Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Mon, 19 May 2003 17:16 Go to next message
Recently purchased a TRD Quick Shift kit from the US, but I have no use for the TRD leather gearknob that came with it. TRD badging on both sides of the grip, leather stitching. Internally-threaded for quick install onto any Toyota gearstick. In excellent condition, straight out of the box.

Make me an offer. All reasonable offers considered. Reply here or PM me if you're interested. Smile

Attachment: TRD-knob.JPG
(Size: 12.25KB, Downloaded 291 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Mon, 19 May 2003 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats on the top? I'll give ya $20 Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Mon, 19 May 2003 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
25? Smile
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Mon, 19 May 2003 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$25 and i'll come get it off u straight away
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 20 May 2003 07:02

Whats on the top? I'll give ya $20 Smile

On top is the shift pattern, embossed in... ie. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, R.

Cheers.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 02:25]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
35?

but id need to come pick it up in like a week or 2.
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew,
You have email, and my offer is negotiable.
Michael

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 02:56]

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
40 and i can pic it up tomorrow anytime
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeVil,
I believe I have struck a deal for the gear knob already.
Sorry bout that.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 05:44]

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger. i meant to PM you with a negotiatble offer like JZZ too
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u were in first yes, but unless bigfella says its sold, i would like to bid for it

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 05:47]

ozdunker
Regular

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM was sent......earlier
BAD22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$50 Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm interesting...

before the post was edited. it said the first person who threw down a price of 30 or more... would be walking away with the gear knob..

and being as that person was me... Confused

now the post is edited and there is a bidding war Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, The first post hasnt been edited Rolling Eyes
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
second one has tho..

which is the post which said
" the first person to bid at 30 will be walking taking it home "

i should know because i got PM saying i should edit my post from 35 back to 30

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:33]

superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$55 for the shift knob.
email me at webstea@ozemail.com.au
Cheers.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 - here's the story... amid a frenzy of posts and PM's, I did put the message in as being first to $30 would take it. I edited this two minutes before your bid was placed, as I read an earlier-received email from JZZ30MAN a few minutes before that post was edited, saying that he had placed his bid and arranged for a pick-up. A quick sale is needed, because it all goes towards my CAI install early next month. Now I have a "gentleman's agreement" with JZZ30MAN.

Quite frankly I'm rather dumb-founded that this much interest has been generated over this item for sale, because when I advertised it in the RAV4World.com Marketplace, I didn't receive one ounce of interest. Confused

How much does a shift knob like this go for if you bought it elsewhere??

Damn - I knew I should have put this on eBay and posted the link here... Embarassed
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dude thas cool. Smile

im not bitter or nothing just thought it was wierd..

lol that'll teach me for hitting the reply button then going for a smoke!! hehe

anyways. i was more looking forward to the drive to syd for no perticular reason other than to pick up part for 30 bucks Very Happy

lol i think u should have maybe placed it on ebay! hehe

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:42]

ozdunker
Regular

May 2002
icon8.gif  Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Tue, 20 May 2003 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FARK!! I shouldn't have replied to ANYONE until now... played the waiting game instead. Oh well, that will teach me for wanting a quick sale... but thankyou all for your interest. Smile
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Wed, 21 May 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heads up Lads ... Autobarn have a May sale this month ... advertised $10 gearknobs made from "Genuine Leather".

Rip the made in China sticker off the knob and stick on a TRD sticker for an additional $5 ... Laughing
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Wed, 21 May 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only prob with most aftermarket knobs is that they use a rubber collar and three grub screws for universal fit, instead of being threaded. Which means you end up with a bonus 'long shift mod'.

Do you know which sort the autobarn ones are?

BAD22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Wed, 21 May 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so who got the knob?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Wed, 21 May 2003 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan, when I got my chrome Isotta gearknob months ago, I received it with it's own installation 'kit'. This involved a selection of gearknob thread-caps (as the thread isn't needed to install it) as opposed to your rubber collar things... but essentially the same type of fitment, as mine too has three grubscrews to hold the metal base collar onto the stick. The knob screws onto the base collar's thread. I don't need any of those thread caps now, as the short shift kit was precisely the right stick diameter for the base collar alone to fit onto, then the grubscrews. Nod The end result isn't exactly a long-shift bonus, but a decent-sized short-shifter, after I cut the bloody TRD stick 50mm from the top. Bye bye, thread.... Surprised

BAD22, JZZ30MAN has the successful bid, but it's not 'actually' sold yet. It's as good as sold until he comes to pick it up.
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Wed, 21 May 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bigfella, I'll be there to pick it up and pay for it. Don't you worry.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:48]

oopy
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Thu, 22 May 2003 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe

any of you interested in a 6spd stitched leather celica gear knob ??? Razz
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Fri, 23 May 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it a screw on black leather one from a late celica/mr2 etc? If so I may be. Tell me more Wink
oopy
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Fri, 23 May 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup
threaded and from the current model celica

pics can be found here:
http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup /Celica/interior/index.html
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Fri, 23 May 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude,

I'm interested.

Where are you ?

Cheers
T.
oopy
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Fri, 23 May 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys
Im in Perth

accepting offers at the moment
just pm me

cheers
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Sun, 25 May 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was interested, until i read the thread. LOL. I think the autobarn idea is cheaper.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Mon, 26 May 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going, Going... (*bang*) GONE!! Cool

Congrats JZZ30MAN, the proud owner of a new TRD leather gearknob. Very Happy Hope it went well on it's first outing with ALSC, down the south coast - some very nice Soarer's there on the day, and even the organiser of GLO was there too.

Who drives AAH-51K ?? They were there too, but I still don't know who it is driving it. They were at the Kurnell Cruise too, next to OOH-51K (great combo) Laughing
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: TRD Leather Gearknob (pic attached) Mon, 26 May 2003 23:13 Go to previous message
Bigfella,
Thye gear knob is great thanks. Actually makes changing gears a little easier. I suppose TRD put some thought into shape and functionality.
The ALSC Cruise was pretty good actually. It wasn't my first. There was a good turnout at Stanwell Tops. There were 41 Soarers plus a couple of Nismo things, not sure who makes those cars, didn't realise there was another brand, other than Toyota.
Bit of a shame about the rain as we didn't get to do the windy mountain drive. It could have turned out a bit dangerous.
Thanks again for the gear knob.
Hope all goes well with the RAV Project.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stuff forsale
Next Topic:ta22 parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 03:41:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083019733428955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.