Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Perth Celica Drought!?!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Buzz_2jz
Newcomer

May 2003
icon9.gif  Perth Celica Drought!?! Fri, 30 May 2003 13:11 Go to next message
About 12 years ago I bought my 1st car- a 1974 Ta22- shortly after, I`d see them everywhere, green, blue, brown, yellow. Tonight I saw 2(both 22`s) one was what looked to be "Falcon XR8 Blue" the other was in desperate need of restoration.

There were none for sale in the Auto Trader and only 2 up for grabs in the paper in as many weeks, 1 @ $350 and the other @ $6500.

Are people holding on to them, or are they becoming hard to find parts for and slowly finding there way to a rusty grave?

For the latter I dearly hope not!

I`m searching for one under $1000. Eventually I will bring it back from the dead.

Send a private message to this user    
OmEg_A
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: Perth Celica Drought!?! Mon, 02 June 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look in the quokka.
there are always a few celicas in there.
I got my TA22 for hell cheap, still registered, bit of rust here n there, but its fixable.
Theres one in the quokka atm for $500, owned by an "old lady" apparently.
There is also no real abundance of good parts for the celica in perth, well not that i know of anyway.
There are a few being wrecked here and there, but im still trying to find a 3T-GTE engine for mine.
You know where i can find one?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Perth Celica Drought!?! Sun, 29 June 2003 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even the quokka website, www.quokka.com.au is great. Just did a quick look and saw 3 or 4 TA22's on there.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Perth Celica Drought!?! Fri, 04 July 2003 02:25 Go to previous message
yep, with the shift to modern rice burners, we're all seeing alot less classic stuff on the road, and understandably so. The hassle of finding or repairing suitable parts for the old cars, and the ease of finding big power and being able to use it to full effect in more modern cars, certainly signals a change in people's thinking.
I've just returned from Melbourne, and was amazed at the lack of old cars on the road there. Celica wise, I only saw 3-4 TA22's and one RA28, most of which were ready for the wrecker! Post 86 stuff was more abundant, but not kept in good condition overall.
This also brings up the point of paying for what you get. everyone seems to want the older style cars at the moment, but no one wants to pay the price for a good example.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Canberra guys: who's going to the Dyno Day?
Next Topic:CCG website
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:46:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045878887176514 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.