Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

icon10.gif  1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Wed, 18 June 2003 14:13 Go to next message
Hey i am 15,my name is Steve... i nearly finished my first project car, 1979 just waiting for the paint Razz Celica LT2000, or in the US known as the GT, except it has a different engine. Mine, being the LT has an 18r-c. A very nice one at that Razz Surprised Twisted Evil
Its been a long 8 months and if you go have a look at my Very Happy website u can see the i went through with this baby Cool
ahhh well its all gonna be worth it hay Embarassed
Have a look Mad
www.wn.com.au/leky Very Happy Crying or Very Sad Very Happy
Yeh cmon fellas
heres what i need. i need opinions on the best way to go about getting the interior redone, the colour scheme etc,
if you look at the pics the whole car is soon to be the same colour as the engine bay
Ford Venom Red, so yeh
cmon i need all the help i can get!
cheers
cya!
  Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Wed, 18 June 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um may possible options, what your budget???
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Wed, 18 June 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a bad site either, wish i had some idea on how to create such a thing (the site that is)
justin Very Happy
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Wed, 18 June 2003 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well, for one thing, I was still playing with large sticks at teh age of 14, so your miles ahead of the game...

read lots, talk lots, and you'll have more ideas than you can imagine...

keep up the good work, yours mates must be jealous.. as for ideas, seen as though its your first project, I'd try to get the engine running / very cheaply reconditioned in the back yard... try finding a Haynes Project / Maintanence Manual ... Just have fun tinkering... not everything is going to cost money, try cleaning everything you can reach, that should take up a few weeks, and get it running... as for the interior and so fourth dont be afraid of it's battle scars...

battle scars earn respect... you just have to find the right friends... Razz

Tinker on !!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Wed, 18 June 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like its comming along nicely, well done.

there are a few pics of darrens RA40 coupe here but that was a RA40a model,

http://www.toymods.org.au/Dyno_Day_3/1GGTE_RA40.ht ml

there are a few RA40b's around but they are all liftbacks, like the one below..... sexy....... and the car looks good too Laughing

http://www.toymods.org.au/cgi-bin/photo/index.cgi? album=/Events/Dyno+Day+5&mode=viewpicture& picture=Paul_DSCF0023.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2003 02:45]

rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

icon10.gif  Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Wed, 18 June 2003 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed Shit guys u are quik, thanx for the response
hey boudan, i already have the engine running mint, rebuilt it 6 months ago Razz lol
it runs beautiful Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
im so happy with it it doesnt miss a beat, but the weather at the moment is far too cold to spray the makeover, so what can ya do aye?
just keep the baby rugged up till the storm passes Razz
hehe, so where abouts are all these meetings for hte celicas made? when mines finished i wanna get involved, doesnt seem like there is n e one with the same celica as me that turns up tho?
i luv my celica, it may be one of the ugliest ever made, but nowdays because everyone scrapped them and wrecked them...they are becomming rare, and im proud of that Smile
My budget on my car is pretty low, i not worried about power for the moment seeing that i have to get my licence first, but after all the work thats gone into my celica because i did it all myself...i dont think im eva gonna wanna sell it Smile
anyways guys
drive on Very Happy
Ohhh and look on my website
cheers Very Happy
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Wed, 18 June 2003 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Justin, what celica you got under your roof at the moment?
i have a HUGE celica pic collection on my computer of all the nice old skewl ones i could find
its awesome, id like to add more RESTORATION pics to my bundle
keep up the replyz fellaz
cya!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Thu, 19 June 2003 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work dude! i wish I was working on cars when I was 14! Smile

Anyway, I happen to have the same wheels as your dad's RX-7, except I got my center bits stolen, well, one of them, the other fell off somewhere here in Sydney.

