Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 16 May 2002 05:33 Go to next message
I have an MX22 1974 Corona MKII 2 door. This model is very rare and was originally privatly imported to Australia. It Is in original condition and has a 2.3L 6 cyl (2M) Engine. Very classy and classic looking.

Serious offers only........
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 16 May 2002 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VERY VERY INTERESTED.

How much? What condition? Auto/manual? Where are you? Does it drive? What color? Can you put it on a weighbridge and tell me what it weighs?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:12]

Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 16 May 2002 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's Bronze, Auto (3 speed), chrome mags, oringinal interior (dark red). It weighs 1230kg and it drives fine. It has been preserved and Iam willing to sell it to someone for the right price.

The engine bay is pretty big so the possibilities are endless (almost).

Iam in Canberra
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 16 May 2002 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any rust anywhere? Is it far from RWC?
They seem to rust out in the doors and also in front and behind the rear wheel.

And what is your right price?
Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 16 May 2002 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its rust free..........

Make an offer
Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 16 May 2002 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Davo,

The car has been garaged the last 10 years. I Only got it three months ago. The body is in good condition and the paint is still ok. No rust from what I can see. How far from RWC? Well I drive it at the moment. the only thing is an engine oil leak but I dont think its too serious, considering the age (1974). It has a better looking grill than the 4 doors and a different bonnet pattern also.

Price: Well I am only willing to sell it to someone who really wants it, because I would rather keep it myself, of course. One week after I started driving it, i found a note on my windscreen from someone very keen making me an offer. He offered me $500neg AND his 1982 Corona XT130 (3 months rego for it). I didn't even bother calling him back. I don't know what people are willing to pay, but for me to sell it i would want $2700neg.

anyway, iam always welcome to offers (or possible swap)

get back to me anyway, I like to hear from other toyota fans Smile
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Incredible story! Thu, 16 May 2002 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garaged 10 years! Smile

It sounds too good for what I have in mind (desecration of the most horrific magnitude) and at ~2700, I'll have to let it slide at the moment. If in the next few months I fail to find something a little closer to what I am looking for, I'll drop you an email.

The MX10 and MX22 should share the same front and tail lights. Most Corona Mk2's in circulation nowadays are MX13's, and they are somewhat different. If you are starting to drive it around, beware of the badges - mine was badged only a couple of months ago. Thankfully the bonnet one is still available from Japan.

I have a crazy ported head and some fairly lumpy old cams for a 2M. But I'd probably keep a classic in that sort of nick in standard trim.

Sorry to pepper you with questions but one last one how did you get that weight (1230kg)?

Cheers Dave.

PS here is mine at Phillip Island.

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a 7M-GE would look pretty under the bonnet of that and should go in quite easy...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy wrote on Fri, 17 May 2002 12:01 PM

I think a 7M-GE would look pretty under the bonnet of that and should go in quite easy...

So would a 2J.... Up To Something
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol yeah or a 2J...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah Definatly 1UZ material ! Smile

Why mess with 6 cylinder when 8 will fit !
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  UZX22? Fri, 17 May 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I spent a week measuring mine up against one at a local wreckers looking at ways to make it fit hehehe (before I studied the rules and realised I couldn't race it competitively Cry ) - that back right exhaust port is mighty close to the steering box Shocked . But the engine mounts would be a cinch. Rolling
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave,

If Jamie can shoehorn a 1UZ with not one but TWO turbo's hanging off it into a TA22 it has got to fit in a MKII Corona !!

Makes me wish I hadn't given mine away Cry
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hasn't Jamie got rack and pinion steering? Very Happy

But it is still very do-able. Evil or Very Mad
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Jamie does have Rack and Peanut ! That guy just can't leave anything unmodified Razz
Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is anyone gonna make an offer?

Here are the pics

Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more pics

Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics

Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another pic

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 17 May 2002 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe,
can you please email me on giant_tomato@yahoo.com
I need to clear out 2 cars otherwise my wife will go ballistic.
Cheers Dave.
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Tue, 21 May 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id love it as is but i cant even afford $20 atm sorry.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 23 May 2002 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Far out, I dont even like the cars. But that one gives me a whole new appreciation, its in such good condition and the front looks mad. Gotta love the ridge down the bonnet...
bunny
Regular

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 23 May 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy shit thats in amazing condition,i would buy it in a second if i wasnt doing this supra, ive never seen the 22 you should hold onto such an impressive beast.
ps where abouts are you i wouldnt mind a look at it.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Thu, 23 May 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sort of looks like an old Rambler... sort of Smile

(btw that's a compliment)

rgrds
sam
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Fri, 24 May 2002 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT: how much of a headfook would it be to convert this baby to manual and with GE power? even GTE if theres one for the right price Up To Something
M power only please Razz

Jofus: Have you considered lowering the price? (dont mean to insult, just asking, cos 2.5k for a car that i cant drive right away is a bit too much for me atm, i need a car for work) and would you consider transporting it down south?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Sat, 25 May 2002 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HooN wrote on Fri, 24 May 2002 7:22 PM

GT: how much of a headfook would it be to convert this baby to manual and with GE power? even GTE if theres one for the right price Up To Something
M power only please Razz

Tom,
putting any M series engine in an MX22 would be quite easy. You would need to modify the sump and pick up to a midsump postion (easy - you have one on the 2M to pilfer). The engine mounts bolt straight up. A W50 or W5* will fit in the tunnel and bolt up to the std crossmember (I'd imagine an R154 would need a little 'tunnel massaging'). If you were to go EFI, you would need feed and EFI pumps and a surge tank. The engine bay is certainly capacious enough to accept a turbo engine (read 7MGTE) and I hear there is one in Adelaide setup this way. Of course, the engine loom is the other minor obstacle, but easily overcome with a wiring diagram and soldering iron.
Cheers Dave.
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Sat, 25 May 2002 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What i meant was... could i bend ur arm in a way to make u help me if i did purchase it? Razz
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Mon, 27 May 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just remember one bingle and you have to try and find panels for this rare car

Allan
HooN
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Mon, 27 May 2002 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm true.... ah gay, i dont remember it being this hard to find a car Sad
Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Wed, 29 May 2002 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, Here is the Deal. Now the Car is out of rego and Iam Now Defintaly selling it.Iam willing to take a little less for it or I would even condiser a swap (car & cash). Iam In canberra. If you are interested mailto joe@dnathan.com.

Iam strapped for cash at the moment so someone Make me an easy offer! Smiley =
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Wed, 29 May 2002 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, check your email.
Cheers Dave.
Jofus
Regular

May 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Sat, 15 June 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look, I have now been forced to go lower (to sell) the '74 Corona MKII (prev advert in this forum)

Heaps of people have sent me messages saying they are interested etc..... But when I give my Phone num or contact details, I never hear from any of them.

Only reply if YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO BUY THE CAR!!!!
Otherwise
STOP ANNOYING ME!

It has to Sell as I need the money,
so

I WILL take the best offer.

(pics are on previous post)

joe@dnathan.com
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Sat, 15 June 2002 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe,

You have mail !
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Sat, 15 June 2002 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jofus

Give me a ring on 6369110 (Canberra). I am sure that we work a deal.

Craig
struan
Regular

June 2002
Re: Is Anyone interested in a 1974 Corona MKII 2 Door 6 Cyl? Very Rare! Tue, 18 June 2002 13:20 Go to previous message
Have you sold the MKII yet joe? just curious, it's a very nice looking machine and certainly a change from a crown.
struan timms pres'-classicrown
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: Black Supra GT Limited $15,500.. lots of extras..
Next Topic:Wanted MS53 Crown
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 05:02:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091350078582764 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.