Toymods » Cruises and Events » Offroadin' again! Close to Sydney. 28 & 29 June

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Offroadin' again! Close to Sydney. 28 & 29 June Tue, 17 June 2003 05:22 Go to next message
The Sydney offroad club is holding its round of the NSW title at Colo, north of windsor. Its exactly 61km past windsor bridge.

Racing starts early both Sat & Sun, wrapps up about 3 on Sat, 2 on Sun.

Some 40 odd cars, trucks, utes & buggies due to be in attendance. Big round though - everyone is racing for sheep stations so there could be more entries than that.

heaps of buggys which means heaps of 20V's, ZE's, and 100 & 86kw as well as SR20's, daihatsu's, FJ20's etc.

Im not racing - putting some $$$ away for Motec so we can have a serious shot at the championship next year. and my balls still hurt from roll over last meeting... lol.
rivmasta.
  Send a private message to this user    
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Offroadin' again! Close to Sydney. 28 & 29 June Wed, 18 June 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's the deal with taking photos at these events ??

Do you need to sign on as an accredited Media official ??
I'd love to come out and take pics of the event.

_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Re: Offroadin' again! Close to Sydney. 28 & 29 June Thu, 19 June 2003 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its heaps easier if ur CAMS accredited. If not, you need to be submitting photos for a magazine or offroadracing.com.au. you also need to sign on as an official/marshall for the event, which means attending the briefing at 6.30 am sat morn! not easy. Sad its all cause of the insurance.

of course you can get some shots from the spectator area - only close to one of the big jumps.

let me know if youre still interested.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Offroadin' again! Close to Sydney. 28 & 29 June Fri, 20 June 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sound like a fun weekend
justin
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
Re: Offroadin' again! Close to Sydney. 28 & 29 June Mon, 30 June 2003 08:15 Go to previous message
The race meeting has been run and won.

1st: Buggy with SR20DET
2nd: Buggy with Subaru 1600cc
3rd: Buggy with 20valve
4th: Buggy with Suzuki 1300
5th: Desert Truck with VG30 twin turbo

Not a bad racemeeting. Had a 4AGTE blow an engine in a big cloud of oil smoke... and left behind a BIG puddle of oil... Surprising considering it was a fresh engine running only 10psi boost. Had a very exciting roll over and a couple of tree incidents... one with a buggy with a 20V that hit a tree with the left hand rear wheel.... yeah - that hurt! Ripped the chassis apart in a few spots and also ripped the transaxle open (Kombi 2ltr box) both front and rear! The navigators knee prints are now embedded in the dash.

I didnt run the race meeting as I we are sitting out for a while to get the $$$ together to put a 100kw in. It seriously SUCKED being an official and not racing!!!! Not something I want to make a habit out of!

Next year... next year.... next year we will be faster, louder and that means we can hit the trees even harder, roll over going faster, break gearboxes more often... thats gonna be fun!
Rivmasta.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sydney Round of the Australian Rally Championship: Premier Rally
Next Topic:Newcastle Cruise, Sun 22nd June NEW TIME!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 03:13:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044429302215576 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.