Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGE ECU's 40 pin MCU OEM partnumber.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Autoserve
Newcomer

May 2003
4AGE ECU's 40 pin MCU OEM partnumber. Tue, 27 May 2003 17:38 Go to next message
Hi,

I am working on 16V JDM 4AGE ECU. I would like to build my own ROM board. Can anyone direct me to the correct 40 pin MCU OEM part number(not Nippon Denso part number). Just tell me what type of MCU it is like 8051, Z80, 6502, 6800 etc....

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Mos
Occasional Poster

Toymods IT Secretary

June 2002
Re: 4AGE ECU's 40 pin MCU OEM partnumber. Wed, 28 May 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

There was a discussion on this topic some time ago on the diy-efi mailing list. A guy in the US was involved in reverse engineering factory ecus for upgrade purposes. He stated that a large number of oem ecus use interestingly packaged micros. IIRC toyota uses hitachi internals, but not connected in any standard form. For instance the internals might be rotated 90 degrees wrt the case, so none of the pins match anything that you could find off the shelf.

Someone on that list wanted to do exactly what you're trying to do and I believe they abandonned their pursuit. You can try to work out what micro it could be by finding out which pins do what, like oscillator, analogue inputs, digital i/o, etc, and try to match it to something off the shelf. You probably don't need to know what it is as long as you can replace all the functions, probably with some sort of adaptor to go into the 40 pin space.

Anyway, good luck and let us know what you find.
Mos.
Autoserve
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: 4AGE ECU's 40 pin MCU OEM partnumber. Thu, 29 May 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mos,

Thanks for your help. We worked on Mazda RX7 ECU with Hitachi internal b4, the Hitachi HD6303 is just a Motorola MC6803. We have seems a lot Japanese tuned Toyota ECU with new 40 pin MCU burned with cool racing programs. One of the Local Malaysian Tuning shop can now program these MCU. This mean the Toyota 40 pin MCU must be a very common off the shelf stuff. The Racing MCU is direct replacement of the stock MCU. No adapter or converter needed. We have seem a Thailand Tuning company which have work on Toyota since 1995 tuning and writing software on their own.

Bottom line it is just a well keep secret not anything special so if anyone have any info please share it so that the Toyota community can have a fully programmable stock ECU. I will share my circuit diagram and other info. Very Happy

Autoserve
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: 4AGE ECU's 40 pin MCU OEM partnumber. Tue, 01 July 2003 19:47 Go to previous message
We have matched the Toyota MCU to MC68701 MCU. We are working on the ROM board next. So we finally can chip and tune 4AGE and other Toyota ECUs.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:where to get plates for turbo manifold.
Next Topic:Mr2 Gearbox/Diff Noise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:09:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043861865997314 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.