Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Tue, 01 July 2003 03:59 Go to next message
What: Weighbridge Day, a chance for you to have your car weighed & work out your power:weight ratio (when combined with your dyno day results)and also find out the front/rear weight balance of your car, and to enjoy a BBQ lunch & the company of other Toymodders.
When: Sunday, 20th July, 10:00am
Where: Meeting at Homebush Bay, in the carpark near the train station just off Australia Ave. From here we will cruise to the weighbridge.
Cost: $5 for members, $10 for non members.
BBQ lunch will be sausage sambos for $2, $2.50 for non-members, & all drinks for $1.
Please note, this is not an official RTA registered weighbridge, so the results cannot be used for any official purpose.

This year the weighbridge is being provided by Johnny Kypreos, who is also donating his sunday to run things, so big thanks goes to Johnny!

[Updated on: Wed, 23 July 2003 07:00] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 01 July 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm there dude ! Smile I've been waiting for this one.
Now we get to see what the truck really weighs. ?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 01 July 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will try to make an appearance in the celica this time!!! Very Happy
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 01 July 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be very interesting to see what the FAT GT4 weighs...?? I'll be there!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 01 July 2003 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im definatley there. Smile
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 01 July 2003 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in. Seeing as though I missed the last one. (might hide some bags of cement in the boot and keep everyone stuffed as to why the 1/4 mile times are what they are) Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Wed, 02 July 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I missed the last one aswell and who could complain with a $56 price tag???

I'll be there...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Thu, 03 July 2003 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already have an RTA-measured weight on my beastie, and it's far from stock! Laughing Done with ¼-tank of fuel and no rear seats. Smile

What is the 'nearest-weight' it calculates to? 20kg's? I didn't get to do either the Dyno Day OR the Weight-Watcher's event last year, but caught up with some members for the first time after the event took place. Nod

Will be there for this one - I wanna see the shocking power-to-weight ratio of my poor RAV4! Shocked Evil or Very Mad
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Fri, 04 July 2003 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my celica is back on the road by then i will be there, but don't hold ur breath. Still waiting on the box.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Fri, 04 July 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coming back from the snow the day beforehand, so if I can drag myself out of bed on the Sunday I might make it down for a while.. (at least it's not too far from home Smile )
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Sat, 05 July 2003 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where abouts is the weigh bridge as I have to work at 3.

If its somewhere I can get from and to work in time, i'll be there to see if i can out weight rod's crown
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 08 July 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hhhhmmmmmm I'm thinking I could get technical here and get a little difficult and try and calculate the CG height as well. I'll have to have a chat to Jonney when we get there.

There's that engineer scheming again..........
mrrolla@bigpond.com
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 08 July 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I`m spewing that I haven`t got my fully shit AE82 Rolla Sedan back yet Crying or Very Sad ... Can`t wait 2 go cruzin wif u mad bastards Very Happy ! I don`t think I should rock up in my VL wagon Embarassed. But I`ll see...
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 08 July 2003 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrrolla@bigpond.com wrote on Tue, 08 July 2003 15:04

I don`t think I should rock up in my VL wagon Embarassed. But I`ll see...

why not?

you can join me in the toymods-VL sub-club

Razz

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Wed, 09 July 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joel where is the bridge in reguards to the meeting spot?

danny: still no GT4? i thought it was finished?
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Fri, 11 July 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig wrote on Wed, 09 July 2003 22:47

having a few electrical issues Sad ... should be fixed up soon Smile

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Sat, 12 July 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could we get an address for the weighbridge?
I dont get off work till 12, but I'd like to try and get over there, see what my car weighs in at with a 1jz
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Sun, 13 July 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't wanna make the adress of the weighbridge public, it will be alot less hasle if we can all turn up together. If you can't make it to the meeting place in time them give me a PM & I'll help you out.

