Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 06:04 Go to next message
any condition, but must have nearly all bits, running or not running, and in brisbane
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was about to say - i have your motor... but im in sydney!
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, i may be able to get down to sydney for a bit...

what kinda condition is the motor in? have you compression tested it recently? are there any parts missing?

if i'm unable to get down there how much do you think freight would be?

sorry to bombard you with question, i've been looking for a 18R-GU for a while Confused

cheers
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
condition isnt 100%
it blows smoke above 5500rpm, but otherwise ok.
oil leak out of timing chain tensioner next to dizzy (easy fix with o-rings)

no compression test, dont have the tools

frieght would suck balls. Would be better if you had a crane at the receiving address to take it off the truck, then i can do deals
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uhm.. i'm looking into getting it freighted over here, if you could just hang on to it for a while longer, say a week...

just so i can get some quotes and stuff

is that ok? or are you wanting to sell ASAP?
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW - how much did you want for it? dont think i even asked Embarassed
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking at around $350.

also forgot to mention - its the bigport big valve head 88253 (same as EFI head) and it has no carbies.

Time is something i have plenty of.
There is also another guy interested who is also checking freight costs, but the motor isn't sold until i say so.
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Sun, 04 May 2003 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It cost me about $150 to ship the same thing from Western Aust to Melb. I'm not sure who the company was as I didn't organise it.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Mon, 05 May 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Company was "Jayde Transport", Celicachick! How's it going rebuildwise, and did you find an exhaust manifold, if not I may have one here from that race motor I also have?!
Clint
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Mon, 05 May 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rebuild is happening! got it on a stand and have pulled the head off the block and have given that to a friend who will clean it all up, vac test it, acid dip it etc, the whole works!!!

The twin solex have been sitting on the floor of my car for about a week but they have now progressed to the shed so hopefully they'll get a rebuild shortly by my dad when he's got some free time.

Once my friend has finished with the head we'll be giving him the block to clean up and I think he was going to acid dip that as well.

Haven't had a good look for an exhaust manifold yet, bit short on cash at the moment. If you have a spare one that would be great!

Can't wait to get it into my car but I'm in no hurry as the car is back to metal at the moment. But at least all the rust has now been removed and replaced with metal!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Mon, 05 May 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, I've always found Solex's work better on a motor than the car floor! I trust your friend knows not to acid dip the head(you can't dip alloy without causing a few headaches!), rather get him to Robowash it - it'll come out looking all schmick, sweeeeeeet, and "da shit" all in one.
May also consider selling those 9.7:1 pop top pistons I have if you are interested also?
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Tue, 06 May 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friends trade is rebuilding engines so he knows what he's doing. We just gave him the head to take to his work for them to do their thing.

The solex aren't on the motor yet, they're now in the boot, but at least it's the boot of the car that it will eventually be going in. It's the safest place to keep them cause no one will move them to create bench space.

I'll speak to Marko who's doing most of the engine work for me about those pistons. He's got all these great plans for the engine so I'll let him decide, I'm just handing over the money!
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: WTB - 18R-GU Wed, 07 May 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clint, any chance of me grabbing those pistons off ya if celica chick doesnt??
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Wed, 07 May 2003 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much would you sell them for Clint?
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WTB - 18R-GU Wed, 21 May 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a 18rgu with all the parts and in running condition just needs some gaskets and it also has lumpy cam and im in brissy if your still interested. $400
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: WTB - 18R-GU Thu, 22 May 2003 06:31 Go to previous message
people100, im interested in the 18rg if you r still selling, im looking into freight to ACT. Which gaskets are needed?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Damaged AE92 SX Front Bar
Next Topic:Parcel Boot Tray
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:47:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060799121856689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.