw the Bandag Bullet there too. Sweet.

And I'd like to thank subaru for my free entry. Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Fri, 14 February 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota concept car? The one based on the MR2? It was a turbo 4 man! The Subaru display was pretty damm good and I loved that red Alfa GTV too... *drool*.

PS I'd like to thank PPQ (Personalised Plates Queensland) for my free ticket Very Happy

Cheers
Wilbo
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Sat, 15 February 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Sat, 15 February 2003 09:43

Toyota concept car? The one based on the MR2? It was a turbo 4 man! The Subaru display was pretty damm good and I loved that red Alfa GTV too... *drool*.

PS I'd like to thank PPQ (Personalised Plates Queensland) for my free ticket Very Happy

Cheers
Wilbo

I should have looked more in it. Smile

It was that coupe thing with the open panel doors. Looked like fun. Smile

I had a drool over that holden up in the corner too. Damn. It had a nice dual POD setup. Wish I had a digital camera.
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Sat, 15 February 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okokokok...
I'm showing my 'Continality' or 'Continentism' here, BUT we get a show THIS weekend, which I'm not gonna be able to attend (work related) AND I seem to need content for the site (such as a writeup on the Auto Show you doods were at) sooo...

Anyone with real opinions and hopefully some pix wanna write this up for me?

Nark and the Toymods gang in general have been nice to me ('cept no takers for feature cars or reader rides Smile so I know there's ppl here that know yer boot from a bonnet, so to speak.

Any takers? Please?
webmaster@toyotatuner.net

PS - mods, if this is inappropriate, lemme know...
wannatoy
Regular

July 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Tue, 18 February 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
encounta wrote on Fri, 14 February 2003 11:35

lolz, comparing a lancer to twinny rolla's.HAHAHA
excel's go even harder then lancers.

err... dunno about that..... i was lineball with a 1.8L coupe in my excel... then he started pulling away over 80km/h

lancers aren't bad cars... ricers just have to stop pretending that they have an evo

in regards to the 1.5... easy kills.... my cousin's mirage is a joke.....

even a 4k rolla would give a 1.5 carby a run for it's money
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Sun, 18 May 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Apollo wrote on Fri, 14 February 2003 16:57] mitsubitchsi display?

quote]

What the fuck is with fuckwit wankers dissing Mitsubishi ? i hate stereotype fuckwits that trash things just for the sake of trashing them well fuck you , you have alot to learn.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Mon, 19 May 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Methinks someone needs to take a chill pill... Shocked
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Mon, 19 May 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xfader wrote on Tue, 11 February 2003 07:30

but the MR lancers go alright don't they? if it had exhaust, extractors? i reckon it would keep up with a 88 4AGE

LOL! you are asking if a 2000ish model lancer can keep up with an 88 model toyota! The fact that you have to ask that question really shows which company is making the better cars Smile

BTW yes even the MR lancers are slow. My friend raced another fella in one of the 97ish model bug eye 1.8 corollas. Lancer had no chance Smile
Toy SX
Regular

April 2003

Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Mon, 19 May 2003 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancers are way too overrated, even the people who are non-rice. I respect them for liking their cars though, don't get me wrong on that, even if they know their car isn't tops.
The extreme ones however, stick a turbo in!!! Mad

Some idjit in an auto lancer wanted to take me on once, went up to around 100 and I was in front (my sx is stock as a rock with a crappy stock intake).

Lancer MR's are still using the same engine aren't they? 1.8L SOHC or did they go to DOHC?

Put it this way, Lancers AREN'T Evos, so why bother? True it's good to see the ricers face when you totally annihilate them Very Happy
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Wed, 21 May 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mates lancer 1.8 with extractors ecu and cams does 15.0 sec down the quarter kicks a R33 GTS easily.

btw the lancer's here dont come in 1.6 it's only the 1.5(GLi) or the 1.8 (GLXi)and the only difference between the MR and the GLXi are rear discs. Oh yea and I reckon the lancer 1.6 CYBORG (1.6 TwinCAM MIVEC) would most definately kick a 100kw 4AGE! it pumps out 170hp stock!

Not that im against toyota or pro mitsubishi i think all car enthusiasts should stick together and not discriminate! Smile Cheers guys!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 2002 Corolla (stock) Vs Lancer with EVO body kit (loud exhaust Wed, 21 May 2003 11:02 Go to previous message
Yeah, I'm with you GT Star... MIVEC's kick serious ass...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:And you though putting a turbo back on was easy peezy
Next Topic:1/4 mile time speculations
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 05:16:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074789524078369 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.