Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » NEW COROLLA PRICE!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 00:48 Go to next message
All,

Here is a site that tells us that the new Corolla Sportivo will be going on sale for ..

wait for it...

wait for it....

$29.990 + ORC's.

This is a bragan for 141KW, 6speed

http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_/showall_/id_TOY/d oc_toy0305211/cms/news/newsarticle.html
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Thu, 22 May 2003 10:48

$29.990 + ORC's.

This is a bragan for 141KW, 6speed

*cough*

TA22 with engine conversion of your choice
RA23 with engine conversion of your choice
RA40 with engine conversion of your choice
RA60 with engine conversion of your choice
MA61 with engine conversion of your choice
MA70 with engine conversion of your choice
AE86 with engine conversion of your choice
MX83 with engine conversion of your choice
MS55 with engine conversion of your choice
AE92 with engine conversion of your choice
KE25 with engine conversion of your choice
KE30 with engine conversion of your choice
JZZ30 with engine conversion of your choice
RT132 with engine conversion of your choice
ST162 with engine conversion of your choice
MX10 with engine conversion of your choice

*cough*

Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but rob - its new, shiny, plasticy and stuff.....

honestly - think about that in 5-10 years time!! It'll be one of the MOST SOUGHT AFTER hot hatches around! Shocked

Thats going down on the list of future 2nd handers!

*only the bastards forgot the most important (and sexiest) part!

ITS NOT A 2 DOOR! Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 22 May 2003 02:33]

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
**cough** GF doesnt know shit about cars ***cough*** whats a new car ***cough*** I want a car i can drive while Supra is at home***

:D:)
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you guys need some vicks vapor rubs or something... That cough is sounding mighty horrible! Razz
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about time toyota got back in the competion with there hatches(in Aus not imports)... with this one they have screwed everyone in the hatch department go toyota.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's awesome! Giving the Renault Clio a nice rodgering with that price. Can't wait to see how the press respond to it when they test drive it!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad ...

Dear Ben,

Thank you for your e-mail received by the Toyota Customer Relations
Department.

The Corolla Sportivo will only be available in the 4 Door hatch in
Australia. Unfortunatly the 2 Door is
only available in Europe.

Regards,

Wayne Pickering
Toyota Customer Relations
Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited

Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad ...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And still not a 2 door ..

they just wont learn will they !

i Hope the celica or supra replacment has something better to offer - or im just gunna give up on post 1998 toytotas

Australias current lineup is about as hot as a pie at the footy ..* brrrrr *
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regardless of whether it's tudor or not, they still look pretty nice and will no doubt sell well at that price. in comparison to other things in it's class, you seem to get alot for the money.. 6 speed gearbox & also leather interior if i recall correctly?

has anyone actually DRIVEN the 2ZZGE though? It has a lot of power on paper, but doesn't peak torque come in at something like 6,800 rpm and peak power about another grand over that?

Any idea what it's like lower in the rev range?

I can't imagine the 4 door Corolla will be much lighter than the current model Celica, so it would be interesting to see if the engine can give it much motivation for general (ie. not revving the tits off it) driving..
Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who are they aiming the 4 door at??

Soccer-mom's??? Nuns for their day out from the Convent???

Release the 2 door version in Australia I say.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new corolla wieghs a tad over 1200kg's, dunno what the celica is at
binny
Regular

March 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read a review in a pommy mag last year about the t-sport(pommy version of sportivo, 2 door). They had it as a long term test car and said although it had a good top end rush, it was a pig to drive around normally 'cause it had no torque down low. They preferred to drive the 1zz 1.8 powered 'rolla due to the superior bottom end torque and throttle response. Note, the bottom of the range 'rolla over there has a 1.4 in it, so we are lucky to get such a good engine standard across the range. I would prefer a turbo astra due to the incredible drivability a modern turbo car has. (250 nm torque from 1950rpm). It may only have 6kw more but would feel and go a heap better than the sportivo, and have more improvement potential.
The only factor would be price. If the sportivo does come in below 30k, it will be about 7g's cheaper than the astra and st170, which will make it much more appealing.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - Astra SRi turbo is a LOT more enticing power-wise..

BUT - isn't the SRi going to be priced in the 40-45K bracket? That's a BIG difference in price.
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 22 May 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to camp out at Toyota, anyone wanna join me???
I think I do want one!!!!!!!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Fri, 23 May 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Astra and Focus are both around the $37k range. Just read it in Motor.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Fri, 23 May 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$37k?
you can have yourself a nice 6-speed TT supra (2nd hand) for that price!

but I guess there are some silly people out there who think a 2 door 220+kw car is impractical Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Fri, 23 May 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 23 May 2003 14:33

$37k?
you can have yourself a nice 6-speed TT supra (2nd hand) for that price!

