Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 29 May 2003 06:15 Go to next message
Like the title says - 28th was cancelled due to Crappy weather and the comfort of spectators was going to be marginal.
So because we missed it.....
11th June it is (weather permitting) Laughing
See ya's all there.
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 29 May 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, i'll be there!
Ahh.. Have I just jinx'd it again? Razz
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 29 May 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm there, I'll definently have my car back by then !! If I dont, so help me... !!!! Mad Very Happy
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 29 May 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
working in finance + time off in June (end of financial year).......... no fckin way!

damn I hate my job ! Crying or Very Sad

let me know how you all go.

Phil
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 29 May 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worst case scenario i'll be there spectating but hoping to be able to run the car
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 29 May 2003 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be spectating and will come say g'day...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Fri, 30 May 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'll be spectating, I'd run the crown but I'm not sure the timer can record that long a run lol
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Fri, 30 May 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be there

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Fri, 30 May 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep count me in ill be there racing
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sat, 31 May 2003 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FLYNSX wrote on Fri, 30 May 2003 15:35

Yep count me in ill be there racing

heya man, what you running in the seca???
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sat, 31 May 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i forgot!!! Laughing
i will be there also Smile watching that is!!!

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sun, 01 June 2003 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there to spectate however I will be encouraging as many people as possible to come and run with me on the wednesday after the dyno day. Should be a good way to compare HP and et's.

The skyline is coming down again for the dyno day to give the 2L 6's a whippin too. he plans to run at the creek for the first time that week as well.

Matt

TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sun, 01 June 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cough cough...
i thought that skyline whipped the 2.5 litre 6's as well last time... including the killer watt king....
Embarassed Embarassed

Stew
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sun, 01 June 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im There...............
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sun, 01 June 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God damn I wish I could wake up in the mornings...

If I could then I'd be spectating... But seeing as I can't get up, I'll have to give it a miss...

Maybe, just maybe, I might come down...
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 04 June 2003 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 4agze pully kit and front mount 20lsd gearbox Very Happy hoping for hi 14's
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 10 June 2003 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not long now Smile

I have got my car back, but since I only just got it back, I don't really want to break it again anytime soon, so I will be just spectating Cool

Better not rain !!! Mad
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 10 June 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOY77 wrote on Sun, 01 June 2003 18:11

cough cough...
i thought that skyline whipped the 2.5 litre 6's as well last time... including the killer watt king....
Embarassed Embarassed

Stew

Someones cruzin for a bruzin Smile

hahaha
Laughing

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 10 June 2003 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

we can only speculate about how much he'd beat you by Stew. Too much of a big girls blouse to put the Toy on the rollers!

Twisted Evil

Matt

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 10 June 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

we can only speculate about how much he'd beat you by Stew. Too much of a big girls blouse to put the Toy on the rollers!

Twisted Evil

Matt

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 10 June 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who wants to drive me there and home???

My car is in the smash repairs this week and I have no way of getting out there...

SO can anyone give me a lift there and home???
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
icon2.gif  Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 10 June 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ima gonna bea therea.

you guys gonna meet somewhere specific?
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
icon2.gif  Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 10 June 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ima gonna bea therea.

you guys gonna meet somewhere specific?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure if it helps but i'll be around Seven Hills area at 1.30pm to drive out there. Want to get there early.

Cheers
Joel
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where does evreryone usually sit? On the back hill or on the side in line with the start line?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well The first report is in !!

1st Pass ------ 11.88 seconds @ 115 MPH Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The Toymods record has fallen ! Well done Jason !
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
icon8.gif  Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not happy with the times i pulled 2nite 15.7 @90mph, 15.2 @95mph
then a 15.7 again 90mph again stupid intercooler pipe blew off on last run bah would of hit s 15 flat maybe 14.9 if i was lucky oh well Sad Mad
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I just got back from my first outing to the drags (first time participating that is) and I'm of mixed feelings at the moment.

My time was a 15.1 second pass which is a little disappointing. however.

1. It was my first pass ever, so there is a lot of room for improvement.
2. No traction what so ever. Spun all the way through first and into second gear. backed off a little, then nailed it again, then the silly slush box dropped back into first gear and I took off again... with traction this time.

Pretty High trap speed for a 15 second pass too, 160km/h . If I could put more power to the ground early I should drop at least a second off I'd hope.

But hurray for awesome reaction times, (which don't mean much in this class, I know). 0.47 seconds. I knew all that time playing Counterstrike wasn't a waste.

Biggest complaints of the day.

Stupid cars that dump oil on the track causing Half an hour of no runs.

Only 1 run the entire night. I think I'll take a pillow next time and have a sleep while I'm there.

FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you only got 1 run u must of been in the slow lane dude because i got there late and still got 3 runs in for the nite Very Happy

To much wheel spin and to much tramping maybe its time for a 4wd turbo
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what time did 1JZ-747 end up getting on the last run? i couldnt hear over that bloody loud rigoli car..
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure myself but i know he was pulling 13.6 for his first run shane wasnt happy at all last run u would think low 13's ????
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah... andrew only got 1 run too...

way too many cars

Congrat to Jason, Top run and backs up his strong 1/8th at the nationals.

Now who was the loser saying it wouldn't do 11's.... Now we have proof to back up the "pull your head in, sell your shitbox 7m motor and get a real mans motor" comments i made Smile

Luke
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how awesome was that rotor powered KE10/25 that lauched 45 degrees into the air.. DAMN!

there was a pretty good turnout lotsa quick cars, had a good night...

EDIT: also congrats to Jason in the yellow rolla for cracking the 11's well done...

[Updated on: Wed, 11 June 2003 22:35]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Wed, 11 June 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn I snapped an axle on my first run! 23seconds Smile then 3 hours limping it home haha.

