Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
casey
Occasional Poster

March 2003

icon5.gif  Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Mon, 23 June 2003 07:46 Go to next message
Hey

Looking for a reliable place in the ACT to rebuild my engine...

My original post got moved to here which is a pain 'cos I need Canberran advice...
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Mon, 23 June 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have only rebuilt one engine myself (2TG) I had BERCO in Mitchell do all the machining, head reconditioning etc and they did a good job. The engine has done nearly 110,000km now (rebuilt in 1998) it still doesn't have a single oil or water leak and doesn't blow smoke or burn up oil etc. So from my single experience with them I was happy enough. I am sure there are other places around that are ok to.
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Mon, 23 June 2003 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Casey,

Your post was moved because this area is for info on cruises and events. As far as the post being moved being a pain, I'm sure the moderators would find having to move misplaced posts a pain.

Just post in the tech section and make the subject something along the lines of "Where to get an engine rebuild in Canberra"

Regards,

Trent Kershaw
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Tue, 24 June 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A friend had his 3S-GTE rebuilt by skyline performance in Mitchell, what I saw of it looked like a nice job...
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Tue, 24 June 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why dont you do it yourself casey its not that hard and im sure plenty of people (put my hand up) will help. If you do it yourself you will also save yourself a crap load of money.
casey
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Tue, 24 June 2003 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

Mate, I'd love to do it myself, especially if I had one of you guys showing me the ropes... Unfortunately I haven't got a garage to do it in and I'd be lucky if I could get started on it weekend after next...

If I get it done professionally, it'd probably be finished by then... The cost doesn't worry me, I just need it to be reliable fairly soon...

Trent,

Ahh... I figured it'd be OK given posts like 'Any Backyard Spray Painters in Perth? ?' and '[ACT] Tuning/Mechanics '...

I'll know for next time, tho...

Shane and Ben,

Thanks guys... I'll do a ring around and compare prices and warranties of the places who sound pretty together about it... Just as long as there are no horror stories about places I should avoid...
casey
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Tue, 24 June 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Besides, I'd probably manage to drop the whole engine on my head this time... Very Happy Laughing
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Where do I rebuild my engine in the ACT?? Tue, 24 June 2003 04:21 Go to previous message
Yea good point Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Putting a pod on a ST-162
Next Topic:3sgte injectors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:07:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004378080368042 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.