Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Finally got my new rims!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 04:25 Go to next message
Picked 'em up a couple of weeks ago....

15" X 7" Performance Superlights. they look a little bit like Watanabe's. Wink

Got some nice Falken Azenis ST-115 195/50/15 rubber on em too... Evil or Very Mad

WOOHOO! Im so happy!!! Very Happy The car handles like you wouldn't beleive now!!! Acceleration is a bit better too thanks to the new wheels lighter weight (two of the new wheels weigh the same as ONE of the old 17"s i used to have on) and also due to a slightly smaller rolling diameter.

http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/images/mr20v_Dcp_1344.jpg

http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/images/mr20v_Dcp_1357.jpg

http://www.fastfoursforumscarclub.com/images/mr20v_Dcp_1355.jpg

well???

comments?? Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod tough Nod
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate they look awesome im a big fan of minilites...
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look heaps better than the 17' chromies... Nod
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd have to say that the chromies went better with the black paint...
kristian
Regular

June 2002

Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice , where and how much did you get it for ? ..Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car mate, whats the exact colour?
Looks very hard to keep looking clean!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn nice dude! Much better than the chromies.

But I would've thought that it'd handle better on the 17"s? Lower profile tyres = less sidewall flex.
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys... Very Happy

kristian,

I got em from Tempe Tyres. cheap. Wink

Cool1,

Its black... black is a pain in the ass to keep clean. id strongly advise against anyone painting their car black... ever! Sleep

Max,

nope... the new tyres are 195's stretched over 7" rims.. that equals pretty much zero sidewall flex... Very Happy

those ST-115 Azenis are awesome tyres too.... highly reccomended. Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haydn, that's great to hear! Hopefully it'll solve some of those traction problems you seemed to be having in the rain last time we cruised.......... Wink Razz Laughing Cool
TCHOON
Regular

June 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good 20v.
My brother has had 14" minilites(superlites) on his sprinter a few years, but 15s would be the best size Smile They really suit the car imho.
I just had a set of ST115 (195/60/14) put on my 318 today. If they are as good as advertised, then they will go on seca too !
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhh, now that's a nice choice in rims!!! hehehe, pitty i'm looking into getting new rims for my celica, i'm getting bored... BTW, anyone got a set of 16inch Polished Simmons F series for sale???? thought not!!
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhh, another thing, just a thought!!! see if you can get hold of a set of older style centre caps. the badges in the centre look a bit less dicky, and more simple. looks much more tough (look left!!) also, i like the red on your calipers. i recently put on 4 piston brakes, but decided to do mine black... makes me think i should have gone another colour...

[Updated on: Mon, 01 July 2002 13:07]

mr_messy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn that looks so good!...
exactly the way i picture my future sprinter to look!..
good choice of wheels..
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Finally got my new rims! Mon, 01 July 2002 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oooh, not what I expected, but a BIG improvement over the chromies!

Nice going!
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Thanks for the positive comments guys... Tue, 02 July 2002 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max,

Traction problems???? what traction problems??? Very Happy Razz

Nah, apparently these Azenis ST-115's are supposed to be awesome in the wet... guess ill have to wait for the next downpour to try em out for real! Very Happy

dorikin,

yeah, im not overly fond of the huge centre caps... when i can be bothered getting off my ass, ill go & find some smaller ones. either that or mount some blades in them, Grease style!!!! Very Happy

Joel,

theres a few people who feel the same way... going from the flashy, chrome 17"s to these little grey 15"s is a big jump, but one im very happy ive made. Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 02 July 2002 01:59]

AE86_Sprinter
Regular

May 2002
Re: Thanks for the positive comments guys... Tue, 02 July 2002 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank god you finally got rid of those bloody 17" chromies....

I was SOOOOO close to buying a set of those wheels ( the wanatabe wannabes Wink ) for my Sprinter but a set of 15x7" SSR's came up so i grabbed them instead. Good to see a Sprinter with them on, they look every bit as good as i thought they would.

DO they come in wider sizes? like 15x8.5" or 15x9?

Cheers
Mike
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Tue, 02 July 2002 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike,

yeah, they also come in 15" x 8" i think... (but i might be wrong)
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Tue, 02 July 2002 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wheels look really nice, i must say that when i was flicking through fastfours, the 17s were the only thing i didn't like on your car (nice car too) what offset are you running? i am compiling a collection of conflicting wheel infromation (haha) for when i get a set (15 inch 6 spokes i hope)

i would love to know the offset of yours, as you know it works.

did you get them custom made? a guy i know got a set of custom 14 inch minilites for his first gen honda civic rally car, and he got as much positive offset as he could (to camber fit inside the flared gaurds)

nice wheels!!

[Updated on: Tue, 02 July 2002 06:46]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Finally got my new rims! Tue, 02 July 2002 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those rims looks really good dude, suits the character of the car down to a tee.

I never saw the 17 inch chrome ones, but there is no doubt that these would suit it better! Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Wed, 03 July 2002 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a very pretty Sprinter u have Smile

Im looking for near on the identical wheels for my ta22 -

Also in $$ amounts how much were the rims ?

I was quoted about $1200 for a performance 14 inch superlites + tyres but the offset spacing seemed wrong for a '22( centre seemed too far out - i like them deep dished a little )

15's do look nicer with the clackened centre though

Stuart

Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Wed, 03 July 2002 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Tue, 02 July 2002 4:46 PM

what offset are you running?

did you get them custom made?

the offset is +25, but i ended up having to run 10mm spacers to clear the front calipers (im running FC 4-pistons), which increases the effective offset to +15. i whacked the same spacers on the back as well to even things up. this, in turn, increased the track.

and they were made to order by Performance Alloys.

Stuart,

go for 14" X 8"s... Very Happy with a +15 offset, youll have all the dish you'll ever need. Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

they cost me $1300 with tyres. Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Thu, 04 July 2002 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will they build that offset to order ??

My 71 ta22 has a litte issue when it comes to guard lip clearance so i have to make sure they still fit under the arches without need for rolling .. ( though likelyhood is ill have them pumped soon to abouther half inch wider regardless front and rear )

Stuart
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Thu, 04 July 2002 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey buddy, the wheels look sweet! hope your keeping the chromies?

cant wait till we cruise again!
Mr 20Valve
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Fri, 05 July 2002 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart,

yep, i think theyll pretty much make them to order... give em a ring to confirm though.

Simon,

nah mate, the chromies are GONE!!! Very Happy

and let me know next time youre going out for a cruise too... Wink
AE86_Sprinter
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally got my new rims! Fri, 05 July 2002 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already asked what offset the come in.

The answer is a 110mm backspace, which equates to a -10mm offset.

Not what i am after, i need a 15x8 in a +10mm offset, to fill the flares out nicely.

That will give me over 100mm of polished lip Smile Reason for this extreme offset is to keep the stock Sprinter 90mm backspace, anbd thus maintain the geometry.

Cheers
Mike

Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: Finally got my new rims! Fri, 05 July 2002 05:45 Go to previous message
what brand are they? they are the same style (sorta) as the rims im getting soon, pictured below... ( note : that red bit in the middle will be back or something ) 16" x 8.5'

http://members.optushome.com.au/mandrew/car/Front%20Right%20Side.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cost of Web Hosting
Next Topic:what do you guys use to clean ur cars?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 08:26:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078990459442139 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.