Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
icon5.gif  any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 12:36 Go to next message
any people out there that have a ra60 they are thinking or are in the middle of modifying, if so id like to chat! i love the ra60 its the nicest and tuffest looking celica out there but thats my opinion, what is everyone elses favourite celica?
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an RA60. It was my first car, its got a Supra interior and some 15x6" Soarer rims. Its comfortable, but gutless as hell.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28... its just cooler Cool
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we all know the ra60 is just supra with an embryonically deformed nose Very Happy

its a little stunted in the rear too Razz

ed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats wrong with the rear?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr... LSD IRS vs Live
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought you were talking body wise...don't forget the rear discs too, and the LSD, and the power windows, and the power mirrors...

The front end is a bit fugly. Least its not as bad as a RA6X coupe. Very Happy

And yes, I'm qualified to make the judgement on the RA60 versus a Mk2 Supra, cos I own both Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 06 June 2003 01:44]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh* here comes another RA40 liftback bashing thread...

f#ck yas all
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah ... Can't beat OLD school... TA23!!!

Rob, I don't think RA40 are that bad.. I had one.. And it was bright yellow!!

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry Rob... we will defend our lil RA40's till the end. Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 05 June 2003 22:42]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 05 June 2003 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe bright yellow = brown interior.... classy.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dude, I'll retract that for your benefit.. Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me! I own one! Very Happy

And, yes, the only thing uglier than an RA6x is an RA40 liftback.... hehe
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the only thing uglier than a Cockroach (RA40 Liftback) is the Stout lol ! Mind you I'd rather I done up RA40 Sedan than an RA60 myself !

Seriously tho, The old Cockroach had a pretty wild Dash set up ! Even the base model had an oil pressure Guage instead of the idiot light.

And have you ever tried to sell parts for an RA60 !! I just had a complete one crushed cause I couldn't even GIVE it away !!!

( Just kidding guys, I like all the Celica's until some idiot accountant made them FWD Sad )

I'd still rather my TA22 tho.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 June 2003 06:10]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5th gen gt4 is my fav.
But i still like the old school celicas too, especial the mustang one, they look tough as
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ra60 is the best celica. the rear looks mad, i have a ra60 coupe xt, hahah its the downsize from the supra version Sad i love the look of them! and dont u love that oil change plastic dial u can play with next to you dial guages!
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh not the coupe sorry the liftback.. yeah coupes are ugly Evil or Very Mad
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only thing i don't like about the ra60 is the set in lights.
Thats why i like ra65 Evil or Very Mad
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know they look a bit weird eh. its a pitty they only come out with 103 hp ( 21 rc engine ) what do people think would be better, in power output and ease of install a 1ggte or a 1jzgte or maybe even a 2jzgte
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g-gte all the way
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too bad the 21R-C didn't even have 103hp. It only had 90, as you can see from my signature, 67kW or raw adrenaline...and mine is a rather healthy one Sad
Astro
Regular

August 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA60s rock, I used to have one. Sold it a month or so ago. Now I got the closest thing to it - an RA65.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the RA65 has a much sexier nose... those slanted headlights of the RA60 just dont do it for me.
as for ra60 conversions... go talk to max (nark)
his is currently pushed around by the 1g-gte.. and pushed fairly quickly from what I've seen Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra65 Smile

Actually, I don't mind the '84/'85 coupe.... the US version anyway. For some reason, they got an updated rear end to go with the front, but the AUS specs got landed with the old style rear end all the way through.

For some reason, I love to look of a dark blue '84/'85 GTS coupe

I always used to want an A2 celi coupe before I had a car. I'm still not completely down with the whole TA, RA thing (is there a write up on this somehwere I can word up on so I can spot an old celi and say ahh T series or R series?)
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 06 June 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1G-GTE is the best bang for the buck option.

If you had heaps of money, put a 3S-GTE in. There's heaps more potential from the 3S.

If you were filthy rich and wanted to dump heaps of money into the car, then I'd go a TT 1UZ-FE.

