Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » New addition to the K-Mac swaybar line-up...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  New addition to the K-Mac swaybar line-up... Mon, 01 July 2002 12:46
Received an email from K-Mac today after my visit to Sydney for the Weight-Watcher's event. One of the reasons I went to Sydney was to see K-Mac for a measure-up of the rear-end of the RAV4 - they initially said that it couldn't be done; upon visiting the K-Mac store in Rockdale, they then said that it could be done, but with all the extra bracing it would cost in the vicinity of $350 - $400 for the rear to be supplied and fitted; today I get an email from them that said the rear swaybar for the long-er wheelbase RAV4 is in production and now available for $225 supplied. The funny thing is that they made up this swaybar modelled off MY RAV4! (I hope the rear end wasn't screwed up or dented when they took the measurements...) Grin

They also recommend that the rear swaybar be used in conjunction with the front one as well. Whether this is practical or not, or just a sales stunt, I'm not sure. Eye Spin

The RAV isn't much of an understeerer, and handles OK now the new suspension is fitted up and broken-in. I can't really see the rear-end getting all that tail-happy around corners, but I want the suspension all-round to be stiffer.

Any thoughts/ideas on the matter?

Cheers. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1g-gte gasket help needed
Next Topic:Problems that can be faced performing an engine conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:51:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034208297729492 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.