Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What AE86 grill is this?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
What AE86 grill is this? Fri, 20 June 2003 01:39 Go to next message
Hello, anyone know what grill this is on the AE86?
http://members.optusnet.com.au/helenfitz/ae86current.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: What AE86 grill is this? Fri, 20 June 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Japanese Levin grill, fog lights inside.

Dont know if its Zenki, Genki or Kouki. Laughing
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What AE86 grill is this? Fri, 20 June 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
afaik,it's a zenki levin grille,with the driving light option.

looks damn good too. why do you ask?

Justin...
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: What AE86 grill is this? Fri, 20 June 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please tell me the reason behind the name enquiry is something wonderful and great an all.

i think i've worked it out!!!!

you are going to fabricate this grill right, make a whole batch Sell it on the forum for 150 dollars each and everyone is going to be HAPPY!!! Smile Smile Smile
You are just embarassed because you don't konw the name of it, and so advertising was going to be tuff..
But now you know the name, you are going to have it ready by next week. And pretty soon every1 will be driving around with this fabulous levin grill!!!
am I right, am I right????? hehehehhehe
Smile Smile Smile

but anyways.. back to reality. No harm in wishful thinking Smile

rock on. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 20 June 2003 11:04]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What AE86 grill is this? Sat, 21 June 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just love the style of that grill.. Would like to see one on my AE86.

Bit hard trying to find one when you don't even know the name.. So thanks all for letting me know what it is!

Cheers
Joel
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What AE86 grill is this? Sun, 22 June 2003 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wheels aren't too bad either - what are they?
Sprinter
Regular

September 2002
Re: What AE86 grill is this? Mon, 23 June 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are Bills new 16's with spacers (old FWD wheels).

Denis
Hachi6
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: What AE86 grill is this? Tue, 01 July 2003 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anybody ever heard of the levin grill that opens and closes acording to engine temp? It can be locked either open or closed or set to open according to engine temp. I'll try to get some pics in the next week.
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What AE86 grill is this? Wed, 02 July 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hachi6 wrote on Wed, 02 July 2003 05:13

Has anybody ever heard of the levin grill that opens and closes acording to engine temp? It can be locked either open or closed or set to open according to engine temp. I'll try to get some pics in the next week.

I'll go one better than having heard about one,I have one sitting in my hallway. they're a cool idea,but are pretty damn heavy,and a little complex in operation. I took mine off as it was missing one of the mounting brackets. I have the hoses and actuator needed to drive it,but am somewhat lacking in enthusiasm to get it out and make up some custom brackets so it can go back on properly supported. one day...

Justin...
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What AE86 grill is this? Thu, 03 July 2003 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what grille it is!

It's MINE! Smile

But seriously, it's the grille that has the single slot and small lights on the ends. I don't know what it's off, but it needs different headlight brackets to make it all fit okay.
They're pretty rare in Aus, this is the only one I've seen and i got it off a guy who got it on a Japanese front-cut import and wanted to swap it for an Aussie grille but couldn't find one in Aus.
I'd been searching for that single-slot one for over a year, and he emailed me and asked if I wanted to swap them over.
YES!!!
So the deal was done, and swapped them over for him and we were both happy.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What AE86 grill is this? Thu, 03 July 2003 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A grille that opens and closes seems like a bit of gimmick to say the least. I don't believe anyone in this country will have issues (all things being equal - like the car does not have a rooted thermo etc) issues with their cars running too coolly.

The more air the merrier. I am surprised no one has tried to make a copy of those Levin grills (with or without lights).

Cheers
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What AE86 grill is this? Fri, 04 July 2003 02:29 Go to previous message
Youngy wrote on Thu, 03 July 2003 17:41

I am surprised no one has tried to make a copy of those Levin grills (with or without lights).

Well ... Ken Streeter's got my cracked one ATM ... Damn you Aussie Post. Mad

If anything eventuates, I'll let everyone know soon but having looked at the grill, I'll say that they would be hard to replicate in fibreglass which is why Ken's been taking a while. If successful, they'll be still opaque but nothing to stop you from painting it matt black and sticking on a Levin sticker then innit. Confused

I'll update ppl as soon as I hear back from Ken.

Yeah ... air slot grill can be a hassle if it's not working - but I've grown used to opening / closing mine manually. Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Your choice FWD or RWD ?
Next Topic:Drag Racing Game
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:07:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004951000213623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.