Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
"Old School Observation" Fri, 16 May 2003 08:32 Go to next message
Probably inappropriate here, but I'll relate it anyway...

Was at a diff place to get the LSD hemisphere from one diff swapped over to my other diff (there was some bearing noise in the LSD and I didn't want to sell the car with that there).

Anyway, in my discussions with the bloke out there, I noticed a silver XD Falcon sitting in the workshop, with a nice set of 16" Simmons rims (rears must have been running 265/275 tyres!) on lowered suspension...I thought "Looks alright". I asked the bloke what's in it? (I'm thinking mild 351 or something like that), and he says "Pretty much fully-worked 460!!! Shocked

I know they're old and crusty, but geez...I had a look at this thing squeezed in there and I must say, it looked VERY nice!

(BTW, the car had dust all over it and I asked what was wrong with it. The bloke tells me "Oh, they blew up the clutch" With that thing in front of it, I'm not surprised!)
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: "Old School Observation" Fri, 16 May 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to school with a guy that has an XB coupe with a 460

that thing was a beast..

its like a really nice blue colour with the number plates XB 460

i loved it! Cool
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: "Old School Observation" Wed, 21 May 2003 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a guy that owns a XA 2 door coupe, with a 460 in it, 335/30's on the rear end, with locked 9inch diff.
justin
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: "Old School Observation" Wed, 21 May 2003 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a guy....

....wait

wait....

no, better not Laughing

cheers
ed
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: "Old School Observation" Wed, 21 May 2003 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VERY FUNNY
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: "Old School Observation" Thu, 22 May 2003 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe

The biggest i have ever been behind the wheel of was a race boat, birdge to bridge, and it had a 465 BB in it. Ohhh baby!!!
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: "Old School Observation" Thu, 22 May 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not trying to compare or anything.....
30 seat twin engined turbo prop aircraft with 1100 shaft horse power a side.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: "Old School Observation" Thu, 22 May 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to race an old Buick coupe '72 model.
Weighed in at 1970kg less driver and turned 12.8 @ 105mph.

Once you have experienced big block power, you never forget it.

I have been in several BB powered vehicles. One of the most exciting was a 454 LS6 powered Camaro. Car ran 12.0 @ 118mph on street tyres (shifting top gear as it crossed the line).

Big Block turbo? Now I'd like to try that!

Daniel, going fast in boats is the most esciting form of speed that I have experienced 85MPH is the quickest that I have been there though.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: "Old School Observation" Thu, 22 May 2003 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jas,
'Apparently' I was doin close on 100MPH with the prop that was on it... Didn't really feel like 160 clicks though, but never usually feels as if you are going so fast when looking at the shore going past... BUT the wind in my eyes, no glasses, sunnies or goggles on, it felt like 300km/h !! Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: "Old School Observation" Thu, 22 May 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a Stroked + worked 351 fairlane Marquis being built up before i had the ta22 - handled like absolute mud , but MMM torque that could literally pull stumps out Wink

Big blocks are funfunfun if you can afford to feed them , and in all classic old school lovingness there isnt many cars that look " tougher " than a worked falcon coupe . They just have that " i have a phat ass and CAN move it baybee! " thing about them and the front has a " dont f*%K with me " look to it Smile

if it wasnt for power restrictions laws being passed in victoria - id probably be driving one of these and complaining about you guys in " rice rockets " Evil or Very Mad Had to sell the fairlane - in favour of the then timid ta22

Thanks Jeff (kennet)! for putting me on the "right" course Wink

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: "Old School Observation" Fri, 23 May 2003 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was having a laugh with my wife last night about one of the (many) things I'd do if I had unlimited funds...

I would grab a "fully-specced" HZ Premier Wagon (one with the power-windows A/C etc), Paint it black, drop it on some proper suspension/rims etc and drop in a...502CID V8 Shocked Shocked

(They sell these, complete with 4-bolt mains, forged steel cranks and forged pistons etc in the "Parts Peddler" mag - 450hp/500 ft lbs of torque!!! - and that's stock!)

Hmmmm...Tow Car!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: "Old School Observation" Fri, 23 May 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh YEAH
and just to add to it, the compulsary pulley hanging out the bonnet!
that oughta crank it up to at least 700bhp

I love dreaming about waht I'd do with unlimited funds .... one of them would be to buy a large underground carpark to house my many cars Smile
FaT_RollA
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: "Old School Observation" Mon, 26 May 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont care what anyone says but u cant beat the sound of a worked v8 with a big cam/crank package and having the 'zorst' dumping down in front of the diff... that crackly rumble where u can almost hear the pistons go up and down in time, makes me go Shocked

a bloke down the road from where i work in narellan industrial area has a 500 hp 351 sigma... this sounds fucking awesome and goes as hard as it sounds.. he was practicing his starts on sat arvo... pulled up out the front of my joint took off and still had it spinning in 4th,200 metres down the road ! Shocked Laughing
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Re: "Old School Observation" Tue, 27 May 2003 04:47 Go to previous message
Most psycho one ive heard of is an offroad truggie (half desert truck half buggy) with a 7ltr twin turbo!

Insanity will take its toll. Please have exact change.

EDIT - it was in the states, not aus.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 May 2003 04:50]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:whtas do you make of this
Next Topic:Flashing Buses and 40 km/h rule
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:49:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052928924560547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.