Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
poombah
Regular

August 2002

icon8.gif  Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Wed, 02 July 2003 07:21 Go to next message

My central locking is boonged good. It unlocks but only locks halfway (ie the levers on both doors move to the middle only not all the way) and yeah thus the doors dont lock.

Ive checked battery voltage and things, is this a common problem or is my car just a gremlin filled boonga?

- Russ

http://www.supratt.tk/

Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Wed, 02 July 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where did you get it installed (or did you do it yourself?)

because the ros from the central locking motor in your door could be fkd.
take the door trim off and have a look
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Wed, 02 July 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It came with central locking from the factory.

Yeah someone suggested one of the locking rail might be jammed so to open the doors and lube it up. I did come off on a track day not too long ago and went deep into the kitty litter... maybe some sand has got caught in the door?

- Russ
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Wed, 02 July 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt realise i said ros i meant rods.
they could have sand or some shh check em out lube em up.
just dont let your mum catch you lubing up your rod Laughing
poombah
Regular

August 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Wed, 02 July 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hahahaha Sure Thing!

Our power went out last nite for a couple of hours so i didnt fancy trying to fix it in the dark but yeah i was boonging around with the central locking sitting there locking the door, unlocking, locking, unlocking... and on about the 6th go it locked the doors! So yeah im hopping it is something jammed in it.

turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Thu, 03 July 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also have a problem with my central locking on my mk3.

it always locks the driver door but only occasionally locks the passenger as well.

locking it from inside the car with that switch thing on the lock on the driverside only works sometimes as well.

any advice?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Thu, 03 July 2003 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as above take your door trim off fk around with it it might be the C/L motor u might be able to get an aftermarket one or an equivlant.

if it is the motor your best bet would be to ring a central locking dude and ask if he can get the motor - or advice on fixing it.

peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Thu, 03 July 2003 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check that the rods that go from your electric locking gun and properly connected to the regular rod (from the handle to the lock). make sure they are tightly connected, if they have come off the they should be done so that (and this is from memory so may be wrong) with the door locked, put the gun about half way out and screw on. you might need to disconnect the power to the gun to do this, or it might just grab and go all the way when you start pulling it.

if that makes any sense that is..........
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Thu, 03 July 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on one of my doors this happened, and also the window would be really hard to wind up. taking off the trim, the wire that connects the key barrel to the pop up thing had somehow come loose. its easy just to hook it back in place. i think the problem with the window was that the wire had forced the window out of its track, and repeated winding up/down accentuated the problem.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Supra MkIII Central Locking Problems Thu, 03 July 2003 12:17 Go to previous message
Is it after rain or dew?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE30 Supercharged 2TGEU or 3TGEU
Next Topic:Paint preparation help - ye old rolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 00:48:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055608749389648 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.