Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon13.gif  toolage factor Tue, 27 August 2002 07:53 Go to next message
What has happened to this place! its gone from a great discussion board and club to bullshit comments and apparently some not to clever things on cruises, i hope you guys sort this place out i have tryed to contribute to the club but honestly i no longer feel like it after the ammount of bullshit that gets thrown around is unreal!

this is my second last post the next one is a phone number on my wheels for sale as i wont be back anytime soon!

Allan
  Send a private message to this user  
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Tue, 27 August 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sorry to say I know exactly how you feel Alan, if it makes you feel better I have been treated worse in other forums of late and have been thinking the same thing there, sometimes it feels like ...

a, people cant be bothered to research anything when they first get here and ask all the same simple questions over and over again

b, when you give advice they tell you its bullshit because there mate who owns a crummiedoor says so

c,there are more people interested in personal attacks than intelligent well based responses

d, when someone is attacked everyone wants to jump in with thier $2 even if they know nothing about the real issue

if it makes you feel any better, of the 20 or so forums I frequent Toymods is still the best moderated I feel Smile

and hey dude if you dont like what people are saying there is a complaints board.

anyhow dont go..I need someone to bitch about when youre not online Razz which is NEVER Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Tue, 27 August 2002 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan,

Unfortunatly with any public access forum or message board there will always be the small element of imature people who try to ruin it for the rest us.

We are trying hard to keep this a worthwhile forum and the post you mentioned has been edited by myself. If there is a repeat performance we will suspend his user access as it was just not called for.

Regards,

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Wed, 28 August 2002 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may want to edit a few of the quoted posts down from it too!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toolage factor Mon, 02 September 2002 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto michael and allan

cheers
ed

who really cant say anything useful cause "all i have is an ma61"

Freak

LOL!

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2002 15:37]

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Thu, 24 October 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree , with you all but believ other forums are way worse

i wreckon the post counter should be scrapped, people just post crap so they can build it up

eg woohoo 100 post threads

thats my 2 cents

honestly who cares how many posts ya do it the quality of the input
Sprocket
Regular

October 2002
Re: toolage factor Fri, 25 October 2002 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with scrapping the post counter too....maybe keep the names of newcommer, regular, forums junkie etc when they hit over a certain mark.

oz_craig mentioned the "100th post" thread which I put my 2 cents worth in, just because....then I got abused.
What I do like is, that thread has now been completely deleted a little while after I unsubscribed from it, definately well moderated!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: toolage factor Sun, 17 November 2002 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE COUNTERS NEED TO GO,
people just like building up their numbers,
then they just post spam threads full of SHIT.
JUZZO
ps. i must say, i love these forums
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toolage factor Fri, 22 November 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with getting rid of the counter idea. In fact you could just have the two rankings

regular and newie. So once your past a certian mark then you are a regular even if you had 5,000 posts

My take on it.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toolage factor Fri, 02 May 2003 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Tue, 27 August 2002 19:50

a, people cant be bothered to research anything when they first get here and ask all the same simple questions over and over again

b, when you give advice they tell you its bullshit because there mate who owns a crummiedoor says so

c,there are more people interested in personal attacks than intelligent well based responses

d, when someone is attacked everyone wants to jump in with thier $2 even if they know nothing about the real issue

good to see ZERO has changed since AUG 2002

I hope you guys have some big 'taking out the trash" thing comming up... otherwise im going to do something stupid and offensive and get myself banned

ed
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: toolage factor Mon, 05 May 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

The board is indeed looking into this very issue and we are working on a set of guidleine to drastically reduce the so called "toolage Factor" in the various sections of the forums especially the Tech section as there really is no need for it to ever be allowed in there. I really can't say much more than that yet other than to ask you to hang in there for a little while longer. The next board meeting is a couple of weeks away and it will most likely be then that we can approve some new guidelines and start making some changes for the better.

In the mean time Danny and the rest of us will be starting to sort things out as best we can. The forums do need to be a fun place but not to the detriment of there content !

Regards,

Rod.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 May 2003 00:32]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im a newbie,
i dont find the counter a challenge for getting my posts up.
to me, if someone is ranked higher i respect their opinions and regard them as more mature (in most cases) and i also believe that they are more knowledgable than me.

thats my point of view
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 17 June 2003 16:58

to me, if someone is ranked higher i respect their opinions and regard them as more mature (in most cases) and i also believe that they are more knowledgable than me.

How wrong your are Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How wrong am I?
does someone wanna straighten out my thinking for me
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I think I have the most posts on this forum, but this has nothing to do with me being more knowledgeable, mature or higher ranked than anyone else. Its probably because I have been on here longer than alot of others, and also because I have a lot of smart arse comments and shit to speak.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see
so ive been fooled by this whole system Rolling Eyes
but what i waws sort of trying to say was that im not in it for the reputation im in it for the information.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 17 June 2003 17:19

but what i waws sort of trying to say was that im not in it for the reputation im in it for the information.

