Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 03:52 Go to next message
Just thinking about it...I don't know much about this stuff, but i'm guessing you'd need custom cross member, custom diff, then fuel pump, exhaust, etc. But the engine probably wouldn't fit in the bay at all yeah? Also it's 4wd, so would the whole 4 wheel drive system need to be cutsom, or just a custom or shortened rear diff? It'd be pretty funny seeing that, the car would travel back in time.

Dan.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple answer is no. However i'm sure this could be done if you had a spare 30k and a lot of time.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch. 30k? U sure, the front cut with diff i could get for 5k...you reckon the custom stuff and labour would cost 25k?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To have the job done for you would easily reach 25K.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, i'll ask around out of curiosity now, i expected around 10k, but not 25, you can buy a gtr for that.

Dan.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10k wouldnt even get you a 3S conversion.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where would all the money go?
5k for front cut, including engine, g/box and diff.
need custom crossmember, guessing round 1.5k?
modified GTR diff or custom diff 2-4k?
fuel pump $500
labour 2k?
engineering cert $800.
So, if it would be 25k, then it would cost you as much as buying a GTR to get it into a TA22? That sucks.

Dan

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Labour is the killer. Plus to fit the RB26 you would need majour firewall work, custom front struts, new trans tunnel and the list goes on.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 04:15]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you'd be better off wanting to dream about putting it in a ra23 just for the extra room that the engine bay provides.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch, shame. I guess i'll just wait 40 years and buy one myself. or get a front cut and pretend to drive it around.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Labour 2K?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Most shops charge horrific rates for this sort of stuff.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they've got a nice lookin body those ra28's, pretty rare too, at least from my experience. My dream car to put a RB26 in is a Pontiac 67' firebird. Smile

Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a few places that do engine conversions for like 1.5 -1.8, but that's mostly for the non turbo model being converted into the identical turbo model.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bladerunner wrote on Sat, 14 June 2003 14:23

i know a few places that do engine conversions for like 1.5 -1.8, but that's mostly for the non turbo model being converted into the identical turbo model.

So nearly $2000 for a bolt in proposition. The conversion you're proposing is far from that.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u forgot 2000 bucks for brakes
1000 bucks for exhaust
2000 bucks for intercooler
say 1000 bucks for electricals
2000 bucks for stronger diff
500 for tailshaft
1000 for custom alumin radiator
i did do some work on a 260z shell, we put an rb26 in it
we unpicked the strut towers from each car and with alot of work
we then welded gtr strut towers into 260z
we also had to modify front rails to miss front axles
we also made new longer chassis rails that went back further

if u want it 4wd the gboxs are so fuking heavy and huge
then u need the hydraulics for the 4wd part of it
the list goes on

and 5000 to 10000 to spare incase they run into some problems halfway thru conversion
because its never been done b4 they can charge whatever they want i know i would

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 04:40]

Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I said 1000 for exhaust, you get the front brakes, which are the most imporatnt, could get gts-t brakes cheaper for rear.
2000 for intercooler? It's a front cut, comes with intercooler. once again, front cut...electricals, comes with loom. 2000 for stronger diff i said that too... but yeh about 3k worth of other stuff. Oh well, if i were to plan something like this, i'd get friends to do it, rather than have sum1 rip me off for labour.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gianttomato - I know regarding the bolt on, i said MOSTLY bolt on, and that's often with them providing half the parts, not u buying the front cut urself.... So ends up around 400 for labour for a bolt in....but they also do other stuff, like a 2jz into a mk3 and mk2 supras, which requires a fair bit of mucking around.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yr better of fitting a 3lt all alloy nissan engine

i dont know how good a front cut it is for 5000 bucks
engines r usually that much
gbox sometimes up to 2000
brakes around a grand

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bladerunner wrote on Sat, 14 June 2003 14:48

you get the front brakes,

and how are you going to fit them?
or are you thinking of swapping the ENTIRE front assembly in??
jeebus - if you paid ANYONE to do this, it'd cost a fortune!

could get gts-t brakes cheaper for rear.

and how re these going to be mounted to the rear... ??

comes with loom.

hahaha... try making it work!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 04:58]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless someone has already said...in factory tune im pretty sure both the 1jz and the 2jz have more power than the rb26dett. Go for the toyota mate...cheaper and easier - and for the performance if your gonna spend big dough then the toyota is the one...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bladerunner, have you done a conversion? Actually, have you even done a tiny iotum of work on a car? Do you even own a tape measure? You don't need to answer any of these......they are rhetorical questions, and I don't care for the answers anyway.

It is clear from your original question and subsequent retorts that you haven't the faintest idea of what might be involved. Some of us have been trying to spell it out for you. I shall endevour to do this in a clear and concise fashion.