That's the exact same thing I said to a friend of mine. Very Happy
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Fri, 23 May 2003 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah! new cars are poo

bring on old school! Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Fri, 23 May 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
29K for a supra TT - or a Corolla Trollieo ?

* weighs up *

jap supercar orrr practical shopper with sporty go faster bodykit ....

This is a Hard one ..
Rolling Eyes

I just cant decide !!
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sat, 24 May 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So can I, the Rolla Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont make me bitch slap you!
I'm very antsy after 2 hours of pulling wiring out of my car Confused
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha... I'd rather a new car over 2nd hand any day... And I don't think the price for the 6speed is that bad when it's compared to the other new Rolla lineup... The most expensive Rolla is one of the feature packed wagons... The six speed Rolla is not the most expensive which is surprising and at least the price is no where near the AE112 7AFTE Sportivo...
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will the new corolla's hav LSD????
And IRS???

If not add that to the petition!!!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think they will have an LSD and I assume the rear suspension will be the same as the Corollas now... Oh well... They are still okay and have a pretty good ride... Just drop it, add a rear swaybar and have fun Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Again I am in agreement with you Rolla Boy. But you did forget to add about the 18" babies that have to be fitted Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We are always in agreement... Must be because we have the best cars of the toyota lineup *Starts WW3 again*... LOL...

18's would be legal on the new Corolla too... There's another added bonus... Or you can just swap the tyre placards over to the normal Corolla and legally have 18's aswell Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 25 May 2003 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even though its a sick car, The new astra has killed the corollas debut!!
Its 1.8 turbo makes around the same (147Kw)
But its also got 250 Nm or Torque instead of the 180 that of the corolla!
I think Australian Toyota groups need to do the rsearch and create an absolute monster! Twisted Evil thats for the so called designers!
I myself would be turbo charging a new designed KE20-20valve!
but thats me! Laughing Laughing Laughing
M Spec
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'v had my 7th gen. Celica for just over 3 years. From my experience, the 2ZZ-GE is the modern cousin of the 4AGE. It's feels slightly slugish when driven sedately around in normal traffic. Sit in 5th at 60km/h @2500rpm or 4th at 3000rpm.
But that's the trade off for something that is begged to be reved when driven hard. I'm a fan of high reving NA Japanese engines.

The engine really starts to feel responsive from about 3500-4000rpm. Hits 2nd cam profile at 6000rpm and cuts out at 8300rpm (in my case 8500rpm). The 6 speed close ratio gearbox is a treat, bit notcy when cold but fine when car is warmed up.

I think Toyota hit the right mark with this model Corolla. Just right for young guys who want a four door with a bit of go but can't afford a WRX or the insurance premium that comes attached with it. It's pracitcal, hold it's resale value well, high quality Japanese engineering and has the turn inidcator stalk in the right hand side as well (thing that bugs me the most about driving European cars).
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soon I'll be able to take one for a thrashing and see what it goes like... Might just have to let the gearbox warm up a bit first...

M Spec, I think you've hit the mark about the insurance comments... You're exatly right in the fact that no normal teenager can afford a WRX without having help from mummy and daddy or without being a dealer...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFL - Show me a normal teenager that can afford a $30K car! Razz

Actually, I'd be interested to see what insurance will be like on the new Sportivo.. Insurance companies have a nasty habit of charging high amounts for any small hatches that develop their power at high revs.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It goes really good. Insurance is costing my GF about $1500, shes 22, in Sydneys west.

Lucid, you think only Teenagers like mofied cars? Rolling Eyes
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Mon, 26 May 2003 13:58

Lucid, you think only Teenagers like mofied cars? Rolling Eyes

Nope, I don't - My comment was directed at:
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 26 May 2003 13:21

M Spec, I think you've hit the mark about the insurance comments... You're exatly right in the fact that no normal teenager can afford a WRX without having help from mummy and daddy or without being a dealer...

Insurance sounds fairly promising at that price though.. Is it OK to ask what general area of the west she's in? Most companies would charge me at least that much for my AE92 GTi!! (stopped paying full comp. a couple of years ago now!)
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh, ok, sorry bout that Lucid. Yeah she lives in Wetherill Park...so insurance is an issue.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 25 May 2003 11:08

So can I, the Rolla Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

Ben, you make me sick... Freak

MRNOVA wrote on Mon, 26 May 2003 02:42

Even though its a sick car, The new astra has killed the corollas debut!!
Its 1.8 turbo makes around the same (147Kw)
But its also got 250 Nm or Torque instead of the 180 that of the corolla!

