Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celica_freak
Regular

May 2002

info plz Fri, 30 May 2003 14:29 Go to next message
hi all im considering putting a 2jzgte in a torry because ive had the car as long as ive had the celica and found toyota to be very reliable and tough ,so ill have the best of both worlds .
so i would like any info on a if you think this would be a good idea or have u a better suggestion.
info on the car (interior colours,speed ratings, bhp or kws fact sheets from toyota would be very helpfull)etc
cost of purchasing a half car and if it comes complete, that is you can put a battery in and drive.
and if anybody has a number off a half car importer that has good parts and reputable.
and what sort of kms would be on the motor.
is it 6 speed or auto which is better.
  Send a private message to this user    
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be a really cool swap providing you can get the torana to handle proplrly.

personally i'd prefur the 6 speed but thats just me because i like driving manual.

check out suprastore.com its an american site but they have kits for the 2jz to get 1000+ hp

i think a stock supra 93+ makes about 280 rwkw (i think im not sure)

sssautomotive may have a front cut but expect to pay 6k+ for one from there (again not positive but an educated guess)

celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the stock 2jz supra makes stock 280hp not kw australian and japanese standard.. the american ones come out 320hp.
there is an lj torana down the gold coast with an rb20det in it.. that only just fits in that.. and also a lj gtr with a sr20det in it.. both are very quick cars.. the 2jz would be a good option but also consider these options as well.. it would be cheaper to put a nissan sr or rb20 in and would be still a very quick street car
sprintless sprinter
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm actually in the process of preparing for a 1JZ into an LJ torrie at the moment. It will fit, look at the size of big block chevvy's, they fit. There is also a twin turbo 1UZFE LJ project in the process on the Gold Coast, so engine bay size is not a big deal. The only hassle I have so far is trying to fit the exhausts past the steering rack, this can be fixed by putting an LH steering knuckle in. Handling will be a big problem though. Hope that is of some help to get you started.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The V8 probably doesn't quite have the overall length and height of a 2JZGTE, I think thats what celicaboy meant.
celica_freak
Regular

May 2002

Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this info is good thanks guys keep it up .
personally i like the manual,but i have a Detroit locker in the rear and manuals tend to be a bit jumpy.
when i buy a half car does it come the states or japan.
i ask this because i plan on keeping it standard.
also i was considering putting the hole dash and column in if i can fit it.thats why i need everything.
to those of u on the gold coast do you have any ph numbers of importers from that region.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the american ones come the same as the aussie ones. It's the 98+ vvti ones that come with 320 bhp .. but you'll be forking out a LOT more for one of these.

and why keep it stock when it begs for so much more? Smile

6-speed or auto.. it's your preference. they're both strong (the getrag 6 can handle 1000 bhp)

putting the whole dash & column in might have more issues than you've considered... like steering column length etc
if you're keeping it stock, I'd be tempted by a 1uz-fe (toyota v8). they put out around 300 horsies, they're lighter, and since it's a v8 they're also shorter than a 2jz, which might make it an easy fit.
the main disadvantage is you cant just wind up the boost for lots of extra hp at almost no cost
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The American 2JZGTE had 320hp from the offset. They had higher lift cams, more aggressive tuning and steel wheel turbos.

The vvti 2JZGTE probably made more than that in all truth, but were still rated at "280ps" Very Happy
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: info plz Sat, 31 May 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen this conversion done, quick fit at hornsby have put that very motor into a lc torry!!!! awesome sight it was, that thing was like a rocket wagon.
justin Very Happy
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: info plz Sun, 01 June 2003 00:27 Go to previous message
i agree with justcallmefrank the american oens had more hp then the aussie ones Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Post fuel-cut ECU maps question
Next Topic:Rear Windscreen demister terminal?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 05:34:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054230690002441 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.