Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Forum Changes - Comments and Questions

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

icon3.gif  Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 06 June 2003 07:11 Go to next message

If you have any questions, comments or problems with the transfer of the forums to the new server or the changing structure and rules of the forums then post here.

Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 06 June 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has it already changed to the new server?
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 06 June 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not as yet... the new server is still being configured and should be live hopefully in the next week

an announcement will be made when it is

the structure changes of the forums will happen at the same time so it should be obvious when the new server is in place

Smile

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 06 June 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet potatos Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 06 June 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*ed sits on edge of bed waiting with baited breath*
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 06 June 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope the new rules do not cause over regulation. And that wonderous gagging effect known as political correctness does not deal itself out highly.

Cheers
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 06 June 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can we get rid of the post count and just keep the forums junkie names?
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sat, 07 June 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff danny, hope all goes well with the conversion....whats the specs of the new box if you don't mind?

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sat, 07 June 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can we get a linkbox in the Personal messages screen ( ie the dropdown one that lists the forum areas ) please ? every other screen has it just about :)Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sat, 07 June 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Fri, 06 June 2003 21:55

Can we get rid of the post count and just keep the forums junkie names?

No we cannot Shane... I will catch you one day Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sat, 07 June 2003 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Sat, 07 June 2003 10:52

good stuff danny, hope all goes well with the conversion....whats the specs of the new box if you don't mind?

I can answer that Smile

It's a P4 2.4GHz with 800MHz FSB (hyperthreading model, although we can't use the HT just yet for reason's I'll explain) with 1GB RAM (333Mhz DDR, Dual channel), mirrored SATA hard disks (80G/8M cache) using an Adaptec SATA RAID card (which is the reason why we can't use HT, because the Adaptec driver doesnt support the SMP kernel - yet). It compiles the standard 2.4.20 linux kernel and modules in around three minutes, which is not too shabby.

sam
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 08 June 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that running a front mount intercooler or a top mount danny Smile

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 08 June 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unfortunately the mechanical team of Toymods have been banned from touching this machine - strictly the nerds only Razz

*sorry Sam & Max Laughing
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 08 June 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go easy witz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sam. sounds good.
hyperthreading - definately a choice way to go.

whats the word on adaptec? havent they pulled their finger out yet? sheesh? pretty unlike them dude they're normally fairly good
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Mon, 09 June 2003 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy - we have no intention for Toymods to become 'over-regulated' but we do want a strict standard enforced so that the forums do not become another blackhole of useless information or pointless posts. initially moderation levels may be high but we hope over time an element of self-moderation will come into play as people come to know what we expect.

Cool1 - at this stage the post counts will stay the same.

Classique71 - the 'link box' you ask for is software dependent. Sam will be upgrading the software with the new server so it may be in that release.

Smile

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Mon, 09 June 2003 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Sun, 08 June 2003 19:48

whats the word on adaptec? havent they pulled their finger out yet? sheesh? pretty unlike them dude they're normally fairly good

Yeah although the SATA RAID card is fairly new, plus I'm hoping that sooner or later it becomes supported natively in the kernel.

sam
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Tue, 10 June 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wreckon the scrapping of the post counter will scrap a lot of useless posts!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Tue, 10 June 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig wrote on Tue, 10 June 2003 19:20

i wreckon the scrapping of the post counter will scrap a lot of useless posts!

Thats exactly what i think!
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Tue, 10 June 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's pretty easy to get rid of the post counter in the thread listing, and it'll still be available in the Members list. I'll bring it up at the next board meeting.

sam
Sprocket
Regular

October 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 15 June 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just me, or has everyone lost their avatars today?

Are we going to get them back if we have lost them?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 15 June 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay! Nice to be able to generate a page in under a second...as opposed to the 46 seconds it got to before! Very Happy

As for the avatars, mine is still there in my profile, is it a case of re-submitting them, or can the moderators just re-authorise them?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 15 June 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd guess that it would be easier to submit the alvatars again???
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 15 June 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No need to resubmit you avatar, because if you look in your profile, the avatar still exists.

It's probably a templating issue, I'll check it out after the actual forum move tommorrow. I'm sure it won't kill you in the meantime Smile

rgrds
Sam
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 15 June 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But I miss froggy Sad
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sun, 15 June 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 15 June 2003 17:40

But I miss froggy Sad

Oh well in that case... there you go...
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Mon, 16 June 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the "Mark all messages read" option going to come back??

the one that sat bottom right hand corner, under all the forums lists.

i was a big fan of that... Confused Confused

EDIT: looks like this option has magically appeared, or i was blind in the first place... Embarassed
thanks. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 16 June 2003 07:18]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Mon, 16 June 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno whether its on the new server on not yet, but its bloody fast tonite, and there are alot of people logged on. I'd say its new server as the speeds, kick ass. Soon as I get my MA61(July, yayayayyaya Very Happy ) I'll become a member and support this awesome forum.

@lch
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Thu, 26 June 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00t! Got the hyperthreading working as well...

sam.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Sat, 28 June 2003 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno if it was the forums or my computer but lately I've been loading up the forums and find that I've been automatically logged out...

It never used to do this on the old forums...

Just wondering if it was a hickup or what???

Has anyone else had this same problem???
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Tue, 01 July 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a small whinge.

PLEASE posters - if you have multiple comments to make on the one thread, make them in ONE POST, not FIVE! It's just not cool.

/end whinge
mikey_m
Regular

September 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Tue, 01 July 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a small problem I have found, I am not sure if it is just me or others as well, but I am not getting the e-mail from reply to posts. Hence I come back to check the same threads for updates over again.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Wed, 02 July 2003 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This has been explained in a few different threads. It basically has come down to the way the forum software works. Just go looking around, its in one of the other comments threads.

This is bugging me also though, I used to just read all the replies in my e-mail then decided whether or not to reply. Is there any timeframe on when we might be able to get this back? Very Happy Pretty please Smile

Found it: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=15227#msg_num_8

[Updated on: Wed, 02 July 2003 01:21]

mikey_m
Regular

September 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Wed, 02 July 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you see I got that one but have not got the others I have replied to since the change, In fact this is the first one I recieved and I have made numerous replies of my own before this one, I am quite confused by the other threads, I do not Understand the explination. I just want to know when people have replied to my own replies/threads.
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Thu, 03 July 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too also like it how every reply to a thread was then emailed to you. and as above, i would just read the replies in outlook, and reply if i wanted.

Also, is it true!!? or am i just blind...

The Post count has been gotten rid of!!!??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

goodo! Cool
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Thu, 03 July 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes the post count feature has been removed to prevent people misusing it or using it as an excuse to spam

[Updated on: Fri, 04 July 2003 01:59]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Forum Changes - Comments and Questions Fri, 04 July 2003 08:34 Go to previous message
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who put a toymods card on my car
Next Topic:toolage factor
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:24:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059070587158203 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.