Not to mention costing 27% more. Rolling Eyes
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the engine code for the new rolla ?

Ta
Mani

2zz-fe or something like that right ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New Corolla has a 1ZZFE, the Sportivo version has the 2ZZGE from the Celica.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a friend of mine bought a mk4 6-speed tt supra at the age of 21 Smile

and owned a tt 300zx for a year before that

[Updated on: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:50]

Fat_KE70
Regular

October 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 26 May 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the new astra turbos are a two litre thats where alot of the extra torque will come from.
atm even the n/a 1.8 astra goes harder than any 4ag ive driven, even the autos whip a v6 dunnydore. the current sri 2 litre goes even better and the gearbox is really short on its throw and real smooth. i cant wait to drive the turbo one. but i can see holden(for once in its life) winning the 4 cyl hatch battle.
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Tue, 27 May 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.8 Auto astra beating a V6 Bommodore? Rolling Eyes

Hmmmmm, do you mean VN or VY......?

Its just that Im having trouble picturing it if it was a VT-VX or VY

VN? Well anythings faster than a VN! Laughing

There all crap though!

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Tue, 27 May 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fat_KE70 wrote on Mon, 26 May 2003 21:05

the new astra turbos are a two litre thats where alot of the extra torque will come from.
atm even the n/a 1.8 astra goes harder than any 4ag ive driven, even the autos whip a v6 dunnydore. the current sri 2 litre goes even better and the gearbox is really short on its throw and real smooth. i cant wait to drive the turbo one. but i can see holden(for once in its life) winning the 4 cyl hatch battle.

My cuz just bought a 2.2 Astra Convertible, it didnt go as hard as even a VN commodore! I have driven a 1.8 Astra Auto, and I rekon my Dads SV21 Manual camry will beat it Rolling Eyes
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Tue, 27 May 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 27 May 2003 15:46

My cuz just bought a 2.2 Astra Convertible, it didnt go as hard as even a VN commodore! I have driven a 1.8 Astra Auto, and I rekon my Dads SV21 Manual camry will beat it Rolling Eyes

Umm, the convertible is actually heaps heavier...

As for the 1.8 auto, have you done the intake de-restriction mod? that'll free things up... as for beating a SV21... Hmm, with enough clutch slip you might since the auto does bog it down a bit, but point it up a hill, the Astra will win out without downshifting. This is from owning both these cars.

http://groups.msn.com/opelaustralia/derestrictairb ox.msnw

That's the link on how to de-restrict the airbox.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Tue, 27 May 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the new atm even the n/a 1.8 astra goes harder than any 4ag ive driven, even the autos whip a v6 dunnydore.

I'd like to see that but I don't think it can happen. The Z18XE1 doesn't like to rev all the way to 6500.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Tue, 27 May 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 25 May 2003 11:58

Hahaha... I'd rather a new car over 2nd hand any day...

That's until new car depreciation hits you ... HARD...

There is a '99 (comp 2/03) Supra SZ non turbo, auto, very stocky, and done 22000km on the clock at work that's up on the auction.... looking from the outside, it doesn't have any scratches or faded paint or anything though the headlights look a bit dull... they're asking about low $20k or there abouts.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:24]

rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Tue, 27 May 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
News cars are a waste of money (unless of course you have lots of it, it probably wouldnt worry you) Cool

If you really want a brand spanker, just wait a 1 or 2 yrs then make your purchase, so that the poor sod who bought it new has copped the depreiation Mad , and you end up with a sort of new /used car. Very Happy

Fat_KE70
Regular

October 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Wed, 28 May 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well all of the cars i was talking about are stock cars... the astra, although it dont rev as nice as any 4ag, has shiteloads more torque and just as much power so by the time the 4ag has started to come on song the astra is already away. remember im only talking about stock engines here.