Is that the same as being cool by assicoiation?

Anyway, has the car in your avatar been photochopped?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, its my design plan, ive done about 15 and this is my favourite.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Tue, 17 June 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it looks pretty cool. I wouldnt mind seeing a larger version.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: toolage factor Thu, 19 June 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just dug this up.

And all I can say is that I hope none of the experienced and knowledgable posters leave because of dickheads posting crap. I've learnt heaps and got lots of help from all the stuff posted on this forum. It would be a real shame to lose a bunch of posters and be left with only the dickheads.

Removing the post counter is a good idea, cos you get to know very quickly who knows what they are on about regardless of number of posts.

Hen

Edit - Ironically I think this post pushed me over into regular.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2003 04:36]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Fri, 20 June 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn,

With the new rules and the Outhouse section now in full swing Toolage tolerance in any other section is set to nill. This way hopefully all will be good Smile

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Fri, 20 June 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Fri, 20 June 2003 14:21

Henn,

With the new rules and the Outhouse section now in full swing Toolage tolerance in any other section is set to nill. This way hopefully all will be good Smile

Does that mean all the tools are now posting in the Outhouse? Laughing Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Fri, 20 June 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. Yes it does. Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Fri, 20 June 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, some of us are everywhere else still Razz
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: toolage factor Sat, 21 June 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh dear....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: toolage factor Sat, 21 June 2003 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL... I'm in all the sections too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fuckin post whoring on this forum is starting to shit me Evil or Very Mad I'm sick of going into a thread and seeing the last post consists of 2 words like "thats funny", "so true" or just a damm smiley.
Its not half obvious that these few people are just trying to drive up their post count.
I know I have a lot of posts on here but at least my posts are either informative, serious questions or I'm putting shit on someone or something.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope this don't look like a whore post but I agree with you shane...

I'm seeing heaps of posts that have one word or smilies and thats it...

I usually have something to say about everything (thats just the way I am, I like to be involved in everything) and I'm on these forums a lot...

I reckon most of your posts are from putting shit on ppl though Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...

Hehehe... Just j/k Shane...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah another thing that is shittin me is people taking 2 posts to say one thing.
And as for all my posts putting shit on people, your just pissed because its always you Twisted Evil
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You got it in one go Shane Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

Now pissoff and put shit on someone else please Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, there is a difference, some people aren't whoring, they're doing it to signify they're laughing at something. Those people don't piss me off. Its the people who write 5 messages to say one thing that shits me...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sun, 29 June 2003 18:59

Dude, there is a difference, some people aren't whoring, they're doing it to signify they're laughing at something.

Ok I just did this in my last post. I was stating I was confused Rolling Eyes
Quote:

Those people don't piss me off. Its the people who write 5 messages to say one thing that shits me...

I really hate this I really fuckin do Evil or Very Mad
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the toolage is getting worse! i hate those posts too frank!
some people posting over 30 times aday!! everyday!!!
quality not quantity is what my mum taught me! all just to get a a high post count!
ok mods u say the post counter cant be taken away, for what ever reason, can it be rest everytime u get to like 500 or so ?

it might not be highly advertised like alan did but decent members are leaving cause of this immature BS, and in the long run it will effect us all when we need that valueable info, what i dont understand why you guys act like a keyboard warrior, you all seem reasonable in real,

so in closing spend less time posting verbal Diahrer, if ya wanna talk crap between members use the PM feature in the top right hand corner, or install a 3rd party AIM program such as MSN or ICQ.

Mods is there a feature than can be added to the forums, so that a user can be totally ignored as if they dont exist, and not just
Post by spammer is ignored [reveal post] [reveal all posts by spammer] [stop ignoring this user]???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That feature is already available, click on the left near the avatar of someone, should have something about ignoring posts.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Sun, 29 June 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrAiGzEE wrote on Sun, 29 June 2003 20:36

Mods is there a feature than can be added to the forums, so that a user can be totally ignored as if they dont exist, and not just
Post by spammer is ignored [reveal post] [reveal all posts by spammer] [stop ignoring this user]???

frank i dont want to see them at all!
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Mon, 30 June 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread speaks for itself, dont you think? Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Mon, 30 June 2003 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Mon, 30 June 2003 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Mon, 30 June 2003 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
getting
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toolage factor Mon, 30 June 2003 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sick of this fuckin shit Mad
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

thread locked Tue, 01 July 2003 04:39 Go to previous message
as you are all aware by now the forum structure has changed and the rules have been formalised

any complaints of 'toolage' should be made to a moderator or emailed to the board

feel free to continue to post up comments or questions here.

thank-you

[Updated on: Fri, 04 July 2003 01:57]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Forum Changes - Comments and Questions
Next Topic:I sent in membership form and money order, when will i be notified i am a valid member
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:09:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065028667449951 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.