The 1JZ & 2JZ are not even options in a Celica. You'd ruin the handling.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sat, 07 June 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love the ta22's , just a little work to the wheels and the suspension and they get tough looking . Ra28 does it for me for the mini mustang factor - the nice fat rear quarter panels Smile

Thats for old school

The st185 Gt4 and the 205 GT4's Look Real tough when a larger set of wheels and lwering happen too - they dont need bodykits as the factory bodylit parts suffice

the eighties celicas sorta didnt do alot for me - though narks machine definantly gets the thumbs up from me

this is just celicas mind you - Supras havent been mentioned of all each model supra looks Bloody GOOD!

Id perform illegal acts for a trd 3000GT jza80 supra Evil or Very Mad
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sat, 07 June 2003 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much horsepower does your 1ggte put out? and 1/4 mile time, have u worked it at all?
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sat, 07 June 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all.... Surprised
Have to agree with rob RA40 & HSV gal on this one as the RA40 Celica can kick ass... Very Happy

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sat, 07 June 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hsv gal's avatar look eerily similar to an ae86 Confused
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sat, 07 June 2003 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car put out 124.8kW at the wheels at one of the Toymods dyno days. This matched a 1UZ-FE which is rated at 194kW from the factory.

Only mods are HKS air filter and 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust from the dump pipe back.

No quarter mile time, but I've beaten many cars that do mid-14 second quarters. Even some that are claimed to be into the high 13's (although I really don't think my car is that fast).

Thrashed the crap out of an S13 Silvia last night. I backed off at the end of second gear ('coz we were approaching a rise) and I was a couple of car lengths ahead of him. Then he came screaming past me over the rise. Stupid prick, I hate people that scream past you even after you've 0wn3d them and backed off. Especially when you slowed down 'coz you were approaching a blind crest. The idiot was in the left lane and there was no telling whether there was a car parked by the side of the road or not.
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha yeah i hate geese like that. yeah i might get a 1ggte there only like 750 bucks from sss automtive imports but id bore it and work on it a bit before it goes in my car Very Happy did u put the engine in yourself or did u pay somebody to do it? where did u get your 1ggte from? have any major problems?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you mean rebore or overbore?

if you have a look at phil's 1g-gte (traction_issues), you'll see waht a 1g can do. quite an impressive setup
mr_ice55
Regular

April 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22 ALL THE WAY
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is phils 1ggte? Confused
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uummm...
the thread is called "it's finished... and tuned"
so search for that and you'll probably turn it up. lots of info on what he's running in there (like 309 rwhp before he'd finished all the mods)
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Sat, 07 June 2003 23:45

hsv gal's avatar look eerily similar to an ae86 Confused

HA!
ae86 my butt. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
thats my RA40 Razz
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

Someone once commented that if you have a look at different gen celicas parked next to each other, you can see that the lines are the same. If you've seen an A4 next to an A6 next to an st16x you can see the lineage. May well work with an A2 liftback too, I can't remember.

But an ae86 looks more like a honda accord than an ra40! Cool
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA60_Celica wrote on Sun, 08 June 2003 13:04

did u put the engine in yourself or did u pay somebody to do it? where did u get your 1ggte from? have any major problems?

This is actually my third 1G-GTE.... Embarassed
First one was put in by BD4s. They did all the hard bits. The other two times were simple 1G for 1G swaps...
No problems as long as I remember to tighten the sump pickup bolts.... Embarassed

Stefan wrote on Sun, 08 June 2003 20:06

Someone once commented that if you have a look at different gen celicas parked next to each other, you can see that the lines are the same. If you've seen an A4 next to an A6 next to an st16x you can see the lineage. May well work with an A2 liftback too, I can't remember.

The xA6x and ST16x definately look similar. From a distance, it's really hard to tell them apart. Same stance and everything, it's just that the ST16x is more round (well, it's actually GOT curves... Very Happy).
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does a 1jz really kill the handling? RA6x are rear heavy anyway so wouldn't a slightly heavier engine be good for the weight distribution?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huh? since when? They may be a little tail happy, but that is more to do with being too light in the rear. Actually having more than 1/3 of a tank of petrol does wonders for my traction in the wet (and th dry, for that matter), though my spare has been out for a long time.

