Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 07:43 Go to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2421733204&category=36605

check that out, i love the title....

FLYING FLIPFLOP BOOT KIT>>>>>>>>SICK

Bloody ricers... what'll they think of next
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flying F**knuts i think..

Add another totally stupid, pointless and impractical riceboy toy to the list of S**t out there ..

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that so your fooli sik wing doesnt smash the windscreen?
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Flip it down FlipFlop style"]

How gay
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh.....not as gay as BANG !!!
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dood looks like he got a big ugly yellow sofa in the boot
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats pretty wak
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 01 July 2003 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak personaly, i cant see whats wrong with it..
some people like performance modification, and some like body modification.

get over it...

Twisted Evil
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im with feral4mr2. I dont see what you guys are going on about. As far as im concerned modifying cars is all about presonal preferance. Personally I wouldnt do this mod but there is some people who would love it. Its just a cutsom and differant mod to what everybody else is doing. I am bout to buy a car (AE92 seca) that has stock engine but a full bodykit and exhaust (kinda looks a bit like the UH OH seca). I have a baby daughter which means speed is not on the cards for me so I want to make my car look nice. Does this make me a "RICER" as you people call it??? Like I said, car modifying is all about personal preferance, not what every1 is doing at the time. No offence guys
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't see it in terms of practicality. To me that thing looks like it would seriously hamper boot access.
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I noticed the exact same thing. Unless it sits very high then I could really see it getting in the way. Although saying that, most of the show cars that it would go on, arnt driven daily anyway so again, its purely for show. I would be turning my critacism to the moron that made up the term "rice". What the hell is that??? Last I knew, rice was a food that you eat and is good for you. WHo the hell makes a food into a term used against car products??? Next you will hear people walking around saying stuff like "yeah man, that car is sausage". Building cars is not a competition, its about building a car to your personal taste. I dont like lancers, migages or bloody excels but the people who drive them do so I respect that. (ok maybe not the excel drivers, I just dont understand why people drive such cars). Anyway guys, just respect peoples cars for what they are. I guarantee you that there are people out there who hate your car or what you have done to it. There will always be some1 who wont like it.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 July 2003 01:58]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does respecting a car mean that you cannot publicly say that you dislike it?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, it doesn't.

i respect everyone's property, especially there cars. Even if i dont like them

and i can publicly say - i dont like that. If i saw it on a car i wouldnt like it. But i still respect the car as being the pride of an individual - just the same as mine is to me.
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldnt agree more. Im not against any1 here and im just saying open comments. Every1 is free to say what they do ant dont like about a car. I do because just like every normanl person, I have my opinion about what I like and what I dont like. Im a graphic designer so I know what its like to have comments made about things I do. I will say though that there is just plain stupid comments and then there are those that are constructive critacism. I think people can make a comment without totally ripping a car or product to shreads though. I like hearing people comments doesnt matter if they are good or not. I just dont like people who go ripping things to shreads.
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand what your saying but completly disagree...

Car modifications used to be about (and should be still) improving the design and improving performance.

That means if you need more downforce adding a wing. It does not mean adding an ironing board to the back of your car too look cool...

In my opinon (and your welcome to disagree with this, I'm not having a go at anyone) anything that does not add to the peformance of the car is money mis-spent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if people add bodykits and big sound systems to their car in the hope of impressing people they are a bit of a joke in my eyes. IF you do this because you enjoy it and it makes you feel good then good for you!
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not going to dis-agree with you on that. Thats your opinion and thats fair enough. I will agree with you on the fact that car modification is all about improving a cars appearance and handleing. Personally I like wings but only when done properly. Im all for body modifications like bodykits, and I guess putting into a differant perspective, some1 buying a bodykit for their car are in the same boat as some1 buying chrome wheels or mag wheels at all. They only improve the look of the car. I read somewhere that a properly designer bodykit is only functional at speeds over 180km. Rear wings are also functional after a certain speed. Like I said previousy, Im buying a car soon with 1 full bodykit. I would love to do an engine conversion but I have a baby daughter so going excessive speeds isnt an option at the moment. I want to drive a car around that looks nice and sounds nice but I dont need alot of power while I have a baby in the back. I hope people can see where I am coming from with this. I love to see cars with serious h/p though and they are great to drive. Some modifications though are just plain silly. This is just my opinion and I welcome all others
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What i hate is the impractical mods done simply for attention.
Nobody likes an attention whore, regardless of the way they get their attention.
I can understand if a person does exteriour mods simply for them selves, the the fakes that put wings on and all sorts of other crap to their fwd cars and pretend that its a beast is just stupid. But if they have the power to back it up then its all good, pointless but still good because they are not pretending anymore
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw those at Autosalon... I think that they are a pretty cool idea...

