Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 12:33 Go to next message
well how did you go? I got 43 outta 55 what ever percent that is
  Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah, you suck, i got 47 he he Very Happy
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing HAHAHAHA Laughing

U both suck, i got...wait for it...49 Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
suck it 53

bitches... Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm is this on that "Worst Driver" thing? where can I take the test Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, the "test australia" thing tonight

how gay was that high beam question?

you're technicall supposed to put your high beams on *before* you overtake someone on the highway

now there is a good way to cause an accident
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i personally thought that it tested alot of rules that could easily be replaced with common sense decisions at the time.

the test dosent really give you an indication of who is most likeley to not check their blind spot and change lanes into you, or who knows the exact point of adhesion of their cars tyres to the road in wet and dry conditions, and how long it takes to stop a car, and how your cars handling will be effected if you suddenly back of the acceleratior during a corner (not recommended in mid engined cars Very Happy)

those things i have listed i believe to be more likley do define how bad/unsafe driver you are than if you parked 10m instead of 20m away from a traffic light

(or even if you type sms while driving occasionally Laughing )
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my road rules are all made up off common sence!!!
when the person ahead of you is going to slow, sound you horn, drop back a gear, swerve out into oncoming traffic and overtake while fliping the birdy out the window!!!

UMM. so whata you guys reckon??? Rolling Eyes
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To all these crappy " test " questions , I answered "Who ever is gonig faster has the right of way"

If you don't like it then stop driving slow Laughing
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
juzzo84 wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 00:12

when the person ahead of you is going to slow, sound you horn, drop back a gear, swerve out into oncoming traffic and overtake while fliping the birdy out the window!!!

i usually use the following process for someone going to slow

A. beep.... if this dosent work

B. beep and flash repeatedly

C. overtake them, drive infront of them at least 15kph slower than they were goin.

Or if a bus puts its indicator on and starts moving at the same time whilst pulling out infront of you when your about 3m from the back of it, slam on the breaks, pull next to driver at next stop ask the driver if he would mind putting his indicator on BEFORE he starts moving next time.

bus driver goes... i did put it on before hand, which is absolute bullshit as i was watching the bus for that very reason and i had to lock up the brakes to avoid hitting the side of the bus.

park car on angle infront of bus, cutting it off badly so the bus cant go anywhere just to prove you can be as much of a
wanker as he can. then when driver chucks it in reverse to try and get away drive off.

it made me feel better anyway, stupid dickhead
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Driving tests? you youngin's....

Back in my day we didnt have driving tests, you either learnt how to drive the farm utes / tractor to the other end of the property or walked... and if something broke, you had better work out how to fix it before dinner time or you would have a very lonely nite....

Most kids drove to thier driving tests, the police werent as strict back then... those were the days.... ahhh....... Crying or Very Sad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just me, or did anyone else get owned on the parking questions? Why the f**k should you have to park at least 20m from a cross-walk, all this when you can park 1m from a fire hydrant? Hello, importance?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Wed, 18 June 2003 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 00:33

juzzo84 wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 00:12

i usually use the following process for someone going to slow

A. beep.... if this dosent work

B. beep and flash repeatedly

C. overtake them, drive infront of them at least 15kph slower than they were goin.

Or if a bus puts its indicator on and starts moving at the same time whilst pulling out infront of you when your about 3m from the back of it, slam on the breaks, pull next to driver at next stop ask the driver if he would mind putting his indicator on BEFORE he starts moving next time.

bus driver goes... i did put it on before hand, which is absolute bullshit as i was watching the bus for that very reason and i had to lock up the brakes to avoid hitting the side of the bus.

park car on angle infront of bus, cutting it off badly so the bus cant go anywhere just to prove you can be as much of a
wanker as he can. then when driver chucks it in reverse to try and get away drive off.

it made me feel better anyway, stupid dickhead

AH LANG, you and me have got it all happening my man!!! Laughing
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 18 June 2003 23:39

you're technicall supposed to put your high beams on *before* you overtake someone on the highway

Personally, I flash my high beams when I'm starting my overtaking maneuver. It warns all the other people that there's something happening.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i got 42 and i was pretty happy with that! yeah, the parking questions got me and what was with that one where there was a bus in a straight lane turning left and a car in the left turn lane going straight. I said both cars are at fault because they were in the wrong lanes but they said the bus was alright? anyway, it doesn't matter i am a better driver than mark skaife and wayne gardner! Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What was with that? I understand that the car was in a lane designated to turn and going straight, but bus/truck whatever it was, the arrow marked on the lane said they had to go straight...or was I just not paying enough attention?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha
I suck ! 32/55 Rolling Eyes
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 11:54

draven wrote on Wed, 18 June 2003 23:39

Personally, I flash my high beams when I'm starting my overtaking maneuver. It warns all the other people that there's something happening.

wouldnt your indicator indicate your about to overtake?
assuming the car infront is paying any attention whatsoever to you.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Wed, 18 June 2003 23:56

i personally thought that it tested alot of rules that could easily be replaced with common sense decisions at the time.