I think i remmember reading that the ra6x has a 52:48 weight dist, which is about ideal for a front engine/rwd setup.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Sun, 08 June 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Mon, 09 June 2003 01:00The xA6x and ST16x definately look similar. From a distance, it's really hard to tell them apart. Same stance and everything, it's just that the ST16x is more round (well, it's actually [b

GOT[/b] curves... Very Happy).

Yeah, the st162/ra6x connection is obvious, though what I was saying goes beyond just that. The ra40 and other celicas arn't so obviouslly similar, but when parked next to each other you can really see it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No prizes for guessing my fav Smile The 3S-GTE is coming one day. for now, all I am missing is a little letter on the side of my engine ie, currently "3S-GE" anyone got a "T"? Razz
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to own an RA40 as u can see by my name Very Happy and although i agree that they are ugly i wouldn't put them at the bottom of the list. in my opinion the ra6x notch back is the ugliest by far. I also like the 5th and 6th gen celicas a lot, i was gonna get a 5th gen until i realised how gutless they are (non-gt4) and went for the cheeper sx hatch instead. Back to the classic celicas, i can't go past the RA28 Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28 baby!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a picture paints a thousand words right??

well even tho some of the words maybe "OLD, and AGED"

"FUCKIN AWESOME " also comes to mind...
or
"sex on wheels"

lol

http://www.toymods.org.au/photo//Events/20030418%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/640/Nark%20-%20118-1820_IMG.JPG

http://www.toymods.org.au/photo//Events/20030418%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/640/Nark%20-%20118-1840_IMG.JPG

http://www.toymods.org.au/photo//Events/20030418%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/640/Paul%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals%202003%20-%20Dubbo%20011.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 09 June 2003 05:46]

RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i would have to agree the ra23 looks fucking sexy but every man to his own and my ra60 will always have the sexiest body in my eyes Shocked
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice head-shot there rob Shocked

ed
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I SEE ME!!!! Cool
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old school is always damn nice
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Mon, 09 June 2003 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe i thought alwaysRA23 was talking about me for a second there... Confused
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Tue, 10 June 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love the RA23's. I own 3, The first time I ever noticed one was I was driving to Frankstone with a friend and a bright blue on went flying past us and I thought that is a real cool little car, it was my friend's mate and 4 month's later it was mine.

5 months after the first I was given a RA40

Then 6 month's later I bought a parts RA23

About a year later I was offered another RA23 for real cheap which I now also own.

I've become a bit partial to the RA40 liftback. My brother washed it and gave it a polish and I was looking at it yesterday and thought that doesn't look too bad.

But it's still the 1st gen that are my favorite.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 12 June 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing good with RWD Celicas is that once you drop them and put big wheels on, they have a mean stance.

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 12 June 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or not:

http://speedtoys.com/~stefan/temp/sideon.jpg

Gee, talk about blwoign your own trumpet, Nark Very Happy
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 12 June 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or even blowing. lol

Because I went to a smaller tyre diam, my car doesn't look lowered.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Thu, 12 June 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gee, talk about blwoign your own trumpet, Stefan. Very Happy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: any ra60 owners out there? what is everyones favourite celica? Fri, 13 June 2003 00:43 Go to previous message
You know I really hate to say it But Max's 60 does look PHAT !!!

God I love those rims !

mmm and yeah RWD a good rear footprint and Bingo.. Instant Aggresive Smile Friggin hairdressers cars my ass !

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Pornstar/HER%20073%20Disc%20Shot.jpg

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Pornstar/HER%20073%20Moondisc's.jpg

I still prefer the TA22 tho Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 13 June 2003 00:45]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:really intelligent fuel theif
Next Topic:Why do I wear out so many tyres??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 15:53:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085830688476562 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.