Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 10:07 Go to next message
I am thinking about putting a v8 into my sa63 celica. Does anyone know how hard it would be. i know someone with one in there hilux. How hard do u reckon it would be
  Send a private message to this user    
Muriel
Occasional Poster

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recommend talking to an Engineer first to find out what you have to do as it might not be legal..

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recommend hiding before a whole lot of people start giving you some shit Confused
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recommend i stay quiet Rolling Eyes
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but seriously, refer to reply #1...

no point wasting your time debating somthing if its not even legal...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It all depends on what KIND of V8 as to how much abuse you'll recieve from the less well mannered that reside amongst here Shocked Say 'chev' or 'ford', and you'd best order a bomb shelter to hide from the grenades that shall be tossed your way...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you say 1uz people will think your a legend ..

nods to point one - Check engineer first - then proceed !

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And in the unlikely event of you uttering the words 3UZFE, you're going to need a drool shelter Very Happy
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 27 May 2003 22:43

And in the unlikely event of you uttering the words 3UZFE, you're going to need a drool shelter Very Happy

...and a truck-load of money!

Now, if you say "1GZ-FE" you'll be my new best friend!!! Laughing
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Tue, 27 May 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did go to the engineer to ask about V8's(among other things) into the SA63 i have.

A 1uzfe will fit. but are extremly rare to find in wrecked manual form. easy enough to fit apparently and could be done for around 6K (quote) including engineering in auto form and about 10 - 12K in manual form.

A 5 litre commodore V8 will fit and can be done for about 5K for manual.
same for a ford i would imagine but i didn't get a quote for that.

a GEN3 V8 would cause problems with the steering among other things and the engine isn't that great anyway

i've researched quite a few options and am going to put a 1ggte in my car because its been done and is a fairly straight forward process compared to other swaps.

hope this helps
mat
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GZ-FE is hardly a V8 now is it? Razz I was thinking it though Nod

1UZFE is REALLY rare in manual, actually, thats non-existant, because they all came with auto's. There are numerous kits to convert them to manual though, its like $1000 worth of parts. Weighs about the same as the 1GGTE too.

Having an iron V8 over the front of your wheels I'd say would be one of the WORST things you could do for handling, only do that if you drive in straight lines.

The Gen3 is NOT a good engine until you throw some money at it. It has problems with pistons slapping against the side of the cylinders. Anything that's "normal" to use 5+ litres of oil between services is something I'd wanna avoid.

A 1GGTE would make sense bang/buck, but the 1UZ would be nice Smile
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thaught that some soarers (2-5%) came with a manual 1UZFE setup. ahh well theyre even rarer than i thaught. the extra price i quoted was to put a celica/supra box behind the engine with a different computer as the standard computer would be for an auto or something like that.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About 5% of the 1JZGTE Soarers were manual, but none of the V8's.
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh thats where i went wrong. thanks for the correction justcallmefrank.
a 1jzgte is also an option. a guy in queensland had it done.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 10:23

1GZ-FE is hardly a V8 now is it? Razz I was thinking it though Nod

*laughs* True, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway. It may surprise you to know that there isn't that much difference between the prices of the two units. (If you're thinking $30K for each you *may* get some change...)

Anyway, what's a litre and 4 cylinders between friends??? Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You mean between the 1GZFE and the 3UZFE? Is the 3UZFE really that expensive?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 12:23

i would say so, the 3UZ was only released a year or two ago with the soarer (or SC430) and LS430

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Tue, 27 May 2003 20:55

It all depends on what KIND of V8 as to how much abuse you'll recieve from the less well mannered that reside amongst here ...

It's also polite to listen and take heed of any 'advice' proferred.
For example, some of you might remember something like this *:

Jonno MA71: I wanna put a Keith Black 350 in my MA71. I wanna run it with 1969 specs and it will put out over 600 hp.

Helpful poster 1: You might want to check the legality of that capacity engine in that vehicle with the relevant authorities in your state. You certainly won't get it engineered if it isn't meeting emissions...

Helpful poster 2: Why not an LS1? It will meet all the emissions requirements and it has an all alloy construction...just have to check with the relevant authorities regarding capacity.

Biased but helpful poster 3: LS1s are rattly, oil burning wrecks. Just drop a 1UZ in there. They rock.

Jonno MA71: Nah, piss off with all that shit. I want my 350. Will the Getrag R154 be OK or should I run a Borg Warner 4 speed from a Corona or a Top Loader? I have access to a Dana 11" truck diff. Does anyone make a kit for these? I don't want to drag race it, except when I'm drag racing, which will be every weekend....

Repeat above for about 4 or 5 pages, repeat the same theme in other inane threads and soon helpful posters 1,2 and 3 might start to post stuff about antimatter propulsion units. 'Relatives' of the original poster might 'pop up'.

Pick a light V8 that complies with your state's requirements. Good luck with your conversion.

*The names have barely been changed so the guilty are not really protected.

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 15:21

mrshin wrote on Tue, 27 May 2003 20:55

It all depends on what KIND of V8 as to how much abuse you'll recieve from the less well mannered that reside amongst here ...