The problem with a lot of people that I share the F3 with in the morning is that they are completely incapable of making common sense decisions Mad Let alone following any road rules.
There are signs all along the way that read "keep left unless overtaking" and "slow vehicles use left lane". This generally means that one can pass 90% of cars on the left side. Brake jabbing is mandatory and even better still, drive with you left foot on the brake so that no-one can actually tell when you do decide to apply the brake.
The bird is the best hand signal invented, and your high beam is also for letting the Mc Goo driver coming in the opposite direction that his high beams are a little uncomfortable to look at.
I could go on but I like Juzzo's ideas for passing Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me gets 52/55...

Some of those I got were flukes tho... How the hell am I supposed to know Victorian road rules???
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know about you guys, but I thought some of the questions were SOOO irrelevance / ambiguous, like the braking power of the truck.

I mean, what sort of truck? How loaded? What condition are the brakes in? Its like saying I have a car, how long will it take to stop (oops forgot to tell you it was an F1 car Razz )

lol I'm just antsy cause I only got 38 Very Happy

Cheers
Wilbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Thu, 19 June 2003 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 12:11

What was with that? I understand that the car was in a lane designated to turn and going straight, but bus/truck whatever it was, the arrow marked on the lane said they had to go straight...or was I just not paying enough attention?

yeah you were correct. That is exactly what i thought and when they read out the answer no one even cared that it was wrong?

strange
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And people had a big sad about the roundabout question....hello? Priorities?
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didn't do the test but did see a few questions. i came to the following conclusions:
1) test completly irelivent to the ability to drive a car, ie not many give way questions and too much general knowledge stuff
2) somebody should have taken out and shot all those young girls who thought it was a great old laugh to have accidents when they have clearly caused them.
3)some questions were about signs i have never seen/heard of since i dont come from the sydney/melbourne metro area, this obviously makes me a bad driver!
4)WTF would that woman who won the car choose the vectra for?? surely you would have chosen the statesman, its surely the top of the range (hence most expensive)
5) i really cant stand eddy maguire!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The new Vectra is about $50k...that why Very Happy
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but new statesmans are 70K!!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No they're not, they're just over $50k
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Fri, 20 June 2003 09:40

justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 12:11

yeah you were correct. That is exactly what i thought and when they read out the answer no one even cared that it was wrong?

strange

Ok I guess I must of been more asleep than i thought watching this.... but I don't recall any arrows marked on the road stating the lane direction and to my knowedge large vehicles ie Trucks... are allowed to take 2 lanes to turn if the have to??

Maybe I need to go back to driving school?
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but it had the gen 3 and twin dvd screens, im sure that they are worth more than just over 50k on the road.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JDM hachi wrote on Fri, 20 June 2003 14:53

Quote:

but it had the gen 3 and twin dvd screens, im sure that they are worth more than just over 50k on the road.

I'm gonna have to do this... sorry guys,
The stateman never came out with a Gen 3 engine.... or Dvd screens. the cloest thing you'll find to a disc is the 6 disc in-dash CD changer.
It only has a 152kw 3.8 litre ECOTEC engine.. RRP $53,490

The Caprice on the other hand...
Does have DVD with LCD screens for 2 rear passengers, remote control and remote headphones.
does have a Gen 3 engine... RRP $72,990 but is also available with the 3.8lire ECOTEC engine.. RRP $68,250
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I thought when I read the Holden site. All of those cars in the spec they were shown were around $50k.
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are the vectra's/statesman's made? If the Vectra is imported and the Statesman is the locally made one, then maybe she just didn't want the hassle of changing the Statesman's brake lights and head lights that break before she even gets it home. Who wants the lady to be driving a big-arse statesman around anyway?
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Fri, 20 June 2003 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
caprice, yeah thats the one, all i can remember is them saying it had the v8 and the dvd, i dont know about you guys but who says that yo have to keep the car, i would have asked for the most expensive one then sold it before there was 50km on the clock, 70K could go a long way towards another car.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Sat, 21 June 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
High Beams: [QLD]

However, if the driver is overtaking a vehicle, the driver may briefly
switch the headlights from low-beam to high-beam immediately before the
driver begins to overtake the vehicle.

You all should have gotten full marks, and actually not needed that test if you just downloaded a PDF from the transport department website for your state that details the road rules.

EDIT: Did you all know you could use your hazard lights in fog? Probably not. Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 21 June 2003 13:53]

Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: How good a driver are you? ** Driving test** Mon, 23 June 2003 02:21 Go to previous message
70K for a HOlden O.O with GM running gear. You've got to be kidding. Hachi was right 70K would get you a hell of a better car.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:finding stuff at wreckers?
Next Topic:1987 Celica Information and Feedback.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:54:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081110000610352 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.