Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Sun, 22 June 2003 09:55 Go to next message
ok so whats all the fus about this engine, and someone explain to how how it all goes together, what is needed etc. coz i would be interested in this

does it only work with no turbo, coz it seams a waste of time buying a 3t-geu and putting a 2t head on it, when i can buy a 3t-gteu and have turbo

so yeah as i said b4 some please explain, also i read that someones car beat a wrx with this mod, damn it must be a good mod...

shane

p.s. anyone wana take my ra23 off my hands??

[Updated on: Mon, 23 June 2003 23:10] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2t/3t hybrid Sun, 22 June 2003 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was a thread on this a while ago but i'm stuffed if I can find it Confused
But i'm interested in all the details of this to.

3T-GEU with a 2T-G head.
xxaccoxx
Regular

April 2003
icon14.gif  Re: 2t/3t hybrid Sun, 22 June 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all i have just bought this car
toyota t18 and i am researching this engine to. if anyone can link old posts or repeat themselves that would be sweet!
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: 2t/3t hybrid Mon, 23 June 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate u got it easy, just try to bold the 2t head on to the 3t engine, and see what hapens...

also have u seent he prices of 3t-gte's latly adelaide jap said they were geting a 1/2 cut in 6-8 weeks, and there charging 2600+ thats crazy. No wonder everyones doin this Crying or Very Sad
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Hybrid 3T-GTE / 2TG Mon, 23 June 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For some light reading start here.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=2523

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=10537

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=8534

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=7510

You may also wanna have a read over this one:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=7763

That should get you started Smile Once you have fire away.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2t/3t hybrid Mon, 23 June 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm I did a search on 2tg last night and I didnt get any results Confused Must of been one of them things Rolling Eyes
xxaccoxx
Regular

April 2003
Re: 2t/3t hybrid Mon, 23 June 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile cheers toyman
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: 2t/3t hybrid Mon, 23 June 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers dude, i searched for 2tg and not much came up, shouldve searched for 2t-g or sumin... oh well thanx again
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Mon, 23 June 2003 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The search funtion looks for an exact match so if you don't get what your after try a few options for example 2T-G or even via head number such as 88260. The search on here is good but its not perfect. Topis heading ;like this one won't come up for example as it has the slaxh right next to it and for some reason the search for 2T just doesn't bloody work at all Sad

If you have any more questions after reading those posts. (I'm sure you will Smile ) Then just fire away. I am going to edit the topic heading tho so it actually shows more clearly what info you were after. Hope you don't mind. Smile

NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i am offended, extreemly offended, but ill get over it... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

ok ill start the first question off, its sort of an confermation...
here it is, so to be able to put a 2t-geu head on a 3t-geu, i will have to fly cut my piston so they dont hit the valves? and to fly cut the pistons i will need to take the pistons out? meaning a lower half rebuild? thus making it less practical then just to buy a 3t-gteu because i will have to rebuild the engine(plus straighten the head, coz it will warp when i take it off)

would i be correct in this, also somehting about the dissy, but i got way confused then... Very Happy

cheers
shane
xxaccoxx
Regular

April 2003
Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A interesting read. i am thinking a N/A version at this stage,any thing to consider? most of that info seems to apply to the turbo variety.
xxaccoxx
Regular

April 2003
Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and any opinions on which computer is best?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you do not have to fly cut your pistons at all!!!
justin
xxaccoxx
Regular

April 2003
icon5.gif  Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the pistons dont have to be fly cut at all!!!
just whack the head on the 3t bottom end
justin
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IF you are putting a 2T-G head on a 3T-GTE then both sets of pistons will already have flycuts to suit a twincam head. The 3T-GTE also has a lower compression to any 2t_G (3T-GTE is apparenty 7.8:1 ) So depending on what cams you use you will not have to flycut the pistons.

If you use BIG lift cams then you may well need to but any engine builder can work this out for you.

Don't forget you Can always adjust your cam timing slightly so as to ensure the valves do not impact. This is not an ideal solution as the cams will not be at thei optimum timing but it is an option.

If you use a 3T-C block and pistons they will need flycuts as they are not set up for a Twin cam.

Either way you should always turn an engine over by hand after assembly to ensure nothing impacts inside.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Tue, 24 June 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxaccoxx

For a N/A Hybrid you are Basically building a Big Bore 2T-G (or 3T-G as they are also refered)

In the N/A application things are indeed different. COmpression ratio's are desired to be alot Higher so you will not be using 3T-GTE pistons. As Such 3T-C pistons can be used but they will need to be Flycut and depending on your budget a nice High compression and oversize Set can make a nice improvemet.

If your on a tight budget you can get a 1mm oversize set that yeilds 9.8:1 compression for around $300. (At least you could)

As for the best computer... Theres alot out there and there specs change all the time so get one that best suits your needs. Things to consider are the load points, Number of extra outputs, Ease of tuning, if it has a handset etc etc theres alot of considerations.

Personally the Wolf 3D or 4D looks good, I was happy with the EMS and I'll be using Autronic on the next one.
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: 3T-GTE / 2T-G Hybrid Wed, 25 June 2003 10:44 Go to previous message
ok ok ok, why must i get confused so easily... damn it... Evil or Very Mad

so say im going turbo, then i get my self a 3t-gteu block, and whack on a 2t-gteu head, this should just bolt up, no problems, i can drive the car away...yes?

then coz im going turbo, i will need the 3t-gteu's exhaust manifold and this will bold straight up, but the inlet wont, so i will need to get my 2t-gteu's inlet machiend to allow for the extra compressed air? or is this n ot important???

Also the whole point of doing this would be, to get low down power dude to the higher compression of the 2tgeu's head, with some boost for higher end power???

would i just be better off rebuilding a 3t-gteu engine, and winding more boost in to it???

also about ecu's would a haltec be good enough to run efi on a 2tgeu???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corolla SX hatch and GTI - what's the difference?
Next Topic:ta22 diff in a ke70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 21:52:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005126953125 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.