Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3SGTE into an ST162?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Keisuke
Newcomer

June 2003
icon3.gif  3SGTE into an ST162? Sat, 14 June 2003 02:04 Go to next message
Hey All,

I'm contemplating buying a GT4 frontcut and putting the engine into my ST162 Celica. I was hoping some1 out there will have done this conversion before and have some idea on how easy or difficult this is and also any common/major issues involved with this. I.E. the connection of all ancillary components to the existing parts in the Celica etc etc, now I dont claim to know a 'great' deal about this kind of thing, but I hopefully know enough to understand any replies, if not I've got plenty of people who can help.

Thanks All
  Send a private message to this user    
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Sat, 14 June 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try www.celica.net go to the msgboard and go to 4th gen a few guys in there have, they will be able to help you better.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done the wiring for that conversions
its nice job
comes up like standard
i know the workshop that did the conversion
im pretty sure it wasnt to difficult if u use yr orig fwd gbox
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too want to do the same sooner rather than later!

But I have heard some things about the origional 3sge gearbox not really being up to the demands of the 3sgte engine. If it was just the engine swap that would be exciting, but if my gearbox was going to be turned into scrap metal in 1 year, then I am going wait and get like a stronger box.

Try searching the forums, I think there have been previous conversations on this topic
AE86
Regular

May 2002

Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Thu, 19 June 2003 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I took a look at the celica.net msg boards but couldn't find too much. Also, they are Americans (at least I think they are) so they speak a different language....

Is there anybody on Toymods that has done this swap that I can discuss this with? Drop me a mail at cjawnik@bigpond.net.au

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2003 06:50]

Keisuke
Newcomer

June 2003
icon14.gif  Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Thu, 19 June 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Better yet, any1 who is gonna reply to that can just post it here for us to all enjoy ^-^

Cheers
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Thu, 19 June 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend is in the process of this very conversion right now, he is having trouble with the clearance of the starter motor or something like that, i will fond out a little more and update you on whats happening
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Thu, 19 June 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he is using the st156 gt4 motor
justin
R_U_Crazy
Newcomer

April 2005

Re: 3SGTE into an ST162? Wed, 06 April 2005 14:02 Go to previous message
I am also in the first stages of replacing the 3S-FE in my ST162 with a 3S-GTE. As far as the starter motor is concerned, I heard this: "3s-gte engine needs a 3s-fe tranny, as the starter is on the tranny side other then the 3sge engine side." I'm glad i have the 3S-FE transmission, and i'm going to try to mate the old automatic trans with the new engine, however I also heard: "To make this work with the 3S-FE transmission, you need the PRESSURE PLATE (and flywheel) from the 3S-GTE."

I'd rather get a new transmission, but this one is recon only 6 months ago! new one would be either out of a toyta camry V6 (A541E, ~$1500) or an MR2. I'll tell u how it all goes later.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Install of shift light in a Sprinter (4ac)
Next Topic:Steering in AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 06:44:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050768852233887 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.