Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon4.gif  GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Sat, 21 June 2003 07:05 Go to next message
There is a guy in the US taking a group buy on 30mm Roll Centre Adjusting blocks. Check the thread here:

http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t= 1247&start=0

Whiteline make a similar 25mm one here in a kit with bolts for ~$200aud, but these ones (block only) are only about $60US +$10US for a 4-6 ground delivery or $22US for airmail (one week) That's about $110aud all up ground delivery!!

Anyone else interested in some too? Postage would come down a bit if we ordered a bunch at the same time and split them up over here. I've never organised a group buy before so don't know how to go about it. Paypal genereally charges $5 to covert to USD, but I guess I could take people's deposits and then just do one big paypal. Don't know how to go about posting off to different people though or charging for postage.

They are for A6 Supras and Celicas, but I believe that the ones whiteline sells suit an Ae86 etc too. Can anyone confirm how similar the lower strut/balljoint is on these cars?

Any thoughts? Anyone else interested?
More info on the ones Whiteline make can be seen here:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/215_KCA 363.pdf

and also go to
http://www.whiteline.com.au/store/ and type in "KCA363"

Send a private message to this user    
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Sat, 21 June 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In case anyone wants to know what RCAs do (and hasn't looked at the pdf) here is a quote:

"KCA363 - Roll Centre Adjuster Kit - is highly
recommended for lowered applications. By raising the roll
centre close to original height, vehicle geometry,
dynamics and steering are greatly improved, and body roll
reduced, all increasing cornering and straight line
handling performance."
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Sun, 22 June 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The whiteline ones suit an ra28, will the ones these guys are talking about also suit or are they talking about later celicas and supras? If they'd suit my 28 I'd be really interested in picking up a set - it'd be great if you could organise something. Cheers, Chris.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Sun, 22 June 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I honestly don't know. In fact, I'm not sure if I will get them for myself at all now. I have been discussing this on the OCC group, and apparently you really have to use them with short-stroke dampers or, on full droop, you run into problems...

"...the reason why fitting ... RCA requires shorter shock OPEN length is
that the steering arm inner ball joint (rack end) does not have enough
articulation to allow for this extra rotation at FULL DROOP.

You can try this if you like on your RA29 by raising the front and
supporting on safety chassis stands, then crack and remove the outer
steering-tie-rod end, and then see how much further you can push it
down. When we did this test, we found only an extra 10-15mm of extra
movement."
(Whiteline, Jan 17 2003)

The group buy thread makes no mention of this Sad
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Sun, 22 June 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've changed my mind again. Very Happy Check the group buy thread to see some more discussion as well as a good diagram of how these things work. While some people think having non-shortened sturt inserts is a problem, a lot of others don't as the droop thing will only happen when on a hoist, and the control arm will sit on the strut bar anyway.
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Mon, 23 June 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'd still be keen, if we could be sure what they'd suit, especially since whitline's are 25mm and my car's lowered 35mm. Not sure how interested those guys are on that forum though Rolling Eyes See how you go though, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Cheers, Chris.
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Mon, 23 June 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the RA40 and AE86 and some older corolla RCA's share the same strut to steering arm bolt spacing. The RA60/MA60 are different with 80mm bolt spacing, meaning they wont fit. With respect to thickness, its simple really. the RCA needs to be thick enough to return the lower wishbone to its original angle to the ground, once the car is lowered. there is no magic at all!!!!!!.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Mon, 23 June 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I'm confused, because Whiteline list the SAME part number.. KCA363.. for the RA65 AND the ae86! Doesn't make sense!

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GROUP BUY: Roll Centre Adjusters for A6 Celica/Supras & maybee Ae86s etc too Sun, 29 June 2003 06:47 Go to previous message
Given the lack of interest and the fact I can't confirm what other models these RCAS will fit (i have nothing to do with the group buy) I am going to just order a set for myself.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Series 6 RX7 Seats (SOLD)
Next Topic:MANUAL PARTS FOR 1992 CELICA SX FOR SALE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:54:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065720081329346 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.