Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon4.gif  Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT Wed, 30 October 2002 21:25 Go to next message
Hi Everybody,

I've been getting a few reports of peoples accounts being deleted. From what I can tell it seems to happen some time after the user changes their email address. Once your account is deleted, all your posts will become owned by the Anonymous user.

Normally when you change your email address, a new verification email is sent to you, asking you to click on a URL to verify the new email address. What's been happening is that for some reason, when the user clicks on the URL the person get's a message saying invalid verification key or something.

DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE!! If you then do nothing, your account will not be verified and will be deleted after a certain number of days!!

If this has happened to anyone, please email me at sam@toymods.org.au so we can sort it out. If you have changed your email address lately and remember getting that error message (or no email at all), please contact me also.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

rgrds

Sam

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2003 03:05] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
libby
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT Thu, 31 October 2002 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
I just reregistered.
Thanks for your help anyways guys.
Now I'm a 'newcomer' again.... Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2002 00:39]

Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT Thu, 31 October 2002 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It happened to me when I registered but I clicked re-send or something and then the URL worked.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT Fri, 01 November 2002 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK this is the problem from what I can tell...

When the confirmation email gets sent out, the verification URL gets split over two lines, which means when you click on the link, the server doesnt receive all the info it needs to complete the verification. Cutting/Pasting the entire URL together will work.

rgrds

sam
libby
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT Fri, 01 November 2002 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just checked...in the email I was sent the URL was not over 2 lines......I'm 99.9% sure I sent the right URL. Here's the URL I replied to:

http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=ema ilconf&conf_key=668b4d55b19f2f20ce16362ae91eed a6
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT Fri, 06 June 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've noticed it only does it in hotmail for some reason whats the go there?works fine in yahoo mail

[Updated on: Fri, 06 June 2003 22:30]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Changing forum email address - IMPORTANT Sun, 08 June 2003 04:06 Go to previous message
I think you may be right... must be something to do with the way the email is encoded or something. Hopefully it will be sorted out on the new server, I plan to upgrade the forum software at the same time.

sam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rant Time / Suggestion for Mods - For Sale section
Next Topic:Is just me or what?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:21:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048820972442627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.