Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
ABANDON AIRSTRIP Thu, 12 June 2003 10:51 Go to next message
a few months back there was talk of an un-used airstrip outside Sydney somewhere, i was just wondering if anyone ever found this air field of or if anyone knows where it is???
thanks
Justin Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Thu, 12 June 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin dude we know its been off the road for ages but no need to dump the car mate

Razz
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Thu, 12 June 2003 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard numerous rumours that there is an abandoned dragstrip out in the backlots of Mascot. whether that means at the current airport or somewhere different in the actaul suburb of Mascot im unsure of. im willing to bet that its probly an old test-strip out in the middle of nowhere of some Govt. land thats right at the back of the airport somewhere, maybe down near the water perhaps?!Confused

later all!! Very Happy
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Thu, 12 June 2003 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to find the airstip that we were talking about (south of campbelltown) and the tarmac was all dug up to prevent car hoons from getting onto it...
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Fri, 13 June 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curse those damned car hoons.

Rolling Eyes
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Fri, 13 June 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it galls me that I'm always hearing about groups of people managing to do runs "at an airstrip" but never seeming to hear of one anywhere near where I live. This happened to us in Darwin also, although it wasn't quite as big an issue there... Cool

Oh well, it looks as though Wakefield is my only option.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Fri, 13 June 2003 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam dam dam, i was really looking forward to getting some guys together and having some off street runs, where exactly was the runway outside of campbelltown????
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Fri, 13 June 2003 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 wrote on Thu, 12 June 2003 20:51

a few months back there was talk of an un-used airstrip outside Sydney somewhere, i was just wondering if anyone ever found this air field of or if anyone knows where it is???
thanks
Justin Smile

MANI there is very little to worry about the only thing im going to be dumping is the CLUTCH!!!!!
justin
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Sat, 14 June 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How are you gunna dump the clutch when the car's got no Motor Juzzo Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ???

Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Sat, 14 June 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

give the guy a break
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Sun, 15 June 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You started it Mani Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ...
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Sun, 15 June 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is what you need is someone with a big block of land and a bit of money, and then make a "drag strip" yourself.
just an idea of what me and my cousins did as kids, they lived on a farm and we built dirt race tracks in the paddocks... i know, it's a smallewr scale of what you want, but just a thought
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Sun, 15 June 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 wrote on Sat, 14 June 2003 02:00

dam dam dam, i was really looking forward to getting some guys together and having some off street runs, where exactly was the runway outside of campbelltown????
justin

are you guys talking about the S.A.C Airfield near Waterburn (spelling is wrong)???
Theres 2 ways to get to that place, somewhere around Appin Road along the way to the Gong and another place through St Helens Park.
Dont ask me any more about it, I asked my gf this morning after reading this thread. Theres a sign near her place in St Helens Park (near the baseball field) that says "S.A.C. Airfield" and an arrow pointing down the road.
joshyd
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Mon, 16 June 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a book around here somewhere that lists all the airports in the country, wat the run way is made of, the lights, everything. pilots use it.
if u wana know anythin ask me and ill answer it when i find it.
this book may come in handy after all! Very Happy
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Tue, 17 June 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys your help is really great but there is no point in finding it if the ground has been destroyed so we cant race on it!!! Sad
AHHH, what to do next@!!!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Tue, 17 June 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are a few others around but i dont want to give them away just yet, my spies are still out doing recon Evil or Very Mad

if all else fails just take a trip out to nowhere for a weekend find a long stretch or road in the middle of nowhere...
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Thu, 19 June 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There a big long straight out the back of miller its for the bus's to get into the city its about 4 lines wide.......... not saure of the proper name for it
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Thu, 19 June 2003 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u guys are looking for a place to race (im not promoting it!!!) then go down to the gong, behind the steelworks theres a long long strip of industrial road that people run on... its called "oily's".

my bro and friend usually go there when they race.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Fri, 20 June 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds sweet!!! when do the boys normally race????
i wanna see!!!!! Very Happy
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Fri, 20 June 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a good idea not to post this stuff on a public forums as the law sometimes watches these sites hence would close down the drags

and it doesnt look good for Toymods

Just PM the info

Smile
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Fri, 20 June 2003 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry man!!!! we are not actually going to do it, all we are going to do is just talk about it, as if we would race!!!! Rolling Eyes
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Mon, 23 June 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats right Juzzo, as if we would race Very Happy

Ive heard that there are places out the back of Razorback somewhere for all us scrampbelltown boys and girls. Anyone know anymore on this?

Apparently there is a go-kart track out there somewhere too?????
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Tue, 24 June 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As someone has stated it is at Wedderburn. Did those purse carrying Nancies dig it up? Bastards.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Tue, 24 June 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the wedderburn one is still there only problem is that its not abandoned.

i cant recall for the life of me what suburb it was south of campbelltown (i was there, why cant i remember!) but the airstrip there was dug up.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Tue, 24 June 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As rob said,
wedderburn is still opperational, there was a fatal accident there a few days ago Sad

There is another one around, not the dug up one as people have told me they have been their. Its out the back of razorback near a go kart track? Ive gone looking but cant find a thing :'(
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ABANDON AIRSTRIP Tue, 24 June 2003 08:46 Go to previous message
My bad. Although I think the accident was not at the airstrip (unless they plant trees on the airfield).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:i want one....
Next Topic:my subaru died
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 22:04:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073099136352539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.