Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How much is too much?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon5.gif  How much is too much? Tue, 02 July 2002 13:53 Go to next message

How much is too much?[ 30 vote(s) ]
1.$15k 3 / 10%
2.$30k 6 / 20%
3.$50k 7 / 23%
4.$80k 3 / 10%
5.$150k 1 / 3%
6.$250k 1 / 3%
7.No limit!! 9 / 30%

How much is too much to spend on a car (purchase price and mods)?

I think my limit would be $80k... But buying a new M3 is a tempting proposition... If I made shitloads of money....

Send a private message to this user    
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: How much is too much? Tue, 02 July 2002 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark,

I think I would have to say No Limit! Smiley $$

With a husband like Rod - what other option do I have? Shocked

Cya for Now
Heart Heart Heart Heart
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much is too much? Tue, 02 July 2002 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if I had the money to spend, mine would be up closer to $120k ... a 900+hp supra would be very nice Smile

or maybe get a series 7 rx-7, put a 2jz-gte in it, then have a 1000hp rx-7
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much is too much? Tue, 02 July 2002 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say no limit i you have the money.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much is too much? Tue, 02 July 2002 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Get back to work Max !
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much is too much? Wed, 03 July 2002 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'd have to go with the No Limit option...if you've got that sorta money to throw around on cars, by all means!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: How much is too much? Wed, 03 July 2002 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i had the dosh, I'd take either an M3, R33 GTR or a Supra... But for my limit, I think the Corolla will be just fine...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: How much is too much? Wed, 03 July 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i had the cash I'd get a Supra and fit a gen 4 3SGE then slam a big arse turbo on the bitch! (after rebuilding it of corse)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much is too much? Wed, 03 July 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
much like toyota did for their LM supra
of course, they rebuilt the engine after every race.... but when you're getting 650bhp out of a 4 cyl engine, that's the price you pay
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much is too much? Wed, 03 July 2002 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sorta question's that Nark? Not many of us have that much cash, what hypothetical amount are we starting with, or how much are we getting paid per year?

Like everyone's said, no limit if there's no limit.
You can't just decide on a limit, if your car still needs something done to it, you gotta get it done!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: How much is too much? Thu, 04 July 2002 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's more of a question of what you think would be too much to spend on a car... Not how much you make, although it's affected by that factor...

For example, I can see myself buying an $80k EvoVII, but I'd never see myself buying a $120k Jag or something like that...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: How much is too much? Thu, 04 July 2002 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purchase price is a bit of a Hurdle. Can't see me ever spending over 30K on Purchase price I just don't earn enough !

However I put no limit on the Mods, Depending on how long you keep the car its easy to sink in a Truck load of Dollars. Hell I know what I have spent on Cars since I was 13 would buy me more than one house in this street ! (Its a cheap Street but hey its our first home)

I have always put the vast majority of my Dollars into my Cars. Being a Non smoker and only Social drinker meant thats where it went ! I could honestly say that until I got Married and moved out of home 80-90% of my take home pay went into a car ! Sad

toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much is too much? Thu, 04 July 2002 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like most there can not be a limit.I was given a carry van so I would have something cheap to run and park anywhere.It needed a bit of work,so I did what had to be done for rego.Got it regoed then thought it could do with this and that and before I knew it it had a big system carpet right through it and was looking at a gti swift motor for it before the other half said step back and look at it and yourself.I get carried away so with a budget of $5000000 I would blow it out too.If I had big money I would have a supra as my daily driver and do more to my 23 and 28
strober
Regular

June 2002
how much? Fri, 05 July 2002 13:37 Go to previous message
i dont know about you guys but i think spending about $30-50k on a second hand hi per import is about sufficient, then spending $10-15k on top of that to modify would be my limit. i dont see the "love" in buying a $100k+ supercar, i'd rather drive sumthin individual, something i poured my heart into Smile but thats just me...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno Day !!!
Next Topic:Fast and the Furious 2, casting for cars
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:05:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046701431274414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.