Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Mount Panorama Tue, 25 June 2002 17:19 Go to next message
Last Saturday night, I had the pleasure and the privilege of doing a few laps of the legendary mountain in Bathurst. That evening I was meant to head out up the Old Pacific Highway but in all the confusion, ended up following a Silvia club (You guys are tops) who were headed out to the mountains. Anyway, ended up in Bathurst and we all took our grid positions before taking off for a gentle 'warm-up' lap, in the dark mind you.

After getting a general idea of the circuit (which I know pretty well observing the touring car races and looking at the map) I deciced to throw the seca around a few of the corners and punch it on the straights. The best was on Hell Corner where I hooked it left at spped and drifted in the best way a FWD could. (wish someone was there to film it). The Dipper and the Esses just before Forest Elbow was also very cool, not to mention Conrod Straight Wink

I recommend people should see it close up so they can appreciate what a magnificent and legendary circuit it is. I can't imagine there being a more difficult track to throw 50 odd big V8's around up each others ass and so many blind corners, narrow passes and close in concrete barriers. would be great to go there for a fang during the day but I doubt that could ever happen. Do they ever have track days there? I understand it's a public road.
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mount Panorama Tue, 25 June 2002 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had the prevelage of driving around there on race day,
(last years 1000,before race start)in a V8 Monaro, and it was one on the best memories i have ever had, with the croud, marshals, the noise of lots of big V8 echowing off the concrete barriers, absolutely awesome Smile

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Mount Panorama Wed, 26 June 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How did you get that ride(the monaro)?

Tim
strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: Mount Panorama Wed, 26 June 2002 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86Trueno: I would of seen you then...

Nothing shakes the mountain like a V8. Rolling

I have been four years in a row now. Plan on going again this year too. For those that haven't been, GO!

I'm not a big Holden / Ford fan but it is the best damn car race you'll ever see... It's more the atmosphere than anything else.

Last year I saw a V8 esky with 10" rims, saw the new monaro unveiling, saw a Hyundai drive up the mountain on two wheels, saw lots of smashes, saw a few boobs, got hailed on, saw the swinging chair of death (a single seater lounge chair hanging 20m from a gum tree Skull), heaps of other stuff...

But I have driven it in a Toyota, not no crappy Monaro Razz Pity it was an FJ40 Cruiser... Confused
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mount Panorama Wed, 26 June 2002 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dad used to be a member of the Monaro Car Club (until he sold his car) He had a big 350 HQ Monaro 4 Door, bright yellow. And as a promotional thing Holden Invited the whole club (theres lots of Monaros out there) to do a parade lap with the New Monaro. lots of fun , got in for free and lots of other stuff and had a ball. I think we even ended up on TV to.

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Mount Panorama Sat, 29 June 2002 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well then, we could make an event out of it. I live here so I might as well go!!

We could camp all weekend. Hopefully it won't be as fuckin cold!!!!. I'll make my brother stake out a good spot.

Tim
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Mount Panorama Mon, 15 July 2002 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been around on race day too, a few years ago now in a mini for a thing they had WHAT A BUZZ !! I reacon a cruize to bathurst would be good who wants to sit in city traffic for a day and do 40k's.A cruize is in my book about driving and a day trip to bathurst is a pretty good drive,easy to do in a day
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Mount Panorama Thu, 18 July 2002 12:12 Go to previous message
A cruise up to bathurst is a great idea. We can even go to the car musuem. If memory serves me correct i think that currently they have Mark Skaife's R32 GTR that he won Bathurst in.

Its not a Toyota but an unbelievable car none the less.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:way home
Next Topic:mkii rivals the bmw 320 convertible
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 14:37:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011043787002563 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.