Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Fri, 06 June 2003 23:53 Go to next message
Ok, its time for my 1st service, i intend to do the plugs, oil, oil filter and fuel filter. I would not have a clue about what types of plugs to use.. anyone know of any that work very well in these motors??? What oil should i use?? fully synthetic/semi-synthetic, and what brands are very good??? Oil filter? what is its model number and is there a cheap version on aonther car??? ie: camry or something....???

Thanks in advance.

Ben

PS- sorry about such stupid questions, but from going from a NA lil 4 pot to an EFI twin turby 6 is a big step, and i just wanna get it right the 1st time.
  Send a private message to this user    
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sat, 07 June 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the plugs will usually have a code on them, take one out and see

i've heard that only new engines like synthetic, although everyones veiw on oil will differ
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sat, 07 June 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont go putting in anything synthetic unless that is what it has been running on since day 1.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sat, 07 June 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toycelica77 wrote on Sat, 07 June 2003 10:30

Although a good idea i wouldnt suggest this as what makes u think the last service was done correctly with the proper plugs ??? ive seen this happen before so if it was my car id look up what it takes.....itd also be in your manual]

I assume u dont have a manual is this why your asking online ?

as for what oil to use... theres this thread:

http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=14689&start=0&rid=54&S=33b0fad b305a5553a89724daef3582a2

Ta
Mani
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sat, 07 June 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate wrote on Sat, 07 June 2003 12:34

toycelica77 wrote on Sat, 07 June 2003 10:30

Although a good idea i wouldnt suggest this as what makes u think the last service was done correctly with the proper plugs ??? ive seen this happen before so if it was my car id look up what it takes.....itd also be in your manual]

I assume u dont have a manual is this why your asking online ?

as for what oil to use... theres this thread:

http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=14689&start=0&rid=54&S=33b0fad b305a5553a89724daef3582a2

Ta
Mani

mani, you just look at the plugs when they're out, if theres no substantial wear or deposits of any sort of materials then obviously you've got the right plug and the right heat range

sbyder - if they dont look healthy then your gonna need someone to tell you what plugs your gonna need
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sat, 07 June 2003 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IF you want to find out what plugs to use go to auto barn down at moss street slacks creek. They even had a book that listed 4 different types for 18rg's so I think they might have a listing for the 1G. as for filters I am not sure. there are quite a few 1G owners on the forum. you think they would know.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sat, 07 June 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might even be able to go to a Totota dealer and ask them what filter to use, plugs and so forth... I'd recomment a Genuine filter cause they are better in mine ans others opinions and I have never seen a Toyota Filter leak when it's used correctly... I have seen seals leak and give way on numerous aftermarket filters... Remember that night leaving Thornleigh Maccas Jason???
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sun, 08 June 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look here:
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=8705
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=11843
http://www.toymods.org.au/msgboard/index.php?t=msg &th=11824
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sun, 08 June 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks peoples, muchly appreciated!!!
I'm using the Z418, thanks to Helmann for supplying the goods Wink

And Mobil 1 oil. WOW. Bloody good stuff that! $56 at autobarn, and the car goes alot better now. I wouldn't have thought it'd make such a difference changing oil, but wow.

Still looking for a plug type.... i would use the same brand as the ones that are in there now, but i dont know if they're right to start with. I remember in my sillycar days i had standard plugs and it used to ping like buggery, so i was put onto B6ES plugs and all my problems stopped at once. So... im just wondering if anyone has any better options for the 1G....?

thanks again for your help,

Ben

PS- Mani.... no i dont have a manual, stupid import cars! Anyone have a copy of one, or a link to a site that has one?? I've only really found 1 or 2 sites on the net thats has info on the GZ20. Can anyone link me to anywhere good?

[Updated on: Sun, 08 June 2003 00:47]

punkdefender
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sun, 08 June 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spark Plugs NGK BCPR6EP-N-8
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Sun, 08 June 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers mate Smile
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE Service??? I have no idea..... Tue, 05 August 2003 22:19 Go to previous message
Sbyder,

How did your car go after the service? im just bout to do mine. Did u use those NGK plugs?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4EFE and 4EFTE
Next Topic:Supra70 1GGTE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 13:24:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078060626983643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.