Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Mon, 23 June 2003 01:46 Go to next message
Hi all - I think I have a stuck open thermostat because my heater isn't working properly and my car never runs at normal operating temperatures. Also the air pushed out of the fan is ice cold. Thats not normal...thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Mon, 23 June 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought about buying a new thermostat?

Dan
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Mon, 23 June 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh - but I got no idea where ir is, what it looks like...
But ummm...think I'll go take it somewhere.
Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Mon, 23 June 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll regret it if you do Smile

Follow the top rad hose, the thermostat should be at the end of that. Undo the bolts, rip old thermostat out, put new one in and replace with the seal it comes with.

Even if its not there on your engine, the only difference would just be checking where and doing exactly the same thing.
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Tue, 24 June 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Frank - I replaced my thermostat yesterday. The weird looking part seemed to be missing??
Only the bracket was there...
I dunno where it is, musta been shewed up my the engine or something.

Anyway, I replaced that...was pretty messy. Engine operating normal temps...but heater still doesnt work.

There is hot water or whatever going through the tube (heater one) ... but yeh, heater still doesnt work.

Stumped.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Tue, 24 June 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's possible your heater core is blocked, perhaps by the remains of your broken thermostat! You could check this by disconnecting the heater hoses in the engine bay and shove a garden hose in one end... that should tell you if it's flowing properly.
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Tue, 24 June 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats Norbie - I'll check it out!!!

Sounds like something I can do I guess.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Tue, 24 June 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like someone used a little too much radiator stop leak... I did the same thing to my corolla (but then i sold it)
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How do you fix or repair a stuck open thermostat?? Wed, 25 June 2003 01:03 Go to previous message
bastard Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W55 box - Spline OD and teeth?
Next Topic:2T head differences
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 09:49:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005774974822998 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.