Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  TA22 Bobtail spoiler - NOW ONLY $100 Mon, 16 June 2003 01:52 Go to next message
As New TA22 Bobtail Spoiler.

Black plastic, Never fitted to a car - Still has the original Sticker on it.

$150.

Now Only $100. Shocked

0416 181 284

[Updated on: Tue, 24 June 2003 00:27]

Send a private message to this user    
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Mon, 16 June 2003 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HHMmmmmm ... Interesting... Do I go for the weird racy look? LOL

Looks good on the showy!!
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Mon, 16 June 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been looking for one of these if its still here in 2 weeks its mine!

Daniel
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Mon, 16 June 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this the one that goes over the boot lock? Is this an original GT item or aftermarket?

[Updated on: Mon, 16 June 2003 08:26]

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Mon, 16 June 2003 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have a pic?

daniel
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Mon, 16 June 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes pics would be nice if posible.

and will u post/transport it down to Melbourne? at my expense ofcourse.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Mon, 16 June 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have a digital camera so I'll try get pics soon as I can guys !

Not sure on the lock I have a fibreglass one as well somewhere but I can't find the bastard. I know that one went around the lock I cannot remember how this one goes ! I'll try check it out tonight

This will be a bugger of a thing to try and post I am pretty sure Australia POst will say its too big ??
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Tue, 17 June 2003 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate it when they say its too big Embarassed
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Tue, 17 June 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it like this?

oh and cool1 were you the one asking for pics of that dark blue ra before?

Attachment: 1110025.jpg
(Size: 54.54KB, Downloaded 122 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 17 June 2003 01:11]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Tue, 17 June 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that was me.
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Tue, 17 June 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm i think i prefer the one that went around the lock..
so could u pls check which version u are selling?

haha yeah i am sure the posties will not even let u into the office with that. if i deside to buy the wing, would it be too troublesome if i get a courier to come pick it up from your place on a week day?

thanks.

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon4.gif  Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Tue, 17 June 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK just got the bugger out of the shed ! It does NOT go around the boot lock.

Judging by the curve it sits higher up the boot than the other type so does not have too. Scrote gets home around 4am so I'll try hae a look before work. I Am still chasing a digital camera to get some pics.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Tue, 17 June 2003 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK Smile

This TA22 has the same spoiler as the one I have Smile Only mine is still in unused unpainted condition.

http://users.senet.com.au/~mezz/rob4.jpg

dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Tue, 17 June 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the exact spoiler. Smile

http://www.hot.net.au/~sydenham/DCP_0004_1.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2003 11:48]

inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm... thought that white celica looked familiar!?!? Very Happy Very Happy

As a rough guide I paid $280 for both front and back spoilers, thats including installation and painting. The rear spoiler definately changes the appearance on the rear of celicas, the reason why i ditched it was because i wanted the original celica curved boot back, but i still reckon it looked faster with the spoiler on.

Mine was thick plastic, never had a problem with it, apart from the front spoiler cracking after hitting a cat at about 40kmphr in the wet. For those concerned no real damage was done to my car Rolling Eyes . Note: Cats fly further when hit with plastic spoiler.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks but no thanks i wanted one like in the pic i posted. thanks anyway

Daniel
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyman,

will u be selling the other fibre glass one?
i think i prefer the one that went around the lock.
does any1 have pics of that 1? i think ive seen it once, but dont remember where from. Rolling Eyes

thanks.

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sure that im a real fan of the whole ta22 body kit buisness!!
not really my thing Very Happy
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know juzzo.

that was what i thought too. but when i saw the front wing on a 2tg i was soo amazed cause it made the car look soo much meaner!

although i lov the stock look of the ta22, i feel the back of the car is the most boring. that is y i am lookin out for a rear wing for the back, but of course it must retain the classic look of the car.

I was thinkin of finding a compatible wing that would go on the top of the rear window. but i have not found anything yet. If any1 knows of something lik that plz tell mee. i havent seen it on a 22 yet. only on the more modern celicas.

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, im not really keen on body kits, my theory is just to make it go fast and slam it on its guts, the 22's look great sitting down low to the ground
justin Smile
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOGking wrote on Wed, 18 June 2003 23:00

Toyman,

will u be selling the other fibre glass one?
i think i prefer the one that went around the lock.
does any1 have pics of that 1? i think ive seen it once, but dont remember where from. Rolling Eyes

thanks.

i posted a pic of one further up in the thread. from what i understand he doesnt have an original one.

Daniel
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so the original one is not the one that surrounds the boot lock??
justin
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oo man.. now i am really confused! Laughing

i think there is a few versions that went around the lock. its probally not a original but it still looked nice.

the one u posted had toyota on it, but the other one i saw did not, it was plan and simple.

well anyways.. toyman said he had another 1 that he couldnt find in his shed. sooo i was just wondering what the other 1 looked like and weather it is for sale aswell.

thanks.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Wed, 18 June 2003 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great, now im confused!!!!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler -$150 Thu, 19 June 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

There are 2 basic Bobtail spoiler designs that I know off (Altho I have seen/owned 3 different ones)

The one for sale in the thread is pictured above. It is plastic and was an aftermarket part for the car.

The main other one is in the first link/pic posted up. That Toyota writing is most likely a sticker. They look ALOT like a Torana rear bobtail ! I do have one, its fibreglass and needs repairs cause the mounting holes are bigger that I think they should be. I have to find it and am not really sure I wanna sell it.

As for the Original one....... The only FACTORY spoiler was the GT front Chin lip to the best of my knowledge. No rear spoilers were "Original" or factory AFAIK.

Oh I would consider a swaping the rear Bobtail for a front Spoiler ! (GT or otherwise)

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler - NOW ONLY $100 Tue, 24 June 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price Reduced ! Only $100 !!! This is a "as New" unused Bobtail spoiler ?
BAD22
Regular

April 2003
Re: TA22 Bobtail spoiler - NOW ONLY $100 Tue, 24 June 2003 02:32 Go to previous message
TOYMAN: there are a few of us who are currently trying to get some front spoilers from TOYSPORT but we are not too keen on the shipping costs. Can u do anything about this?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbosmart wastegate
Next Topic:Toyota Crown Custom Wagon Parts Manual - $50
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 00:46:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061700344085693 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.