Dont get me wrong toyotas are my fav make of car(aside from cars with a wankel engine Very Happy ) but just from driving new astras on a daily basis i think they are a better packagealthough i havent driven any rolla later than a 98 model.
binny
Regular

March 2003
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Wed, 28 May 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The astra was the best car in its class until the vvti corolla came out and knocked it off its perch, in specs and sales. The new corolla is now the third highest selling car after commodore and falcon. I hear what you are saying about superior torque. The 1zz, being a new tech engine is superior to the 4age in my opinion (I owned a '90 sx previously, my wife now has a new corolla) It has the same horsepower at lower revs, bags more torque, and due to the vvti, far superior bottom end torque and throttle response, all on standard unleaded. Although my wifes car weighs the same as he sx did and has the same power, it feels heaps gruntier, especially around town and isn't affected by the aircon. Don't get me wrong, I loved the sx, it was a great car and I thoroghly enjoyed wringing its neck, but you had to to move at any decent pace. But the 4age is getting old now and there are more high tech engines getting around these days.
The only complaint I would have about the 1zz is that it feels a bit flat when you rev it out but that is due to its flat torque curve and the fact its already pulling pretty hard down low, unlike the 4age which has a definite topend surge.
Now to get a test drive of a sportivo........
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Wed, 28 May 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fat_KE70 wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 21:29

Well all of the cars i was talking about are stock cars... the astra, although it dont rev as nice as any 4ag, has shiteloads more torque and just as much power so by the time the 4ag has started to come on song the astra is already away. remember im only talking about stock engines here.

Dont get me wrong toyotas are my fav make of car(aside from cars with a wankel engine Very Happy ) but just from driving new astras on a daily basis i think they are a better packagealthough i havent driven any rolla later than a 98 model.

I know what you mean.. I haven't driven a 1ZZ Corolla as yet but maybe I will later on so I can't comment on how much torque it has compared to an Astra.

Anyway, with my slushbox Astra, I can still climb up decent hills in 4th and locked torque converter at 1500rpm and still be happy pulling. This is with just the "free" airbox mod (i.e. pulling out some pipes) and Ultimate 98 that I normally run.

When I got my Astra, the 1ZZ Corollas came on the scene but the sales guy at Chatswood Toyota could only tell me it was a 100kW engine.. but nothing about other specs like torque or what revs the peak power was achieved at claiming that's all the info they were given plus the shape has never been seen b4 etc etc which only differed by the headlights... although it was released in Asia 10 months before (when I returned to HK) it wasn't "new" to me to see the shape anyway. Also the fact that they wanted me to try the AE112R Corolla on their chosen route wasn't what I wanted to try. Definite shopping trolley and my verdict to the sales guy was very truthful but blunt. He didn't take it nicely though... but what do u expect from an Ascent model?

After that, I said to myself, "Sorry Toyoda-san, your products in Australia are boring & uninspiring... thus I will buy elsewhere"... after 11 yrs in a Camry, I know what whitegoods on wheels really means.

Plus I know from experience that any new model onto the market will always carry some inherent teething problems so I wasn't going to be the sucker that buys a car that someone at the factory isn't 100% on building. Plus I didn't want to drive a car where I had to put springs, shocks etc just to make it handle (though it's ironic that I did slap on Eibachs on my Astra but purely coz of the price I got it at).

But at the end of it all, both cars are a great buy... so you really can't go wrong with either or them. Both have their ups and downs...

[Updated on: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:49]

jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 01 June 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drove the corolla yesterday and pretty much ordered one on the spot.

So there's an MR2 turbo for sale if anyones interested.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 01 June 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd rather a Rolla over an MR2 Turbo??? It must be good then...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 01 June 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now THIS is a corolla worth having - not these pee-weak excuses for " hot hatches " we keep getting in Oz

http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcarsmain.htm

http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcarsfiles/runx.jpg3sgt3 Celica Gt4 powered corolla that looks Horn

Now why cant WE get the RunX ??

jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sun, 01 June 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummmm, no rather isn't the right word.

Barable compromise is probably the best one - not that the corolla's not a great car.

I already know I will regret selling the MR2.

Lease figures for me on the Corolla are excellent (and lease inclusive of insurance price compared to just the insurance price of the mr2 are suprisingly close.....before the tax benefits.)

And before anyone guesses or thinks they know what it will go like.......I suggest they drive it, because it's quite different to how I expected it'd be.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 02 June 2003 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 01 June 2003 19:26

Now why cant WE get the RunX ??

The Runx is a Corolla with a 2ZZGE (as well as the 1ZZFE).
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Mon, 02 June 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is an awesome website man... Awesome conversions there...

But the Runx happens to be a 1.5L Auto when they got it Laughing Laughing Laughing ... Now it's a 2L 3SGTE out of an ST205... 4WD Rolla - Give me a "HELL YEAH!!!"
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Thu, 05 June 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got mine yesterday.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: NEW COROLLA PRICE!!! Sat, 07 June 2003 07:49 Go to previous message
Thats awesome Jase... So you getting used to it now??? What cars have you chopped so far Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:V8s in Homebush
Next Topic:OMG look at this
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 21:13:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092740058898926 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.