Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Buying on Ebay Thu, 26 June 2003 23:25 Go to next message
Ok well I was just looking throught the Corolla stuff on Ebay and found alot of awsome stuff on there. Has anyone ever bought off Ebay??? Will the stuff fit out Australian cars??? Things like white face dials, bumbers/spoilers, short shift kits??? Strut braces, suspension??? Anything really. I must have some of this.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 June 2003 23:28]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Buying on Ebay Thu, 26 June 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I buy lots on ebay, but havn't bought car stuff yet. But would be totally willing to, I guess like when we sell stuff here, there is no rock solid guarantee that it will be 100%. A risk you take for a super bargain, but I have generally found that ebay is very reliable.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi

i have bought lots of small, relatively inexpensive things from ebay, such as lots of rare rik mayall and ade edmondson videos.

i make sure that what i buy is small to keep shipping costs down, especially from overseas, and i make sure that what i buy is relatively inexpensive in case i'm not happy with the product, and there's if there is nothing i can do to fix it, then its not such a big loss.

so far, after buying ~20 items, i have been happy with every item. (best to buy with credit card via paypal, they are a 'middle man', trusted with many ebayers, and non ebayers, and means that you you don't give your credit card details to some joe you don't know in the uk or something).

hope this helps
evan
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Fri, 27 June 2003 10:41

hi

i have bought lots of small, relatively inexpensive things from ebay, such as lots of rare rik mayall and ade edmondson videos.

Those two lads are dead set crack ups!!
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know, i just can't get enough of them Very Happy Very Happy

i have:

series 1, 2 & 3 of bottom (vhs)
4 box set of bottom live (dvd)
series 1 young ones (dvd)
series 1 & 2 filthy, rich & catflap (vhs)
dangerous brothers (vhs)
kevin turvey, the green door (vhs)
20th century cyote live stand-up (b4 young ones) (audio cassete)

yet to get:

series 2 young ones (vhs)
bottom fluff (bottom out takes) (vhs)
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a few people who but from Ebay but does any1 know if the corollas in America are the same as we have here??? Will their parts fit ours???
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The biggest bummer is waiting 6-8 weeks for parts to arrive via surface mail ... Mad
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is always www.ebay.com.au ...Rolling Eyes
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've bought 3 things for my RAV4 from ebay. These clear front bumper indicators:

http://www.procarparts.com/productimages/ty534-u00w2.jpg

This intake kit which is on its way:

http://www.procarparts.com/productimages/AI-rav9699.jpg

And these tinted headlight protectors:

http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_e3b70bf1f84b6800b8f320a6b3ca2710/i-1.JPG

Before you buy it's a good idea to check the seller's feedback. It there's a lot of positive feedback then you're onto a good seller. Also, always ask the seller about shipping cost even if it's stated on the item page. This way their reply can be used against them if they try to get more money out of you. Happy bidding! Smile
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by corolla, you're referring to ae86 corolla fr's yeah?

most parts will fit the aus spec ae86, so if you're into importing trueno bumpers and bits, you can rest assured that they will fit. (they're all ae86s and the chassis' are pretty much the same - in fact your ae86 will have drilled holes in it ready for a trueno facelift!)

if you're thinking of getting rear axles (i.e., to fit that long awaited LSD), you'll have to either find zenki ones (83-84) or modify your car to fit the kouki ones (85-87). kouki ones are stronger btw.

you ought to check out club4ag's technical section to check out the technical differences between the various ae86s out there.

i've personally bought a few auto bits and pieces from ebay... IMHO, its one of the best ways to do it cos its quite hard to find australian distributors for certain parts you're after. ae86 racing isn't too big here, so we have a short supply (if any at all) of performance parts for em.

i've find that its relatively safe to trade on ebay. be prepared for long waits though.. and they often do charge a fair bit extra for shipping to here (depending on weight, size etc).
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Buying on Ebay Fri, 27 June 2003 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um, I was actually referring to AE92 parts
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Buying on Ebay Sun, 29 June 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yanks only got AE92 sedans, not hatches AFAIK.

and ebay is cool mmkay. i have some pcmcia network cards and an 18r-geu thermostat housing from there. tis cool

swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: Buying on Ebay Sun, 29 June 2003 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So does that mean that they are the same dimentions as ours??? Wioll headlights, strut braces, front spoilers and whatever else fit???
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Buying on Ebay Mon, 30 June 2003 05:40 Go to previous message
Some of you may be interested in this site just as a way of guarding yourself from getting burnt:

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sx wiper washer bottle
Next Topic:Cusco Dealers in Sydney Area
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 24 04:54:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046041011810303 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.