Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 08:12 Go to next message
well thats exactly what it sounds like!
my 4ac is running extremly rough like its dropped a pot or something and its also pumping heaps of white smoke out the exaust. when it first starts it sounds and feels like its only on 2 cylinders then it gets a little better with a bit less smoke, and eventualy it feels like its back on four but i still get smaller puffs of white smoke when i take off. any ideas? i seriosly can afford to have the car off the road so id realy like to know whats wrong with it.

thanks

craig
  Send a private message to this user    
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my last motor (not a 2ac) used to do that

it could be a number of things

but my engine blew and caught on fire simultaneously cos i didnt get it fixed

so i suggest you do something. ie a mechanic
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
caught fire? err dont want that! ill be getting it to a mechanic asap and driving it as little as possible. i just want an idea on what i might be up for!
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds a bit like a crook carb, shouldn't be too hard/expensive to solve. As for a flat four in a corolla, that sounds possibly difficult - measure it and see I guess... Evil or Very Mad
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
White smoke out the exhaust indicates water being burnt doesnt it ?

cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
water burnt sounds posible cause it seems to be using a little but not heaps, would that cause a severe miss fire?
tafebum
Regular

December 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My sprinter had a very bad miss fire/flatspot a couple of weeks ago, blew a little smoke as well, i took it to a mechanic and he suggested changing the points and plugs plus a tune, $65 later all is fine, runns a lot better too.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
HAHAHAHA Thu, 19 June 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMFAO!!
Ummmm sorry to break it to you guys but....

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU BURN WATER?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It is impossible to do!!

PS: I know what you guys mean, just stirring!
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf.....i burn water all the time

y do u think fire-fighters use water geez.....water helps speed up the combustion process so the fire dies out quicker

Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was making a cuppa the other day and had to start again because I burnt the water Smile
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Browndog wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 21:40

I was making a cuppa the other day and had to start again because I burnt the water Smile

Laughing Laughing
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys... I'm sticking to my guns!!!!

YOU CAN'T BURN WATER!!!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I beg to differ

when you heat water to (4000 degrees? anyone know the actual figure?) the heat is enough to break the water up into hydrogen and oxygen atoms.
hydrogen is explosive, and oxygen accelerates fires.

so waht you get is a MASSIVE explosion.

which is why firefighters wont use water on a lot of large industrial fires, because if it gets hot enough all they do is risk blowing themselves up
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is partly true - except I think it happens at lower than 4000 degrees - after all, the sun's only supposed to manage 6000!

Firies also shy away from water on the tricky stuff because sometimes it can serve to only shift whatever's burning around and make the problem worse - e.g. oil fires. Instead they use something to smother the flame seat, starving it of oxygen.

Burning water? Of course it's possible - is anyone gonna sign up for my cooking classes? Very Happy

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if thats true then what do they use? soapy water???

and wouldnt firestorms be that hot?

which would mean those water bomber planes would be blowing themselves up.

plus dosent water turn into steam, and isnt splitting the atoms apart from each other fission, and i thought you needed to use electrolysis to split up water?

<i could be very wrong didnt really pay much attention in chem>
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know you would need a fusion reaction to generate a fission reaction to split the atoms apart. So I guess the heat will be present but not sure how high a fusion reaction gets but its s#%tloads.
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fusion temps are up in the millions at least.
The surface of the sun is reckoned to be about 6,000degC, but the corona (no relation) is again up in the millions.
This is how on Earth each square metre recieves ~1500 watts of heat energy even after the sunlight has travelled ~150,000kms to get here.
Yes, water will decompose if heated enough, and it'll break up into hydrogen & oxygen and so be highly explosive. But it's at a higher temperature than any conventional fire can reach. I don't know what the temp is (It'd vary with pressure anyway) but I'd guess a few thousand degrees at least.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*SIGH* Water being broken down into hydrogen and oxygen is not considered to be BURNT WATER and this was my whole point from the beinging!! You are just changing it structure ie. breaking the bonds that hold it together, ionic bond if I remember correctly for H2O!