For the ppl that are into body modifications, this is something new instead of all their cars looking exactly the same...

I see nothing wrong with them at all...
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My view is that the word RICE is being used a bit too much lately. A car does not have to be capable of 200mph to justify a bodykit and a nice set of wheels.
Alot of it come down to context. I don't consider a bodykit rice, but I would consider a 747 wing strapped to your Corolla as rice. There is nothing wrong with improving the look of your car, I do have a problem with people who pretend there car has performance it doesn't. There is nothing wrong with a nice sounding exhaust on a car, I do have a problem with fake intercoolers, fake rear disc conversions, stickers for products you don't have and body extensions bigger than the car they are fitted too.

Callum
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about we just point and laugh at the stupid title then????....... who gives a shit if you like the product or not, the title is the funny part

OK?

SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually don't mind it. It's something different. But convienence wise might make thins a bit difficult as it doesn't open up and give u teh full access to your boot..

But i reckon it's a great and different idea to how the boot opens.

It's kinda like saying that the Lamborghini doors are ricy because they open up and not out.

Personally i wouldn't have one, but i think it's a great idea.

And RICE is generally given to those people that have stickers on their car indicating the car has a certain item when it doesn't. Something totally ludicrus like the Hyundai Excells getting around all done up. I talked to a guy who did one up and his response was. " Well why not, i could so i did"

But if you think that boot lid is RICY then i think your wrong.... but thats just my opinion.
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 02 July 2003 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For all of those who think bodykits and wings and things like that are "rice" and are pointless wastes of money, let me ask you this. Whats the differance between someone puting on a bodykit or a wing that has no advantages at all over performance or anything else and someone going and polishing parts of their engine bay??? There is really no differance. Both do bugger all but are purely cosmetic enhancements. They serve no purpose but to look good. I dont like the stickers all over the cars that people have on when they dont have the products to back it up. FActory cars can come out with little rear spoilers and subtle bodykits, aftermarket wings and kits are only enhancing and taking the looks of the car that 1 step further.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Fri, 04 July 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good point Swankie... Performance ain't polished engine bay bits Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
DVS_ONE
Regular

May 2003
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Mon, 07 July 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloody Ricers Laughing
what i mean is, those dickhead who have shit arse cars and put an exhaust and mags and think there fast.... its ok to like body kits but then u get the wankers that reck it for all of the "Riced up cars" Personally i think some look nice but other are way over done like that stupid Boot thing.

jus my opinion

Cheers

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2003 04:02]

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Mon, 07 July 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats dumb.

i don't mind truly different jobs, like that prelude/honda whatever in rice 4s that had the bonnet converted to open sideways, at least that looked kinda cool.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 08 July 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah man... Those bonnet's that open sidewayz are the stupidest idea ever...

Just think how are you supposed to work on the engine when the bonnets only come up 2 feet???

You have to take the time to remove the bonnet and you will scratch the paint that it around the bolts when most of the show cars have awesome paint jobs...
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Tue, 08 July 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would a ricer ever need to work on their engine?
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 09 July 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i don't like stickers or large bodykits/ wheels on cars even if they DO have the parts/performance to back it up, but its not my car, so i dont worry about it!
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 09 July 2003 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it looks pretty cool my self and i might think about doing it if it were possible on the plow.
you don't have to have a fast car and thats it. like where the hell can we drive fast anyways(legally), it don't happen anymore but,
also you can make your car look nice then you can make it look different most of the time the different ones are known as ricers yet there ain't no rice in my car just inderviduallity Very Happy .
As benny said about the silly people that have sideways bonnets it impractical but different,
modifing a car is about being different not all the same otherwise we would all being driving around in white CARS.

so now the plow has gone and done it hasn't he. Rolling Eyes
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: SICK BOOT LID MAN!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm intended) Wed, 16 July 2003 07:52 Go to previous message
Just some pics of a newer type "sick boot lid" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

Do you think the boot would leak???

http://www.fastfoursvip.com/resources.aspx/gallery.gallery/162/Images.4516.Popup_Image/AF7F1F5D9C8034E867F4A482C45A45F8/image.jpg
__________________________________________________ _______________
http://www.fastfoursvip.com/resources.aspx/gallery.gallery/162/Images.4517.Popup_Image/5B5A186000F395C889A9A88B3AF9A6F6/image.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How much are rims worth??
Next Topic:Gauges
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 16:59:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061178207397461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.