Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
winta
Occasional Poster

June 2003
icon5.gif  ae92 seca sx questions Sun, 29 June 2003 12:43 Go to next message
hey all, im a new member to the forum, i drive a white 90 seca sx and was just wanting to ask a few questions to get it nice quicker.

Where does one source the side rubbing strips (middle of the door) im in perth so just the type of place that stocks em would be great.

Will 17's fit without too much trouble? Do they scrub? and how much can u lower ur car safely with them ... i dont want to slam it as everywhere i go seems to be full of speed bumps but i dont want it to sit like a hilux.

Mirrors is it easy enough to source them from wreckers etc with out being extorted for all my cash

and finally

i was looking at doing the exhaust

i was thinking something along the lines of 4-2-1 with 2.5 pressbent ... although i heard that 4-2-1 wont give you that much more performance on standard ... whos got what and whats the best set up?

cheers!

peace
  Send a private message to this user    
winta
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: ae92 seca sx questions Sun, 29 June 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and whats the approx cost on a sunroof? or are they just trouble?

peace
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: ae92 seca sx questions Sun, 29 June 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me thinks most people will tell u to get a 2" exhaust or 2.25" at most.
me thinks me is also no expert.
swankiedude
Regular

March 2003

Re: ae92 seca sx questions Sun, 29 June 2003 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a AE92 seca cs and it is sitting on 17x7's at the moment and the only problem I have had with them is the fact that if im doing a full lock turn then sometimes the inner side of the tyre will rub against the wheel guard against the engine bay although this doesnt happen all the time. The only other prob I have is the fact that I have a g/f who sometimes likes to hit pot-holes and dent my rims. My car is still at standard ride height for the next couple of weeks when she will come down about 2 inches. I havent heard of any1 having many probs with scraping or anything but I guess I will soon find out. I have a baby daughter so obviously I cant throw away a comforatable ride and dont want to bottom out everywhere. I also have a 2 1/4 exhaust system from the cat back in teh planning and all exhausts shops said that its a good size for a car like mine. Your car being a SX has more power than mine so you shouldnt have a problem witha 2 1/4. Go and talk to some exhausts shops and they will tell you everything you could possibly want to know. I hope this helps some
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: ae92 seca sx questions Sun, 29 June 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rubbing strips, can you elaborate on what they are a bit more? if you're talking about the plastic that covers the seat belt between the doors, i think you'll be flat out finding ones that aren't worn.

17" would look a bit "too" much on seca - just my 2 cents, i'd go for 15", i reckon they're the most balance for that type of car - not too big and not 14".
winta
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: ae92 seca sx questions Mon, 30 June 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for all the help

yea the exhaust shop i called said 2.25 was a nice size.

rubbing stips i mean the plastic things on the exterior of the car that run down the middle of the door along the length of the car...

peace.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: ae92 seca sx questions Mon, 30 June 2003 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as posted above most people will tell you to go 2" as the the 2.25" is just to big for the standard motor!!!
maybe even make some post in the parts wanted section, someone may able to help you out with the bits you are sourcing
justin
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: ae92 seca sx questions Thu, 03 July 2003 07:33 Go to previous message
AE92's (sx) when u lower them (i had compressed king super lows) over 17 x7" rims (215 tyres) will scrub the gaurds.
You just need to get the rear arches lipped, and the front just remove the arch plastic inners.

No need to go 2.5", i had a 2 1/4" mandral with 2/4/1 extractors and i lost power over the 2" system.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How much do 1989 GTRs cost nowadays ?
Next Topic:Speeding kills? Bollocks!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:43:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046579837799072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.