Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
2T Performance Sat, 07 June 2003 03:04 Go to next message
I got a standard 2T engine for my celica, as shown on the left pic. I got a 45 m Weber sidedraft carby. Also extractors and im getting a 2 inch exhaust. What are some other mods i can do to get some performance out of it. Like cams, heads etc.
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T Performance Sat, 07 June 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
High compression forged pistons (11:1 is a good start), a big ass cam ( i can get you the specs from my 3/4 race cam ), and remapping the dizzy to match the Cam settings will get more horses out of a 2t motor ..

Ask jezz - he has My ta22 - with the ex drag spec 2tb in it - just had it recammed with the big cam that came with it - and runs a single sidedraft weber like yours ..

That motor had some headwork done to it as well ( a bit of porting , stronger valves springs and valves , and hardened valve seats )

these motors are underrated - While not as free revving as a 2tg - they can put out near on identical hp figures.

2tb put out 115hp stock, 2tg with higher compression , twin cam, twin carb put out 124hp . Thats not alot of difference - PLUS there are rumpurs that the 2t head flows better than the 2tg.

otherwise outside of that is turbo the one you have!

itcan be done and the 2t responds very nicely to forced induction
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: 2T Performance Sat, 07 June 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, i might go the high compression forged pistons, and cam, how much would that cost, and i dont really wanna turbo it.I dont wanna spend too much on the engine or i might as well buy a better one.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 June 2003 03:34]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2T Performance Sat, 07 June 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A better question is how much you want to spend ..

The motor that came out of my old ta22 cost around $2500 to build.

Youd end up spending a good grand at least to get the head and pistons happening - IF you got it done right hand got forgies ..

If you dont want to spend that much - you could always look at a long term engine swap like a 3tgte ( 1.8lt turbo twin cam ) that would weild much better HP figures .. Mind you youd need to look at swapping the GB to the w55 that usually comes with it - and a diff upgrade ..

silverfox
Regular

November 2002

Re: 2T Performance Sun, 08 June 2003 12:02 Go to previous message
hey Classique71 could you give me the cam specs of the 3/4 race cam you put in and anything else you did , i'm rather interested in doing up my 2T
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Should I get cross drilled rotors?
Next Topic:1G Engines
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:12:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046141147613525 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.