Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please) Sun, 25 May 2003 02:28 Go to next message
Hey Guys.

After looking at the 1cm thick (cough cough) swaybar on the back and considering I got a gift of a thick as swaybar with my front cut I want to upgrade the rear, Now the only unit I can source is a whiteline one in australia, I dont really want to bother with overseas stuff, tedious and unreliable etc etc...Three questions.
1: Will upgarding the rear swaybar make a lot of difference? If so where? corners? Accel or decel through corners?
2: Anyone used whiteline at all? Can anyone offer any advice I might need to consider with the upgrade?
3: The swaybar in question is specified for 89-90 MX83. Does anyone know if there is a difference between these and the 91 models of cressida?

Thanks for your help guys!.
Farran.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 May 2003 02:30]

Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please) Sun, 25 May 2003 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Upgrading will always help - the quicker you can ditch the stocky coathangers, the better!

2. I've generally been pretty happy with whiteline

3. Can't see if being an issue... make sure you ask though
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please) Sun, 25 May 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, well the car was completely different on steering and handling from the front swaybar upgrade, Now it's almost a tad to stiff, but i like it, feels more like a go kart than a sloppy sedan! Smile Little bit of understeer and a throttle control oversteer can make for some extra skill training when it's wet...She's a delicate girl!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please) Mon, 26 May 2003 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be aware that an excessively stiff rear swaybar will make your car very tail-happy and skittish. I imagine a bigger swaybar will be an improvement over the stock one, but don't go overboard!
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please) Mon, 26 May 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've used Whiteline exclusive over the last couple of years for my suspension upgrades, to the point now where the only part of my suspension not modified by them is the front swaybar.
They are very helpful, but its best to take the car there to discuss what you want.
They'll ask you how drive, how you want to drive, what else you want to upgrade later, & they can see what's already on the car.

I've got a 20mm adjustable bar on the back of my FWD, but they handle differently.
I know a guy who used to have an EL XR8 with Whiteline 26mm front bar & 22mm rear.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please) Wed, 28 May 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a pedders suspension item on my car, very happy with it, corners much better, but i also have good suspension all round. ring my pedders store and ask for Jeff 0249 421143 and ask him for the part number then ring your nearest pedders store and they can order it.

from memory it was about 160 - 195 dollars.

frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: Whiteline Cressida Swaybar (Suspension Gurus Help Please) Wed, 28 May 2003 06:47 Go to previous message
Well she's pretty tail happy as it is, and i'm looking to buy thick wheels for the back, basically I want some nice stiffness round corners. I think i'm doing the right thing. I'll keep the old one anyway, there's nothing to cut to put it in...is there?
Thanks for the posts guys.

I find that pedders overcharge a bit. I'm tempted to get it straight from whiteline.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4.0litre straight 6 with ct20 strapped on its side?
Next Topic:What Box? TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 22:54:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038580894470215 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.