Read this a couple of times till you understand it:

This is an enormous undertaking that would require enormous fabrication and modification of EVERY system in the original vehicle.

Good luck. I hope you get it done for less than $20K. Before starting, talk to the local road authorities and an engineer to make sure this is legal in your state.

PS Sideshow, was that this car?
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Sprints/260Z-RB26DETT.jpg
There's an idea Blade....talk to the RB26 260Z guy. He might give you an idea. Here's his email.
Sinisha_Banjac@bigpond.com.au
Here is his car on Fullboost.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 05:39]

Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GiantTomato,
Nickname obviously in gratitude of your brain...Ur an asshole. I was voicing some thoughts regarding this conversion, not attemping to assert some kind of mechanical dominance. I don't know much about cars, that's why i said it at the start of the POST! But you just had to add in some smart ass remarks like 'do you even own a tape measure', obviously to boost your own deficient ego...wat do u think ur going to achieve through insults anyways, get some crappy little 'over the internet' vindication? I'm not even sure y my post offended you? For next time, just don't reply, i didn't ask for YOUR help, and there's obviously others who are willing to respond that aren't upset or attempting to offend someone or put them down.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, i think he just finds it amusing that youre adimant (repeatedly) that it WON'T cost a huge sum of money...

and why dont you think it wont cost a huge sum of money? intuitively, one might say you have not much of an idea as to whats involved. thus, on what grounds can you argue that "it wont cost that much"...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I offered the best help I could. I supplied you with an email address for someone who has actually performed a similar conversion. That's ultimately better than all the other 'speculative' posts thus far.

Don't want advice? Simple. Don't post in a public forum.

Remember that personal attacks aren't allowed in this forum. We are a friendly place. Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look out robbo we have a contender Laughing
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He finds it amusing?
Quoting him...

Do you even own a tape measure? You don't need to answer any of these......they are rhetorical questions, and I don't care for the answers anyway.

Read this a couple of times till you understand it:

These suggest more than amusmement, they're sarcastic insults aimed to insinuate some kind of mental deficiency. I've talked to a couple of friends about engine conversions who may have claimed untrue knowledge, ergo leading me to be under some false impressions. Perhaps this forum should have some kind of mechanical exams to become a member, which would prevent people who are unaware of cars to post, as this is obviously an issue. I did create this post to learn, not to be insulted. I have talked to others that priced labour for engine conversions involving RB26's that are way cheaper than 25k, so i was trying to find out a little more about this...That's all. Seriously, like i said, if he's insulted or feels like amusing himself at the expense of others, then simply don't post a reply to my thread, i don't believe there's a need for it.

Dan.

Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GiantTomato - read my last post. You offered the best help you could, coupled with beligerant insults? Gee, thanks so much. I don't seek insults when i post in a public forum, no...is this what you think they are for? Help, in the form of an email, which isn't speculative but may be totally irrelevant, blended with insult? And you accuse me of disturbing some happy community?

Dan.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
an rb26 1/2 cut will set you back probably about 8-10k for a decent one anyway...go for a 1jzgte from asian autos in Brisbane. Will give you a 1/2 cut with everything you need to perform an installation for about $3000..and with 280hp stock...i think thats more than enough to handle...even with that much..you've pretty much gotta strip the car to a shell to do it safely...its not like a supra from factory...you need to upgrade lots of things to insure you dont put yourself at a risk and others on the road...i doubt very much the rb26 would fit in the ta22 bay anyway...check out the 1jzgte ones...they're a tight squeeze!
Think seriously before you buy this one...could be a lot of money wasted.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bladerunner - there are some pretty simple rules that most people adhere to on these forums, one of which being: "No personal attacks permitted".
These such rules were brought to your attention when you signed up to the forums. Please stick to them Smile

You asked question on a PUBLIC forum, which inherently makes the question directed to the entire forum community. People have subsequently responded to your question with a resounding answer which was repeatedly brought into dispute. If you have a problem with what people post - please use the "Report to moderator" function and let the moderators deal with it, there is no need to incite people further. Follow the policies listed HERE

There is no need for a mechanical exam when joining these forums - heck i joined with almost as little knowledge, but have learned by listening to what people have said, and doing some ground research with engineers, conversion workshops and searching these and other forums. You need to listent to learn dude Smile

Guys, play nice!

<EDIT: perhaps i used too harsh a word>

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 08:50]

Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Thanks for the genuine advice. I'm not considering buying a GTR front cut anytime soon, and yeah i like the 1jz's too, although i'd probably go for a 7M-GTE in it's place, just because i like the idea of a single turbo for some reason. The 1jz's probably are more reliable than an RB26 too, if the Toyota reputation is anything to go by; although I can get a decent GTR front cut for about 5.5. I wont be though, i don't have the budget to anyways, unfortunantly. Additionaly, if i were to do an engine conversion in a TA22 to a RB26, i'd just buy a GTR, the TA22's are cool, but not THAT cool, in my opinion. I was just curious as to some of the facets that would be involved in a job like that.