As for fireighters not using water on industrial fires because of risk of explosion from H2O being heated up enough to break the bonds and producing highly explosive Hydrogen and fire fuel Oxygen is just bollocks!!

MANI: Water is used in fires to, SLOW down the combustion process by freeing it of energy by the cooling process of evaporation. In fires that can't have water splashed on them ie. oil based fires, water will just push the fire in different directions and splash the flames in different directions, thus possibly giving the perception that it is making more explosions!

These types of fires need the oxygen to be removed out of the equasion to stop the fire, usually done by smothering it with foam, and some cases dry chem.

REMEMBER: Fire is composed of three elements FUEL + OXYGEN + HEAT! Remove one of these and you stop the fire!

Lang: as for pumping Soapy water onto a oil fire...... CAN YOU SAY ..... ACME IMITATION NAPALM !!!! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2003 13:22]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MMmmmm... soap flakes in petrol.

c'mon, who wasn't a budding pyro earlier in life? Smile
some of us just had a bit of a chemistry background to make it more fun Smile

I know it's not technically burning water, but it's close enough Razz

I'm suprised the surface of the sun is only 6000... hell, thermite burns at over 2500! (which is another great product, if you know how to make it Wink)
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 23:26

MMmmmm... soap flakes in petrol.

c'mon, who wasn't a budding pyro earlier in life? Smile
some of us just had a bit of a chemistry background to make it more fun Smile

I know it's not technically burning water, but it's close enough Razz

I'm suprised the surface of the sun is only 6000... hell, thermite burns at over 2500! (which is another great product, if you know how to make it Wink)

Budding pyro... yeah I was!! Rolling Eyes

OMG.... THERMITE???? hahhaha.... is there any young bloke out there that didn't come across a copy of the Terrorists Handbook, Jolly Rodger Cookbook and Anarchist's Handbook!! LMFAO!!!! Very Happy
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=SPEEDCORE wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 23:19
Lang: as for pumping Soapy water onto a oil fire...... CAN YOU SAY ..... ACME IMITATION NAPALM !!!! Very Happy [/quote]

i was being stupid, not asking a question Smile
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

SMARTASS! Wink
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tight Laughing
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting back to the original topic, it sounds a lot like a blown headgasket to me. Sad
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Thu, 19 June 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you guys should change the name of this thread to

OT: can you burn water?

Smile
1G-GE KE35
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Fri, 20 June 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE92_Hatzi wrote on Fri, 20 June 2003 00:52

I know you would need a fusion reaction to generate a fission reaction to split the atoms apart. So I guess the heat will be present but not sure how high a fusion reaction gets but its s#%tloads.

You are describing a Hydrogen bomb but the wrong way around - you need a fission reaction(splitting atoms ie conventional A Bomb) to generate the heat/pressure needed to start the fusion of deuterium (heavy hydrogen) used in hydrogen bombs.

People are working nuclear fusion that doesn't require an A bomb to start, when this happens (and I hope it does soon) we will have a new source of plentiful, clean energy - 1L of seawater (containing heavy hydrogen) would power a large city for quite some time Smile

The sun does it all on its own (doesn't need any A bombs.. Razz) as its mass provides all the pressure and heat needed for nuclear fusion of elements all the way to iron (eventually)

ahhh you gotta love nuclear phyisics Very Happy
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wrx motor in a sprinter Fri, 20 June 2003 09:39 Go to previous message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 23:19

MANI: Water is used in fires to, SLOW down the combustion process by freeing it of energy by the cooling process of evaporation. In fires that can't have water splashed on them ie. oil based fires, water will just push the fire in different directions and splash the flames in different directions, thus possibly giving the perception that it is making more explosions!

Very Happy

ok seriously ....it was plain obvious i wasnt being serious

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Would RA Celica Disc or MA61 (Rear) fit the AE86?
Next Topic:What cams for turbo 3t/2tg ?!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:23:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052490234375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.