AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Toymods Auction leftovers Mon, 26 May 2003 04:19 Go to next message
Ok,

As most of you will remember Toymods held a fundraising Auction last year to help raise money for the new server (Which has been ordered BTW)

We have a couple of itmes left over so before they are dumped or returned to their previous owners they are being listed in this thread.

Auction will close Wednesday June 4th at Midnight. The Highest bid on an item will be the winner. No bids will be accepted after that date/time. Goods Must be picked up in person

No Edited posts will be accepted !

The Items are:

18R-G Cylinder head Minus cams - Needs refreshen but contains all valves/springs etc. ($50 Reserve)

Bare FWD 4AGE inlet manifold - (No Throttle body or sensors)

TA22 CELICA Workshop Manual - ($50 Reserve)

1975 TA22 LT Grill - Complete with Badge and trim. Excellent Condition

Please list the item you are bidding for in the subject heading. Keep an eye on this top post as more items may be added.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 June 2003 04:09]

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Mon, 26 May 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More details on the TA22 manual? Is it an orignal Toyota item Confused
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Mon, 26 May 2003 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya rod, as shane said, is it a toyota 22 manual???
if so im in and will bid away for it.
justin
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon1.gif  TA22 Manual details Mon, 26 May 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok the TA22 Manual is NOT a genuine Toyota Manual.

It is a thick manual covering all 3 of the factory Toyota Green ones. It has a Yellow cover. I'll get the publisher details off it when I get home tonight. (If I can remember Sad ) Its Tractor something from memory.. (And no smart remarks and about Celica's and Tractors they did all sorts on Manuals I have one for the crown by the same people)

The manual is showing signs of age, The internal spine has split and a section of the pages are loose. I have only seen this book 3 times. One of the other copies had been pulled apart and placed in those clear A4 sleeves in a manilla folder. (Thats what I was gunna do with this one.)

Last one of these I bought cost me $75 Personally I think it is better than the Toyota Manuals as it is all in one book. Otherwise it is almost exactly the same, It does have some areas which are slightly better explained tho in my opinion. Deffinatly craps on any of the other non genuine publications.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Tue, 27 May 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it like this one?

http://www.motortraders.net/~mtn/new/B-TOYCELWH.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 27 May 2003 06:37]

RN50Hilux
Newcomer

March 2003

Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Tue, 27 May 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what casting is the 18r-g head?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 Manual Wed, 28 May 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool 1,

That is the dead set worst Celica Manual ever written !

This one is over an inch thinck and I'll get off my sorry ass tonight and get the deatils of it. I'll try grab a digital camera from somewhere and get a pic of it too.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Celica Manual Wed, 28 May 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The manual is from the "Servicing the Toyota Motor Car" series and is for the Celica and Carina. The emphasis being on the Celica.

The manual is published by Tractor & Mechanical Publications. It was published in 1974.

It is an Australian publication and was published by arrangement with Toyota Japan and Australia Motor Industries Ltd.

611 Pages in total - 20 Sections in total
Also has detailed engine specs/comparison for the T,2T,2T-B,2T-C and 2T-G

Includes 2TG Information and head service

The 2TG Engine service section is excellent.
It gives the pics and text just like the Toyota manual but then also give tips on how to do it, Cautions on what not to do, clearance specs and tollerances and just anything the publishers felt was helpfull ! Absollutely shits on the Toyota manual in this regard (Hence my personal opinion that it is the best manual published for a TA22 ! )

Also has complete Tune up amd strip down and rebuild guide for the 2T and 2TG carbs (yep how to rebuild the solexs Smile )

As mention the spine is seperating and I would strongly recommend having it rebound or splitting it up into an A4 folder (In plastic sleeves)

Should have pics on Sat !

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  18R-G head Wed, 28 May 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Casting number is xxxxx-xx270 Early Carby head I think !

Once again will have pics on Sat
mckejon
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 29 May 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rod,
I know you said that you have to pick up items yourself but is it possible to make an exception? Rolling Eyes
If so i would like to start the bidding for the TA22 manual at $60.

Attachment:
(Size: 0.00KB, Downloaded 19 time(s))

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 29 May 2003 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mckejon,

The Manual is easily Posted so I'll stick that in the post for the High bidder if required. Postage at the Bidders expense of course.

I'm too bloody busy/lazy to package anything else tho.

Alexhanley
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 29 May 2003 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The FWD 4ag inlet manifold...
any idea what year it came off??
what's stuck to it? throttle body/tvis/idle control/etc?
i have no idle control... this makes me sad, and makes my idle romp merrily between 2500 and 1000rpm
mckejon
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 29 May 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Rod i did mean to put plus Postage.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 29 May 2003 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witzl has dibs on the 18R-G head!! Evil or Very Mad

mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 29 May 2003 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey rod thats the same book ive got, its awesome Very Happy i posted a while back about trying to get it in digital format, i have since aquired a copy of adobe acrobat and so im SLOWLY putting it on my cpu, 11 pages down 6oo to go! Laughing

also just an idea, does anyone have some spare land they wanna donate to toymods? i mean somewhere we could take all our stuff like whats being auctioned instead of throwing it out and other ppl could have it for a donation to toymods. what do you reckon?
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 29 May 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bid $75 on the 18RG head.
Be good to have a spare for the clubman.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

4AGE MAnifold Fri, 30 May 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexhanley,

Sorry mate I should have had more details on this bit. The manifold is bare as they come mate, No Throttlebody or sensors or anything much at all really. Its just the runners and the plenum and I have No idea what it came off sorry.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Tue, 03 June 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya rod, can you give me more info on the book, if it is what im looing for i will place a bid for it.
justin Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Tue, 03 June 2003 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo,

Dude what else did you want to know ???????

Just drop by for alook if youlike I am at Epping these days so pretty close to you.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Tue, 03 June 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo,

Dude what else did you want to know ???????

Just drop by for alook if youlike I am at Epping these days so pretty close to you.
mckejon
Occasional Poster

November 2002
TA22 workshop manual Wed, 04 June 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bid still stands for $60 plus P&H.
I am very interested in this manual so I'll keep biding if i need to. Evil or Very Mad
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 05 June 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod,
If that head is the one that I think it is, you will find that it is an 18R GEU. It has the small notches for the injectors in the ceiling of the ports.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 05 June 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Jason !

And yeah mate it is indeed the head your thinking off..... Thanks for donating it Smile
mckejon
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 05 June 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rod, you have a PM.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Thu, 05 June 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AUCTION IS CLOSED !

Ok the winners of the Auction were:

mckejon - TA22 Manual for $60 plus P & H
M.J.H - 18RG Head for $75 (if this being an 18RGEU head causes any problem just let me know and we will re-list it. Appologies for the miss information)

M.J.H if you could contact me via email to arrange collection of the head. Thanks,

dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toymods Auction leftovers Fri, 06 June 2003 00:01 Go to previous message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 06 June 2003 00:01]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap Stuff
Next Topic:WRECKING 2 AE82 COROLLAS
Goto Forum: