Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
irish ae86
Newcomer

April 2003
mad for doughnuts Fri, 04 April 2003 19:39 Go to next message
how's it going lads over here we're addicted to doughnuts as the cops are easier going and there are no penalty points its easy to see why there popular unfortunaley the irish insurance system isn't as good it costs me 4500 dollars to insure a ae86 3rd party and i'm 26 with clean licence and clean driving history so high powered rwd are out cos of insurance and there are no v8's in ireland cos of petrol prices

because there so good at doughnuts prices are crazy for an ae86 over here 20,000 dollars for the best cars (come standard with lsd and 4age over here)

anyway my girlfriend is aussie and she's anxious to get back to australia as i'm not familar with aussie cars can anyone tell me what standard and very cheap car can perform good doughnuts i mean tight circles i'll need something so i won't get withdrawl!!!

if anyone whats to see me doing doughnuts in my ae86 around a barrell and another ae86 check out http://drive.to/twincams

let me know what u think of my piloting

keep on diffing

[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2003 19:41]

Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mad for doughnuts Fri, 04 April 2003 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That insurance cost is just stupid!! No wonder MAX power is full of fiesta's on roids!!............ Laughing
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: mad for doughnuts Fri, 04 April 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Pete, have seen your site before off the Club4AG forums as well as a couple of pics in the Hyper Rev mags. I bet you must have couple of wild meets over there in Ireland. Smile

Unfortunately the police over here aren't too tolerant of burnouts or doughnuts. There's been a thread where ppl here have been pulled over & booked for a doughnut just for losing traction in the wet whilst driving. Mad

As for AE86's, they do have them here but they are the lower spec version - 4AC engine with no LSD. Most get around this by importing parts however for a 20 year old car, they are virtually non-existent these days.

So, unless you get a modified AE86 with the engine converted, you'll have to do the hard yards yourself. Most have problems sourcing a rear diff with LSD of some sorts.

Insurance-wise, I'm only paying $291 AUD for mine however that is only 3rd party property. Been quote around $1,500 for all round comprehensive insurance but I'm a careful driver.
irish ae86
Newcomer

April 2003
Re: mad for doughnuts Sat, 05 April 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah insurance is a joke its a lot better in the uk than ireland tough max power is a shit magazine full of trye polishers in fwd overwheeled underpowered fiestas corsas astras civics etc

the police here are fairly easy going compared to other countries generally you know someone who knows the cop it is ireland after all!!! the tarmac rally championship attracts the most ae86's all out to prove on the saturday night in the main street of the host town that their king of the rings i.e best at doughnuts was at galway international rally few years back when ae86 on northern irleland places started to doughnut around a police car the northern lads do what they want cos their from outside the jurisdiction i.e northern ireland is part of uk where as sound is governed by ireland its like an nz car coming into sydney doughting around cop car and the police cant touch him twas MENTAL

btw i'm not pete he's the lad who owns the site i was just featured in the videos

keep those tryes lit
irishtwincam
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: mad for doughnuts Wed, 21 May 2003 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just in case anyone wondered, its not me talking here!
Similar usernames, but NOT me!

Saw "Dodgy Haro" make the statement below...

>> Hey Pete, have seen your site before off the Club4AG forums >> as well as a couple of pics in the Hyper Rev mags.

My name is pete and am wondering if its my site your on about?
I could be completly wrong buit a feature in Hyper Rev would be cool! Smiley =

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: mad for doughnuts Wed, 21 May 2003 22:45 Go to previous message
Hey!
Australian culture grew up on tuff RWD cars, so we have a myrad of nice RWD vehicles that are more than capable of doing donuts!!

You do realise that Ireland isnt the only country that does them!

Im sure you will be pleasantly surprised at the Australian car scene.

Just avoid states that have anti-hoon laws implaced, as they will heavily fine and impound your car if your caught multiple times doing such things that you stated.

Anyways im guessing you like your smaller RWD cars, import RWD tubos like s13's are around the low to mid teens, r32's and r33 GTST's are anything from $10K to $18K

Toyota dont really offer anything interesting here locally, but the localy made vehicles (Ford/Holden), you can pick up a highly modified v8, v6 or 6cyl turbo for under $12K which will do more than rip circle work.

Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:46]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 fan clutch
Next Topic:ta22 questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:15:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052909851074219 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.