It's also polite to listen and take heed of any 'advice' proferred.
For example, some of you might remember something like this *:

Jonno MA71: I wanna put a Keith Black 350 in my MA71. I wanna run it with 1969 specs and it will put out over 600 hp.

Helpful poster 1: You might want to check the legality of that capacity engine in that vehicle with the relevant authorities in your state. You certainly won't get it engineered if it isn't meeting emissions...

Helpful poster 2: Why not an LS1? It will meet all the emissions requirements and it has an all alloy construction...just have to check with the relevant authorities regarding capacity.

Biased but helpful poster 3: LS1s are rattly, oil burning wrecks. Just drop a 1UZ in there. They rock.

Jonno MA71: Nah, piss off with all that shit. I want my 350. Will the Getrag R154 be OK or should I run a Borg Warner 4 speed from a Corona or a Top Loader? I have access to a Dana 11" truck diff. Does anyone make a kit for these? I don't want to drag race it, except when I'm drag racing, which will be every weekend....

Repeat above for about 4 or 5 pages, repeat the same theme in other inane threads and soon helpful posters 1,2 and 3 might start to post stuff about antimatter propulsion units. 'Relatives' of the original poster might 'pop up'.

Pick a light V8 that complies with your state's requirements. Good luck with your conversion.

*The names have barely been changed so the guilty are not really protected.

ROFLMFAO.... Laughing

*Note to GT - Please preface such posts in future with the words "Do not read this at work, as you will make a twat of yourself laughing on the floor..."*
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 12:23

I confess, the only one I've ever heard of for sale was sitting on the docks in it's factory wrapping (ie. brand new) for around $25K...Now that I think of it, the 1GZ price I "came across" (in a figurative sense! Laughing) was around $35K?? Something like that, anyway. Hell, cheap at twice the price! Wink
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

The "Golden 3 Weeks" of Toymods.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold dave, gold....
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with biased GT... although I'm lucky enough not to have any witnesses to me laughing till I choke Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd go the 1uz
if you could see the 1jz in my ma61 supra engine bay, then imagine that engine bay a few inches shorter, you'll get the idea of how difficult the jz will be into an sa63
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT: gold!! Very Happy

I like the idea of a 1UZ in an SA63. I can't see why it wouldn't fit, and it's not excessively heavy. They're also good value at the moment; I've seen front cuts advertised for $2200 recently.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It should fit, its probably if anything a tad shorter than a 1GGTE, and by all accounts its only a smidge heavier. Gotta love all-alloy construction.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Wed, 28 May 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 18:06

GT: gold!! Very Happy

I like the idea of a 1UZ in an SA63. I can't see why it wouldn't fit, and it's not excessively heavy. They're also good value at the moment; I've seen front cuts advertised for $2200 recently.

$2200?!?!? Get me TWO!!!! Shocked

Got names/phone numbers of the guilty parties?
Turner
Newcomer

December 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know of a man who put a 4. something litre lexus twin turbo V8 in his 1975 celica, but spare about 20 to 30 grand for the project
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Nark wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 18:33]
Norbie wrote on Wed, 28 May 2003 18:06

$2200?!?!? Get me TWO!!!! Shocked

Got names/phone numbers of the guilty parties?

Looks like the price has gone up: $2400.

http://www.japparts.com.au/products/stock-arriving .html
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'poster' wrote on Fri, 30 May 2003 12:13

I know of a man who put a 4. something litre lexus twin turbo V8 in his 1975 celica, but spare about 20 to 30 grand for the project

<sarchasm>Who would hear of such a man?? Most of us toymodders are do-it-yourself cheap bastards. 20-30 grand is out of most of our price ranges.</sarchasm>

Not intended to hurt original poster, for humour purposes only.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.japparts.com.au/images/1uz.jpg
Looks exactly like mine - I paid $2500. Thanks Andrew V from Central Vic Auto Parts! Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its even got the black plastic bit that covers the leads that switch banks. Very rare! Shocked

Looks like it says V6 but we all know what it REALY is Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW Dave!! awesome photoshop job! i like how u dumped it on 10 inch steelies, chopped the top, and have the bonnet come up like that!!!

PIMPIN' BRO!

Laughing Cool Shocked Very Happy Twisted Evil
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh....the memories of what it USED to look like. Smile

here's one from the other side after just being pulled off the trailer that you can see in the bottom of the pic.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/aaron83/emhc/clubcars/Aaron/arrived.jpg

then....after taking a few things off...
http://home.iprimus.com.au/aaron83/emhc/clubcars/Aaron/April23_Crown_engine.jpg

and then...the fun begins!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/aaron83/emhc/clubcars/Aaron/4_engine_on_crane.jpg
Buzz_2jz
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Fri, 30 May 2003 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow,, nice score fastj,,, whats the project?

here`s some insperation "Gallery 6" Picture 5
http://www.classic-celica.nl/indexie.html

[Updated on: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:43]

thefastj
Regular

January 2003
Re: v8 engine into a sa63 celica Sat, 31 May 2003 13:04 Go to previous message
see this site for my build:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/aaron83/emhc/

click "club cars" then "Aaron's project"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fuel cut
Next Topic:Who can do GZE wiring for $$$ ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:52:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078909397125244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.