Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fudge
Regular

July 2002

fuel for 4agze Sat, 21 June 2003 02:33 Go to next message
just a simple question i HOPE someone can answer Smile

what kind of fuel should you run a '88 4agze on? can you run one on normal unleaded without damaging it or only premium? cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: fuel for 4agze Sat, 21 June 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was made to run on 100 Octane in Japan, so in AUS I would suggest putting nothing in it than a 98 Octane fuel (Mobil Synergy or BP Ultimate).
fudge
Regular

July 2002

Re: fuel for 4agze Sat, 21 June 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know that the second version of the 4agze required it, but are you sure about the first version?
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: fuel for 4agze Sat, 21 June 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first version was also a release in Japan not AUS so it will be the same deal
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: fuel for 4agze Sat, 21 June 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i wired up my gze, i recall seeing that some of them actually had a fuel selection switch (i think it was possibly the american version) which would allow it to run on standard unleaded/premium.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: fuel for 4agze Sun, 22 June 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was probably a switch for advancing/retarding the timing. either way your better off running the higher octane stuff.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 June 2003 07:21]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: fuel for 4agze Sun, 22 June 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seriously if your gunna even bother having a performance motor you should run the best fuel available. at 10cents more a litre you shouldnt be worried about the cost, if you are, you shouldnt have got a motor with power.
fudge
Regular

July 2002

Re: fuel for 4agze Sun, 22 June 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem i have is getting pulp. i have to drive about 30 mins to get some. was wondering if it would be ok to run ulp if i dont have enough fuel to get to a servo with pulp. i figured with the lower comp than the 2nd gze and knock sensor i could get away with it Smile
fudge
Regular

July 2002

Re: fuel for 4agze Sun, 22 June 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem i have is getting pulp. i have to drive about 30 mins to get some. was wondering if it would be ok to run ulp if i dont have enough fuel to get to a servo with pulp. i figured with the lower comp than the 2nd gze and knock sensor i could get away with it Smile
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: fuel for 4agze Sun, 22 June 2003 08:43 Go to previous message
If you really dont have a choice at the time then i would only put in enough to get me to a servo to get some premium, but if you use normal unleaded, carry some Octane Booster with you in your car to use with the normal unleaded.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc
Next Topic:84 supra rearend swap
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 14:06:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054121017456055 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.