Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1G-GTEFreAk
Regular

November 2002

icon10.gif  Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 01 July 2003 13:17 Go to next message
I have Just installed a Hitachi HT18S-2S Turbo from an RX-7 into my gen 3 1G-GTE.The turbo comes inline at 2000rpm instead of 3500rpm.and at about 4000rpm the car is uncontrollable.I am rocking it at 7psi right now.With a 2 1/2 inch aftermarket Mandrel bent Downpipe. Waiting on my exhaust still.

I have some tweeking to do. need a bigger intercooler, and I want to install some 7M-GTE injectors for more fuel.
  Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed, 02 July 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7psi?????? WHats holding you back mate.

Sounds like it might be a good thing, can you fill us in on some of the gritty details Very Happy please please please Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed, 02 July 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't have thought the Hitachi turbo would be better enough to warrant the expense and effort of a custom manifold Confused

I know from the kiwi guys that a Supra CT26 stock doesn't really make that much more power than the maxxed out CT12's on a Gen3, and thats arguably a much larger turbo. Let us know how it goes once you wind a bit more boost into it.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed, 02 July 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im with anthony on this

info, info, info

you still using standard computer? any pics?
1G-GTEFreAk
Regular

November 2002

Re: Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 08 August 2003 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused Sad Crying or Very Sad bad bad news
we had the turbo runing at 11psi,it was giving a great kick at about 4000rpm,unfortunately for us we had to remove the exhaust manifold to get some sealant in and something fell into it which went unnoticed to us until we went on a test run.It came back and blew the turbo exhausts turbine.!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

I guess I will go back to stock and run a 14.5psi on my twins. Very Happy
Kman
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2002
Re: Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 08 August 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger..
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 08 August 2003 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm surprised that the hitachi turbo is that responsive on a 2 litre 6 cylinder.. My experience with one on a Nissan RB20 (2L 6cyl) was that boost didnt get past 1psi until 4000rpm, with 15psi only hitting at over 5000rpm. Did you make a split pulse manifold by any chance? Maybe this is the difference.
slylux
Regular

January 2003
    nup
Re: Single turbo installedin 1G-GTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sun, 10 August 2003 05:35 Go to previous message
yes i agree .. ive done 2 conversions .. both r33 with rb25det .. one i used a hiflowed s4 rx7 turbo the other a stock s5 turbo .. was way laggy compared to stock setup but one on boost .. it hit harder and for longer .. still pulling hard at redline .. probly hit full boost around 4000 rpm ... only ran about 7psi as the stock comp didnt lik any more .. no idea on dyno figures .. just guesswork .. food for thought .. as these turbos are very very cheap ... goin price is only about $200 over here .. i can see the potential .. 2-2.5 six with atermarket ecu and 15psi .. esp.. a high reving 6 lik 1g or 1jz .. cheap upgrade i reckon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age motor probs - rebuild or buy another?
Next Topic:Engine Coversion for 83 Corona st141 with 2S-C Engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 23:24:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042829513549805 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.