This is a big time shot in the dark, but you wouldn't have any idea of where to get replacement middle bits (the caps over the wheel nuts) would you Smile

I signed your guestbook Razz
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Thu, 19 June 2003 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think Confused i've ever seen Cool so many emoticons in one Laughing sentence before Shocked or in any post Embarassed

rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Thu, 19 June 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rob, oi man i have no idea about the centre of your wheels hay. Its my sisters RX-7 and thats how she bought it Smile
as you see it.
i dont really like the look of them on the mazda myself, but hey thats jsut an opinion Smile
n e ways
thanx for ya posting
cya l8a
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Thu, 19 June 2003 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve, i have a ta22 celica running a 2tgeu/3t hybrid, with microtech computer and 3sge injectors.
justin
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Thu, 19 June 2003 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, swing me some pics of ya car...im getting ready to do the Insane Celica Collection on my webpage, and ill put yours as a special Very Happy
if u want
hehe
yeh i know mines a bit of a mess at the moment...but its RUST FREE, engine runs awesome, and if u looked at hte pics on my site of under the bonnet u would see that...
EVERYONE look at PAGE 6!!!
its got all the new pics
yeh
n e ways
have fun celica gooers, i look forward to getting involved in the club Embarassed Razz Mad Laughing Cool Confused Shocked Surprised Sad Smile Very Happy Crying or Very Sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

icon2.gif  Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Fri, 20 June 2003 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi steve... your car is starting to look great.
I can help you on your bild up, What you like to know ??
I built up my RA40 over 3 years and still going...
And cost of the car is now up around $22,000. Shocked
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Fri, 20 June 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Sean, hows it goin havent spoken to you in a while
shit man? how the hell did u get an RA40 to be worth 20,000 smackers Very Happy
how much have you spend on the fair lady????
bugga aye i have seen it b4 but i neva thought it was working up to that price
shit me Razz
well, basicly...this is waht i need opinions on :D:
the whole car is going to be the same colour as the engine bay, Ford 2003 Venom Red.
Now, does n e one think the torana slr5000 flared guards *riveted style* would look good on my celica? i have seen them on a blue one and they look FAT AS Very Happy
haha
ummm and also, whats your opinion on the interior?
im goin for black with Red trim and under the bonnet im going to spray the aircleaner Red, and that will do untill i get my new engine etc Razz
but yeh..i have a long time to go and i wanna make this car as good as it can be, coz there arnet many of them in good condition left...
they may not be the sexiest celica but i luv em n e wayz Razz
cya!
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Fri, 20 June 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vermin ra40 wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 09:45

i luv my celica, it may be one of the ugliest ever made, but...

Hi buddy, good luck with ur conversion, etc. I've only seen 1 of those LT2000 celica's..it was black and in mint condition on the road and it was bloody beautiful!

I'm not even a celica fan, so it can't be THAT ugly!?
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Fri, 20 June 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, where about was this black celica????
hmmmm i cant wait to get my ceelica licenced, then i can do wateva i want with it Very Happy siiik
hell fun
i wanna get all guards n shit for it
i wanna WORK it
Very Happy
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Fri, 20 June 2003 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You said
Quote:

Now, does n e one think the torana slr5000 flared guards *riveted style* would look good on my celica

Torana SLR500 gards are the thing of the past...so 80s Laughing

you said
Quote:

ummm and also, whats your opinion on the interior?
im goin for black with Red trim

That sounds nice black & red Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Fri, 20 June 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually all this talk about the LT2000, I remember I drove one down in Latrobe, Tassie aboiut 5 years ago. It was a hatchback though, but it had the square lights if I remember.

it was friends of mine, and I nearly stacked it over a little bridge 'cause i wasn't expecting all this gravel right at the bridge!

I thought it was the best car ever then and I so wanted one....

...well now I have a Celica all of my own Smile stick at it dude!
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Fri, 20 June 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, yeh u guys are gr8, i wanna meet use all at one of the toymods meetings or sommin
would b hell cool
n e one know how to get a site more publicly noticed?
i want more cleica owners to see my website Sad
ah well
catcha!
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: 1979 Celica Project Nearing Completion, Any opinions at all! see my site Sun, 29 June 2003 15:44 Go to previous message
Vermin ra40 wrote on Fri, 20 June 2003 22:53

Hey, where about was this black celica????
hmmmm i cant wait to get my ceelica licenced, then i can do wateva i want with it Very Happy siiik
hell fun
i wanna get all guards n shit for it
i wanna WORK it
Very Happy

hi, the lt2000 celica was driving near moore park in Sydney.....a bit far from you! Razz
but damn was it nice! Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hillclimb pics
Next Topic:70-79 Celica Owners In Perth!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:32:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057849884033203 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.