Congrats on Jason (Yellorolla) run!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats again Jason on the 11 second passes and the club record.

Was a good night got a few people on video (Yellow rolla, Mr Supra & Flynsx)I'll try and get the files up soon.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
14.2 smoked first and second
13.5 smoked second
13.3 1.9 sixty foot, only got 12psi
13.8smoked full length second gear.

all only 102MPH

down 5 MPH on previous best time of 13.03 at 107MPH 2.004sixty foot with rooted box slipping into third

going again next fortnight. Mad Mad Mad
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a good night, track looked a little slippery though. Was very cold and damp.

I got to see FLYNSX run, Shane-IJZ-747 and Kristian-SUPRAMAN.

Shame I couldn't get there earlier Sad

Once again Jas, great work on the 11.8 !!!
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks fellas.
The grandma car performed almost flawlessly throughout the night.
After the first run I was pinged by the ANDRA official for doing 11's without an ANDRA licence. He relieved me of another $95. He was the nicest guy though, and I had a licence in no time.
My runs were as follows
1: 11.88 at 115 mph no 60' time was available.
2: 11.91 at 115 mph - 1.61 60'
3: 13.33 at 100 mph - 1.81 60'. Popped the intercooler pipe during the practice launch (and still would have hosed the best that HSV has to offer). Laughing
4: 11.95 at 115 mph - 1.7x 60' time.
The last run was the scariest on track run I've had. The moisture had settled on the track and when I launched, the car went toward the right wall pretty quickly. The 60' time being a bit slower indicates that, with traction, that run could have been in the 11.80 region.

Either way, I had a blast. I am glad that most everyone else enjoyed themselves as well.
Hard luck to Joel for the broken axle, and to those who only got 1 run. That is just crap. Crying or Very Sad

thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was freeezzzzing!!!

Jason, u should have said to the official, "grandpa said it would only run 16's max!"
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found vids of Jason and Grimace on realper4mance site

http://www.realper4mance.com/video/11june2003/11ju ne2003.htm
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh Mate. How cool is that Yello beast Laughing
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P.S. If you look at it fram by frame you will see that the left tyre is still off the ground nearly half a car length out of the gate.
Well it gave me a chubby. Razz
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops

[Updated on: Thu, 12 June 2003 09:26]

flapps
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yellow Rolla

What are you running?
Sorry im new to toymods,
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was an awesome but bloody freezing night... I had a nice sleep on the way home and only managet to get out of bed at 6am Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad ...

Congrats to jason for some awesome runs...

What really happened with that blue EH??? I've heard different stories about it...

And towards the end of the night, a Monaro and an old Falcon lined up... A chic in the crowd had absolutely no idea and yelled "Go The Other Car"... I presume she was talking about the Falcon cause everyone knows what a monaro is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

And the highlights of the evening had to have been all the Ford Breakages Laughing Laughing Laughing ... One after another... I really would've liked to see that pink mustang run though...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was watching the "TRY01T" video and as soon as they took off heard a very farmiliar sound... Had to wait until the end of the drag to see "1JZ747" flying up the left lane Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Thu, 12 June 2003 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, (Yellorolla) Your Famous lol

Really spewing I wasn't there on the night. Unfortunatly the Toymods Board meeting was on.

Nice bit of Video of the run there and there is some very clear daylight under that front left mate ! Very nice indeed !

What was the other car running ? It looked like that WLD 02T Corolla ?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Record Page ? Fri, 13 June 2003 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so we know Jason beat the club previous Under 1.8 F/I record (He held it anyway lol)

But what about the other club records ??? Did any FINANCIAL club members beat the times on the records page ??

http://www.toymods.org.au/records.html

If you did, Scan me your Timeslip and email it to rod@toymods.org.au and let me know your membership number and current car details and we will get you up on the page ! Smile

(Jason can you get that timeslip scanned/faxed over to me. Thanks )
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Record Page ? Fri, 13 June 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like i'm gonna have to have a crack at the over 1.8L (F/I) record once i change the engine and clutch. Evil or Very Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sat, 14 June 2003 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are a few pics that I've found so far off various sites...

http://www.jpmphoto.com.au/Galleries/off_street_drags/11_06_2003/images/110603JPM_034.jpg
__________________________________________________ _______________
http://www.jpmphoto.com.au/Galleries/off_street_drags/11_06_2003/images/110603JPM_062.jpg
http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmeets/2003/ecreek_03_06/ecreek_03_06_032b.jpg
http://www.fullboost.com.au/racing/dragmeets/2003/ecreek_03_06/ecreek_03_06_033b.jpg
http://www.jpmphoto.com.au/Galleries/off_street_drags/11_06_2003/images/110603JPM_132.jpg
http://www.jpmphoto.com.au/Galleries/off_street_drags/11_06_2003/images/110603JPM_156.jpg

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sat, 14 June 2003 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a few more piccies...

http://www.realper4mance.com/off_street/11_06_2003/pic_18.JPG
http://www.realper4mance.com/off_street/11_06_2003/pic_19.JPG
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 17 June 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HMMMMMMMM it looks PPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT TTTTTT

thanks Rolla Boy

Cool Cool Cool Evil or Very Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Tue, 17 June 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries man...
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Eastern Creek 11th June Sun, 22 June 2003 07:40 Go to previous message
Here is a pic of my Turbo-A Supra at the drags last week.
Only got one run, (got there late, at 7pm) it was a very crappy 14.4 with no traction, and I also hit the rev limiter in first gear.

looking for 13's next time.

http://kristian.freewebspace.com/images/turbo-a_drag.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Northern Beaches TONIGHT WEDNESDAY
Next Topic:Land speed races March 2004 Lake Gairdner
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 09:40:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008234977722168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.