Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Canberra - Green early Celica liftback

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Canberra - Green early Celica liftback Mon, 24 June 2002 22:04 Go to next message
Driving home last night, I came across a dark green liftback in the Weston area - It's definately not stock mechanically, just out of curiosity, does anyone know what it's running?
  Send a private message to this user    
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
icon7.gif  Re: Canberra - Green early Celica liftback Tue, 25 June 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If that was about 9:30 or so then that'd be me Rolling Eyes It's running a 3t-gte with a ball-bearing vg30 turbo on about 14psi mounted on a custom manifold. What were you driving?

[Updated on: Tue, 25 June 2002 09:26]

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra - Green early Celica liftback Tue, 25 June 2002 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could have been about 9:30, I can't remember now - I think it was later than that though.

I was driving my supercharged mr2.
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra - Green early Celica liftback Wed, 26 June 2002 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I kind of remember driving past a dark coloured old-style mr2 along hindmarsh dr. near cooleman court (might have been black), maybe that was you. Is that with a 4agze?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra - Green early Celica liftback Wed, 26 June 2002 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, that was me, it's actually grey.

I saw you give it a bit of a serve when the lights on streeton drive changed - Your car definately has a bit of go, I was just keeping station behind you. I'm used to catching up when I nail it Smile

Oh well, the new pulley shoud be here next week...
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: Canberra - Green early Celica liftback Sat, 29 June 2002 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look forward to running into you again, nothing like being beaten to spur me on to getting the car to run better. What boost does it run stock (8psi or so)? What is the new pulley going to be able to generate?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Canberra - Green early Celica liftback Sun, 30 June 2002 09:30 Go to previous message
It's running about 10lbs at the moment, the new pulley should get it up around 14lbs or so. I'm not sure if the factory NA fuel pump will be up to the task though.

I only really got you off the line, once we were moving, it seemed pretty level - The instant torque of a ZE combined with the traction of a mr2 works pretty well off the line. Shame about the weight of the car though...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:megacruise
Next Topic:CBR Celica Group - Next meeting
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:36:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039029121398926 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.