Dan.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
In response to the moderator, I believe GiantTomato instigated a personal attack first, however i'm not going to devote the time to construct an argument proving that beligerant insinuation that insults someone's intelligence is an insult.
In terms of me listening, i retorted that i'd ask around again out of curiosity, and I also said - where would all the 20k go?
I believe those are responses that did not manipulate the sentiment that the job would be expensive, but are actually questions aimed at learning further, are they not?

Dan.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to give you an idea...conversions aint cheap...mine is being damn expensive...similar if not more than a 1j/2j/7m...but im looking forward to the outcome...my engine built will probably cost me 5-6k, then theres a bellhousing, clutch & pp etc to a 302 - $1360 alone!! diff changes, cooling system...custom extractors & twin exhausts - $1500 minimum...and the list goes on forever...be prepared to spend big...and make sure you love the car before you start spending Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 08:46]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to give you an idea of what conversions are possible and what is vaguely involved with each... here is a quick list:

With a TA-22 Celica....
- 2T-G. Bolt in. Dead easy
- 2T-GEU. Bolt in with EFI fuel and computer/wiring upgrades
- 3T-GTEU. some engine mount mods, brak mods, EFI mods, diff mods
- 1G-GTE. engine mounts fabricated, gearbox mounts, radiator moved, severe handling mods, tailshaft/diff mods, efi mods
- 1JZ-GTE. firewall mods + everything listed for 1G-GTE
- 7M-GTE... wasted in a TA22. add ridiculousness to 1JZ-GTE.. too big, too heavy and would make for the worst handling celica this side of a KE50...
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Ok cool thanks. See now i don't see what the point of GiantTomato's attitude was, that helped heaps, and free of put-downs...however i won't bother delving into that.

Thanks again, Dan.
Bladerunner
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey,
Just one more thing i forgot to ask. The RB26 conversion would be so much more difficult that the 1G mainly because of the 4WD system? Or would it be in the likes of the 7M?

Thanks, Dan.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4wd is impossible to have in the ta22...not enough room...if you cut the bumpers and extend the whole front of the car then perhaps you could fit it in if you've got the time and money. its size is around the same as a 7m. I.E too big for that car.
fj20
Regular

June 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi
An RB26DETT TA22 Celica would be a wild conversion. Smile
I know that it would not be street legal in N.S.W., But would it be street legal in any State around Australia?
I don't think anybody bothers with trying to fit the "ATTESA E-TS"(electoronic 4-wheel torque distributing system) when retrofitting an RB26DETT to an older car(240z, 260z etc). It would be a bit of a mission. Smile
-Regards Mike
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta22 to AWD anything would be a total nightmare - not even worth trying because of the limiting factors of the ta22's bodyshale , chassis , engine bay Etc etc ..

I dont even see 30K doing this - as there would be that much custom fabricating involved - thst you might as well make your own chassis - and try and fit a fiberclass ta22 replica shell Over it

If you like Nissan gear - try sr20's still a prick to fit im sure - but it is being done - ask Bad22 - hes on the forums here - and is trying this conversion

your best bet for bang for bucks is a 3tgte or a 3sgte swap if your budget allows it ..

or spend your 30K on a r32 GTR and have it already in there - FACTORY INSTALLED!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The cost is almost a 'how long is a piece of string' proposition.

Quote:

...like a 2jz into a mk3 and mk2 supras, which requires a fair bit of mucking around.

The irony of your argument, is in fact due to forums such as this and US based supra forums, these conversions are reality and have been previously achieved and are well documented. (read: www.norbie.net) A 2j into a JZA70 wouldn't be 'that' much of an issue as compared to other venutres.

HOWEVER, what you have described is something that has never been done, there are no people to consult who have previously completed the work, nor are their detailed descriptions or a photo documentation of the conversion.

Sideshow mentioned
Quote:

incase they run into some problems halfway thru conversion
because its never been done b4 they can charge whatever they want i know i would

And this links back into what i have said above, it hasnt been done, you will be a pioneer for the conversion and as a result there is no precedent set for which to charge you for a complication in a shop. That is where the money will go.

Getting back to the issue of engines, yes it 'is' possible to fit a larger engine, but it will require alot of modification to the structure of the car as noted before.

Its a place to learn, listen to the opinion of others and do some research for yourself, ie. not on forums, to establish what can and cant be done, and a mates word isnt always gospel.