I cannot say for sure the increments of the scales, but I'll be suprised if it is as much as 20kgs, it does look pretty high tech. Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Sun, 13 July 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The weighbridge I got my weight from was an RTA authorised one, it's the one on Rawson St. This is just known as a 'Public Weighbridge' and has increments of 20kg's (I'm still not sure if it's 20kg's FROM nearest weight or TO nearest weight). Either way I guess it's not that accurate, but ok for trucks. Rolling Eyes
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Tue, 15 July 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DannyGT4 wrote on Fri, 11 July 2003 13:10

Oz_Craig wrote on Wed, 09 July 2003 22:47

having a few electrical issues Sad ... should be fixed up soon Smile

oooo... looks like the gremlins are fixed... hooray!! Very Happy

it'll be good to see what she weighs so i'll be there

hmm... first proper cruise for the gt4 in a loooong time Cool

DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Thu, 17 July 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

got it slipped and rego'd today

so i'll be there for sure!

only a couple of days now... yay
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Thu, 17 July 2003 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are they separate scales for each wheel or is it like a weigh bridge. Asked another way, will we be getting corner weights??
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day, 20th July Fri, 18 July 2003 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

from what i have been told you can get a front/rear split

is this what you were after?

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Fri, 18 July 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that and maybe a little more. I am not really interested in what the total weight is, cos I know it is already too much. If they can tell me the corner weights I can actually put that into perspective with the suspension stuff I am looking into.
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Fri, 18 July 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

you can PM bigworm as he will know for sure but my information was it will do a front/rear split but not an all 4 corners split

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sat, 19 July 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, nah it's not a set of corner scales, just a weighbridge. It doesn't actually give us F/R ratio, we'll be weighing each half of the cars seperately.
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sat, 19 July 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Won't be making it tomorrow... Crying or Very Sad hope it's a great day & catch up with some of you on Monday night
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sun, 20 July 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was a good day,
i just got home then
enjoyed it alot
nothing like seeing a ke20 sideways in 3rd crabing up the road Smile

stitts wagon is looking the goods as well with the new wheels
i got pic's if u want them Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sun, 20 July 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My total weight was 1200kg... That is 150kg over the spec weight and I suspect this is majorly because of the stereo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... I never thought that the system could actually add that much weight...

And Stitt's Crown with 7 ppl in the car got a total of 2150kg with 1300kg at the rear Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Here are a few pics...

I didn't take that many at all...

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0aQDLAiYgUbLSui29R53rf10L2tlUW*AVpT29dgmZJ7d3EgicFmvYseVFsfwkSc9tGOKseH4bFIxmpesE!cQSeV!46G12DcalhRlGm*wC5RNIcyTtyuIYo0V5CG4jRWpjS*9rqTEVmiLZChiFcll0mHPsDJxjqJKL/Ben's%20Corolla%20With%20Stockers%20For%20Fun.jpg?dc=4675431027439915491
__________________________________________________ _______________
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADSAvgXq8gxmb*idWFKbBACqC8F1NkZilmx4SW3b*qpcJ*Dg1TdBubturmMEY2BKHau9NRhxdXy*cDq51h1HxtaUOtyk8A25ZQUwDnkqgTFO2Z3QQbB4XSC3BcAcNwX/Stitt's%20Crown%2001.jpg?dc=4675431027462339992
__________________________________________________ _______________
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADVAvkX5sgxmb*idWFKbBACqC8F1NkZwKcqNUmAYqgHBuHyPab!QDUUCQMxtPM1mLcONQD7bynOmBeODXHAGmNodRzzQESQciMSUM9kuRX1ttilf8KG*nSCWCkAcFgp/Stitt's%20Crown%2002.jpg?dc=4675431027482892206
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sun, 20 July 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like I beat you to the pics Josh Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

The wheels on Luke's Crown suit the car really well as you can see from the pics... They looked awesome...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sun, 20 July 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed - a vast improvement with some very appropriate wheels for the ride, a great choice. Now all it needs is a lick (or two) of paint and some better figures on the dyno. Very Happy Perhaps an air filter might not go astray?? Laughing Those pics of that Crown are classics. Razz

My RAV put up exactly what I thought it would, and the front/rear split is similar to what I expected. 90.8kw (Evil or Very Mad) on 1440kg's gives a power to weight ratio of 15.86 kg/kw. Take out the driver (and his beefy 110kg frame), and a 1330kg car with the same output figures puts up 14.65 kg/kw.

