Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » turbo ta22????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
i_want_a_turbo_22
Newcomer

June 2003
turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 06:41 Go to next message
I wanna get my ta22 turboed what is the best engine option for doing this?. also i hear you can put the 3t-gte turbo manifold on the 2t-g, does this work with the carby version or do u need efi?do u need to modify the internals 4 it?.Thanks any feedback would be good, cheers.

ps. sorry if this is confusing i dont know much bout turboes etc, or as my sig says Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
i_want_a_turbo_22
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got another Q's, would supercharging a 2tg be an option? is this expensive? i'm a tight arse so i want the cheapest option aswell Rolling Eyes
thanks all
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supercharging it would be the cheapest option, that is what i was going to do, but i decided to go against it and just stay NA, yeah its true the 3t turbo manifold can be fliped upside down and will bolt straight onto the 2tg exhaust side.
if you wanna supercharge it, you will be looking at about $250 for the sc12 supercharger from the 4agze motor, and about $200 bucks for a toyota nippon denso 4agze or 1ggte cooler!!! you will also need a 2tg aircon bracket, which i can supply if needed, but you will definatly need efi with an aftermarket computer to run all this gear.
justin.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so as you can see being a tight arse will not be a good option Laughing
i_want_a_turbo_22
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey juzzo do u know how much $$$$$ i'd be looking at with all that gear?? and do u know how hard it would be wiring up an efi?
i_want_a_turbo_22
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i suppose i can jam open my wallet fork out some cash for this prodject Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 01 June 2003 09:18]

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will vbe looking at about
$400 for the efi gear (plenum,thermostat housing,elec dizzy)
then you will need to buy an ecu, and make a loom (its all very easy, its like sex for the first time, dont rush it, but when your done, its something you will remembeer for life Laughing )
but the computer will hit your pocket, but if you get something of some one toymods, im sure they will look after you.
sc12 off the 4agze will hit your for about $250
4agze or 1ggte cooler will cost about $200 (i have one for sale)
2tg air con bracket (i also have $30)
electric fuel pumps/ surge tank if you want one, the price will depend on the flow rate required and the brand you wish to buy
you will need to have all the cooler and charger plumbing done, more dollars, and you will have to upsize your exhaust system.
so all it will cost you a whole load of dollars!!!!!
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps. the wiring is a breeze!!!!!!!
if you ever get around to it, just let me knwo i will give you a hand.
justin
i_want_a_turbo_22
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i'm looking at a bit over a grand, i've been reading some old posts and came accross one of yours and noticed you did a 3t\2tg hybird, what does this engine owe you? even sounds fast Shocked
i_want_a_turbo_22
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s the way you put it you make wiring a car sound so enjoyable Laughing
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, im still building this one, its nearly done, it has cost all up about $2500, not all that cheap 2tg/3t hybird means ,that i have got the head off a 2tgeu and bolted it onto the bottom end of a 3t(13t actually) and then its an 1800cc not a 1600cc.
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: turbo ta22???? Sun, 01 June 2003 10:10 Go to previous message
i_want_a_turbo_22 wrote on Sun, 01 June 2003 19:38

p.s the way you put it you make wiring a car sound so enjoyable Laughing

well i used to be a auto electrition, so it makes it a little easier, but apart from that, its not allthat hard to do.
justin
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:$10,000 worth of work on an ae82
Next Topic:st165 front strut/brake setup into a ta22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:36:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047440528869629 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.