As mentioned above, ask a engineer if its legal, then talk to mechanics and 'performance' shops to gauge their ideas and opinions. There are bound to be some that will say too hard and refuse.

Anything IS possible, it will just cost you alot more if you want it done in some fashion. Plan it, give it time and do some research.

Have fun.

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what, you mean to tell me no-one makes a kit for this project??
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taiyma or Revell might make a Kit - but you have to buy your own paint and glue - the bastards never supply this !
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DECALS!!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon it'd be tough to fit a RB26DETT into a TA22, let alone a whole GTR Laughing sorry, I couldn't resist.

The RB26 as many people have pointed out is bigger than a 1GGTE..by a lot, and this requires MAJOR work to fit in a TA22. Its probably closer to an 1JZGTE or 2JZGTE in overall length, and these are an extra couple of inches at least.

If you really wanted to do it, I'd seriously suggest running it in RWD, 4WD would be WAAY too much of a hassle. The gearbox from an RB25DET would be a bolt-up proposition to the engine at least, and has internals as strong as the GTR's box. I don't think that this box would fit the tunnel without major mods though, its rather sizable.

No one has really harped on about handling, which is usually the the first thing people do when someone talks about putting a big iron block six into a little Celica. I think that puts into perspective how much of a bitch it'd be to fit.

Food for thought dude, suck up everything everyone has to say, they aren't saying it to dampen your enthusiasm, they're saying it cos thats the way it is...
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

RB26DETT GTR into a TA22 kit available Sat, 14 June 2003 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post deleted in the name of harmony.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 13:58]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RB26DETT GTR into a TA22 kit available Sat, 14 June 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C'mon, you can do that for less than $10k dude...but on a side note..that IS FULL SIIIIIIIIKK! Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RB26DETT GTR into a TA22 kit available Sat, 14 June 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The three mantras of life - peace, love and harmony.

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts.......

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 14:10]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah hahahahaha Laughing Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RB26DETT GTR into a TA22 kit available Sat, 14 June 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duuuuude, youse is not looking hard enuffs ok?

Youse don't need to spends da dosh on shit like brakes...they work now right? y they no work l8r? use ur hed buddy Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just remember dudes - if you want to have fun and make amusing posts, do so in the general section Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 14 June 2003 14:04]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry...but he started it Twisted Evil

Anyways, if you do look at the above post I did...well, a couple above, I meant what I said about it being a bitch, it'd be crazy to attempt 4WD and probably wouldn't be the best result considering the money you'd have to spend.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sat, 14 June 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In all seriousness, Bladerunner contact that 260Z guy. Or better still, go to a PIARC sprint at Phillip Island (I see you are in Vic) - he's always there - and have a chat to him. You can even touch the car and actually SEE what the $20+K has gone into.

His email address again is: Sinisha_Banjac@bigpond.com.au
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark, can't believe how many replies this thread has...

Anyways, this is on behalf of someone else...note: this is NOT mine Very Happy

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/burn.jpg

PS. Good to see the new server is active Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bwahahahaha Laughing
I love the driver!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha...I hosted it and I didn't even pick that! Laughing
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats just immature Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just posting to unsubscribe to this thread too many email post notifications grr!
rotatr
Regular

April 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile have u thought about installing a rotary?

heaps easier...less time = less labour costs

and u will be able to get a good setup for ur budget.
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Sun, 15 June 2003 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like this guy... yeah go the rotaz son... there only like 1/3 the sive of a rb26, the rb is also alot wider, and i doubt that the the engine would even get between the strut towers... also the inline 6 would be an extreemly tight fir from nose to fire wall... the ra23 celica have a hard enough time fitting 1j's so i can believe how hard it would be to fit a rb to a ta22 (smallets engine bay, correct me if im wrong)

buy a ra23, and if you can do t so cheaply fit a rb26-dett get all the custom exhaust pipes, body work, tail shafts, diff's, brakes, suspension, gearbox, piping. then come back and tell us how easy it was...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: possible to get a RB26DETT GTR into a TA22? Mon, 16 June 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
May I suggest that next time, before posted an idea onto this forum, get yourself a tape measure, measure up the engine bay of the car to want to transplant into, and then go to an importer and measure up the engine/gearbox you want to transplant.
Check for width, length, height of both engine & transmission.
A lot of conversions get ruled out this way, plus you mightn't get quite so ridiculed for ideas that won't work unless you want to spend more than a house on them.
We get a few laughs on this forum from people who don't adhere to this procedure (see above) Very Happy

Now... does anyone know where to get hold of the length (and cost) of the Toyota 5L V12?
Want to see if it'll fit into a 280ZX. Evil or Very Mad
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Big Fuel Filters?
Next Topic:Only ONE weekend till Dyno Day !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 17:42:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086050033569336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.