Front/Rear split weights are 840kg front and 600kg rear. This represents 7/12 (or 58.33%) front weight bias and 5/12 (or 41.67%) rear. These figures are WITH driver. Without, and it's more like 55% front, 45% rear.

Overall I'm fairly happy with the end results, even if there are still a few question marks over the RAV's output figure on the dyno. Twisted Evil
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sun, 20 July 2003 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK thanks guy for the comments on the wheels. I really like them and think they look good, (hence why i bought them). I was really suprised when I had the extra 680kg of ppl in the car they didn't scrub out.

as for the actual weight. With driver F:740kg R:740 kg T: 1480 kg And for every one out there that is feeling slow that is a 50:50 split.

With 7 ppl (all legally seated) in the car F: 680kg R: 1300kg
T: 2160kg. The thing was sitting LoooooooooW.

My current power weights where thrown out due to me dissmal shwing on the dyno, according to that they are

Stock: 44.84kg/kw
7 ppl: 65.45kg/kw

However on a pevious dyno run at 57.1 new figures are

Stock: 25.91kg/kw
7 ppl: 37.82kg/kw

Thanks for the great day catch you all next time
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Mon, 21 July 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that crown is the 'sikist' car around! Coat of paint and a 1J and u have a pimp machine!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Tue, 22 July 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 20 July 2003 16:47

My total weight was 1200kg... That is 150kg over the spec weight and I suspect this is majorly because of the stereo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... I never thought that the system could actually add that much weight...

Dude - Don't forget that the factory stated dry weight will be waaay under the actual "on-road" weight.. (all those little things like fuel, oil, washer fluid etc etc add up!) (Also - don't forget the driver!! Easiest way to improve your power-weight ratio is go on a diet! Laughing )

What was your front-rear split anyway?

I wasn't too dissapointed with my results.
Front: 740 Kg
Rear: 500 Kg
GVM: 1240 Kg (minus Jesse = 1200. minus Lucid = 1120)

Taking the weight of driver and passenger out of consideration, that makes it around a 55:45 Front:Rear split. Not too bad! Very Happy

Gotta love the power:weight ratio of Jason's YelloRolla!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon3.gif  Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Tue, 22 July 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can't quite subtract the driver and passenger from just the front since you're both not sitting over the front axles.

The correct way would the the ratio between how far you sit from the front and back...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Tue, 22 July 2003 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair point. To make it a little less speculative, I'll put it this way.

Car + Driver & Front seat passenger = 1240 Kg
Weight distribution F:R = 59:41

Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Tue, 22 July 2003 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be somewhere between those two figures.

Anything less than 60:40 is pretty good for a FWD!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Wed, 23 July 2003 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stitt.. after seeing that pickie, I can see why the3 cops pulled you over (repeatedly Smile) at dubbo... it looks like you've just crammed 3 mates in the boot Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Wed, 23 July 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Tue, 22 July 2003 12:28

What was your front-rear split anyway?

Ummm, Mine was like 640 front and 560 rear...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Fri, 25 July 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch! Damn man.. You got a fat ass!! Razz
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Fri, 25 July 2003 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hellooo sound equipment... Razz Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sat, 26 July 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I was saying before, my ass is a lot fatter than the other Rolla's...

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sat, 26 July 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or do you mean 'phatter' huh, rice-boy?? Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sat, 26 July 2003 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah bro... Thats it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Sun, 27 July 2003 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben.......Love the new Avatar Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July Mon, 28 July 2003 11:14 Go to previous message
Thanks dude... I thought it was the best pic to do as the new wallpaper...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SYDNEY SPRINTER CRUISE * PICS!
Next Topic:Dyno Day 7 - Results
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:10:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00848388671875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.